Official Club Stuff Libba knee injury - 2015 season over

Remove this Banner Ad

We're not winning the flag this year now...

Fingers crossed for the kid. We really won't know til there's scans done. He was walking around. Look at stevie j 2011 prelim. Looked horrible.

If it is done we get a good look at the kids, by the end of the year there'll be a heavy list of 30+ game players and he can come back like his captain did and like many other guns have.

Not sure you'd have him walking around and in the huddle with an acl. Hopefully scans are just precautionary.

Not sure if you ever have done one but acls are not always crutch worthy.
I know 4 or 5 people who have done them and are waking around normally - sideways movement impossible and not much strength but they walk unimpeded - know you are trying to be positive though. Just pointing out the fact.

I remember Ryan Griffen going down again lions 4 years ago and I thought definite knee. About the only time in my years following footy where news was positive.
One of besties is a leading physio in knee treatments... Pointed out recent research suggests a strong hereditary link in knees - also not good

Dear Footy Gods,

I know it's been a while. I know I don't have any right to ask for a favour after cursing you all to death in '97 and then after every prelim since then. I even take back the things I said about you when you shined on Billy Brownless for the last kick of the game that ruined another finals series for us.

The stuff I said about you when Chris Grant missed a Brownlow and then when we recruited Jade Rawlings. I'm sorry for all that too.

But geez... Take it easy on Libba. He doesn't deserve to miss a season. Haven't you taken enough from the Liberatore family already? You stole the goal from Tony in '97. You swapped the skittles in Toms pocket after the nightclub. Are they the Footy Gods' Job from the Old Testament?

Please make it a strain. Make him miss the Brownlow by one vote this year...but don't rob us of our best midfielder 10mins into the preseason...

I remember the crutches. Thought you were more getting at how Libba was emotionally.

Any more details on Libba immortal?

This is going to make me physically sick. Already upset but somehow, not knowing for sure kinda feels a bit worse.

Might not be as bad as it looked.. Although ligament injuries don't stop you from being able to walk, he could end up with bruising and just need a few weeks off up to the start of the season

Dear football Gods,

As an avid Bulldogs I'd like to say a big f**you. Seriously, go f**k yourself. No other c**t has had to put up with as much s**t as dogs supporters. Hope your child gets strung up on a cross and eaten by crows.

sincerely

EAFD

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feel like I've been kicked in the guts.

As a sidenote, I really feel for Eric Mackenzie, too. Nobody should be cut down like that, in the prime of their career.

Hopefully the scans bring good news.

is a PCL not as bad as an ACL?

really hoping that it is not either

Def not a PCL - they are commonly the injury ruckman get with a front on blow or contact.
It can sometimes go at the same time as really bad acl's.
The other ligament is medial.... that would be best case as usually 12 weeks.
But given the movement of the knee it suggests ACL if anything

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-02-28/dogs-young-gun-injured

While the 22-year-old will have scans in the next few days to determine the damage to the left knee he injured against Richmond on Saturday, the Dogs have conceded he's likely torn his anterior cruciate ligament.

"He'll need a scan tomorrow but it doesn't look good at the moment," coach Luke Beveridge said after the Dogs' 22-point win.

"Without a scan you can't confirm anything.

"If there's a remote chance, we're hoping for it but it doesn't look good."

Bollocks and shite squared. And that's swearing.

All but confirmed ACL. Big shoes to fill for 2 engine room players, that's the biggest concern :(

Can see Stringer spending some minutes right in the guts now

Remove this Banner Ad

Back