LFFL 2015/16 Draft thread discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Every team nominates 3 players from their list and he picks one from each team. If he doesnt want any of the 3 listed he can have a draft pick after jordies next pick instead.

Alternatively he can begin taking the skipped picks whenever he is ready and pick the rest of his team after jordie.

Doesnt bother me either way...
If that happens though, how do those teams which lose players redraft? What if some teams lose players from three rounds ago (that he picks) and others from last round?

IE. Lets say each club puts up their last three players. He chooses for a forward Eddie Betts from the Polar Bears. It means sr20 then has to pick another forward, but rather than just losing Betts, other forwards are also unavailable who were taken AFTER Betts by other clubs, but The Meerkats don't need another forward. It means sr20 then has to settle for a forward who is probably five or six players lower than the one he had in Betts.

Just an example, but that's the flaw with that. You could make a case for any position in the same vein.

That's why I reckon he just picks the rest of his squad now, so it doesn't disadvantage certain teams. Especially if he only took players from some teams not others, because then those teams don't lose out, but others do.

I thought he said I can do it if you need the numbers, which isn't a no.
Yeah this is right. It was a numbers thing. Skip to be fair, is incredibly busy. I know he has a lot on his plate and I don't think he likes to throw in the towel because he is a proud person. Probably should have told us earlier, but I can understand that when a lot's on your mind, a fantasy football game isn't exactly something addressed first.

Goodo, let's get moving then. According to my list I've got 5 that I would still pick as potential starters in certain positions. So depending on what's already in the squad, there's still potential to have a reasonable top 10. How many picks does he get, 15?

If that happens though, how do those teams which lose players redraft? What if some teams lose players from three rounds ago (that he picks) and others from last round?

IE. Lets say each club puts up their last three players. He chooses for a forward Eddie Betts from the Polar Bears. It means sr20 then has to pick another forward, but rather than just losing Betts, other forwards are also unavailable who were taken AFTER Betts by other clubs, but The Meerkats don't need another forward. It means sr20 then has to settle for a forward who is probably five or six players lower than the one he had in Betts.

Just an example, but that's the flaw with that. You could make a case for any position in the same vein.

That's why I reckon he just picks the rest of his squad now, so it doesn't disadvantage certain teams. Especially if he only took players from some teams not others, because then those teams don't lose out, but others do.
Then dont put that player up? Everyone would be in the same situation, so the flaw would affect us all

Then dont put that player up? Everyone would be in the same situation, so the flaw would affect us all
Okay let me put it another way. We'll say for this example we put up our three worst players which statistically came from Rounds 7-9.

Lets say he chooses to take a player selected in Round 7 from the Polar Bears, Plovers and Mozzie Bites, Round 8 for The Ladyboys and American Rednecks, but picks for the rest.

The Polar Bears, Plovers and Mozzies LOSE a Round 7 player and they pick up a Round 10 player. The Ladyboys and American Rednecks LOSE a Round 8 player and pick up a Round 10 player. Straight there, those teams are immediately disadvantaged because the remaining teams keep their Rounds 7-9 picks.

So it would look like:

Polar Bears/Plovers/Mozzies R8, 9, 10, 10
Ladyboys/Rednecks R7, 9, 10 10
Everyone else R7, 8, 9, 10

The top three teams have traded in a ROUND 7 selection for a ROUND 10 selection. The other two have traded a ROUND 8 selection for a ROUND 10 selection. The others keep their picks.

See what I mean? I see what you've tried to do, but for it to be optional and the fact it's over three rounds/three different players, there is a serious flaw. It bumps some, but not all of the existing teams down.

Okay let me put it another way. We'll say for this example we put up our three worst players which statistically came from Rounds 7-9.

Lets say he chooses to take a player selected in Round 7 from the Polar Bears, Plovers and Mozzie Bites, Round 8 for The Ladyboys and American Rednecks, but picks for the rest.

The Polar Bears, Plovers and Mozzies LOSE a Round 7 player and they pick up a Round 10 player. The Ladyboys and American Rednecks LOSE a Round 8 player and pick up a Round 10 player. Straight there, those teams are immediately disadvantaged because the remaining teams keep their Rounds 7-9 picks.

So it would look like:

Polar Bears/Plovers/Mozzies R8, 9, 10, 10
Ladyboys/Rednecks R7, 9, 10 10
Everyone else R7, 8, 9, 10

The top three teams have traded in a ROUND 7 selection for a ROUND 10 selection. The other two have traded a ROUND 8 selection for a ROUND 10 selection. The others keep their picks.

See what I mean? I see what you've tried to do, but for it to be optional and the fact it's over three rounds/three different players, there is a serious flaw. It bumps some, but not all of the existing teams down.
He has to pick 1 for each team and draft from there?

Lol. Ffs peeps it's not that difficult. He'll pick the rest of squad first up and then have a season where he learns the ropes. Next year he'll be there from the start and can draft his own fickin spuds. Right now, he's a pleb and can take what he's given. If any one has an issue, then they can spam Skippos for the next six months.

Lol. Ffs peeps it's not that difficult. He'll pick the rest of squad first up and then have a season where he learns the ropes. Next year he'll be there from the start and can draft his own fickin spuds. Right now, he's a pleb and can take what he's given. If any one has an issue, then they can spam Skippos for the next six months.
Tldr; WAG agrees with my proposal. He drafts his entire team.

Should we tag him to start?
Yeah he knows, given it's 15 players, he's probably got a bit of considering. But SincMagic you can select your 15 players in the LFFL Draft Thread whenever you're right.

Ok here it goes lol..

1. Cyril Rioli - Hawthorn
2. Alex Rance - Richmond
3. Kade Kolidashnij - Gold Coast
4. Shannon Hurn - West Coast
5. Jack Billings - St Kilda
6. Dylan Roberton - St Kilda
7. Dayne Zorko - Brisbane
8. Dom Tyson - Melbourne
9. Dom Sheed - West Coast
10. Zach Merrett - Essendon
11. Jack Martin - Gold Coast
12. Isaac Heeney - Sydney
13. Jake Lever - Adelaide
14. Shaun Burgoyne - Hawthorn
15. Brent Harvey - North Melbourne

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When I said there were half a dozen starters left, I meant Rioli, SuperPav, Duncan, Dal Santo, Boomer and one more. They are all good gets at this stage, especially Duncan and Dal, at pick 14 for the squad.

i can still see a decent amount of back capable starters. Still comfortably the easiest position to play someone so no surprise that the savvy are targeting elsewhere; Breust, Higgins, Pav, Rioli, Walters and Patton have gone on the same page in the draft thread.

Happy with Jaensch, he was absolutely lighting it up before he got injured.

Spewing, I wanted one of the two of Crisp or Greenwood. Mainly Greenwood but if I missed him Crisp was one of two.. really don't think the other will last now.

Spewing, I wanted one of the two of Crisp or Greenwood. Mainly Greenwood but if I missed him Crisp was one of two.. really don't think the other will last now.
don't let it beat you up to much mate. He would have went four picks from now anyway.

Not sure I like taking a second tier Collingwood mid when they have the likes of Pendles, Swan, Treloar, Aish, Sidebottom, Adams and even De Goey all getting minutes before Greenwood.

Maybe I'm still offended he left North but can't see him picking up high numbers

Not sure I like taking a second tier Collingwood mid when they have the likes of Pendles, Swan, Treloar, Aish, Sidebottom, Adams and even De Goey all getting minutes before Greenwood.

Maybe I'm still offended he left North but can't see him picking up high numbers
Man you took this long to write this post and then didn't even pick :rolleyes:

Man you took this long to write this post and then didn't even pick :rolleyes:
Well considering I'm not at home with my laptop and all my preferences have been taken I'm going to wait until I get home.

also have 24 hours so I'm not in a rush :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back