Nodgey

Premiership Player
Aug 14, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SDFC, Liverpool, Scorchers
I'm impressed by how the club is handling the list at the moment.

There's another thread floating around here re the Chris Scott live chat. In that chat he was asked about contingency plans for Sandi and Pav and he answered it well.

A few weeks back, Pearce came in to replace Subes.

Roberton makes his debut this week replacing JVB.

Kepler's close to getting a game, but keeps missing out. I suspect he will only manage a game as backup ruck if Johnno gets injured.

Likewise, I reckon Clarke will only get a game as lead ruckman if Sandi is unfortunate enough to be injured. And Schammer will just have to wait his turn.

What I'm getting at here, is that the club has a thorough understanding of all our players' skillsets and qualities (as they should) but are disciplined enough to replace like for like.

This ensures our structures are consistent, with minimal disruption to our game plan. I really like the way our club is heading at the moment.:thumbsu:

If that's the case, then Palmer has come in for Clancee as a mid who pushes forward. Who goes out when Suban is ready to come back in?

I agree though, in the past the coaching staff seemed to look at who was next best on the list, rather than next best for the particular role that is vacant. Means that the structures that are in place remain consistent, and everyone maintains the same role every week

I reckon our Club should have a real time, real life contingency drill next week against brissy.
It'd be a great game to put all our non essential players in, and see how delegating critical personnel assignments completely and absolutely fantastically definately would have nothing but a positive a outcome for the decision making tree our players will face during the process.

Or ...why don't we rest a few.

I'm impressed by how the club is handling the list at the moment.

There's another thread floating around here re the Chris Scott live chat. In that chat he was asked about contingency plans for Sandi and Pav and he answered it well.

A few weeks back, Pearce came in to replace Subes.

Roberton makes his debut this week replacing JVB.

Kepler's close to getting a game, but keeps missing out. I suspect he will only manage a game as backup ruck if Johnno gets injured.

Likewise, I reckon Clarke will only get a game as lead ruckman if Sandi is unfortunate enough to be injured. And Schammer will just have to wait his turn.

What I'm getting at here, is that the club has a thorough understanding of all our players' skillsets and qualities (as they should) but are disciplined enough to replace like for like.

This ensures our structures are consistent, with minimal disruption to our game plan. I really like the way our club is heading at the moment.:thumbsu:

Agreed - Good post

I like the fact that experienced players like Keps, Doddy, Schammer, Murphy etc etc are being forced to continue to play well in WAFL and are doing so. When they come in to the team which with injuries, loss of form etc etc is likely to happen at "some" stage in season, they are very likely to be very hungry to perform. This can only benefit the side in long term
Great original post:thumbsu:

Couldn't agree more, I think that is the main reason behind our improvement this year, bigger than the game plan and eveything else that has been put in place... the fierce competition for a spot in the best 22 is pushing everyone to perform, in turn resulting in better execution of the game plan with tackling/defensive pressure etc.

This is something we have never had. When someone gets their chance, they want to grab it and keep it. In the past we had too many of the old DAB playing seniors, and no one better to bring in from WAFL.

I reckon our Club should have a real time, real life contingency drill next week against brissy.
It'd be a great game to put all our non essential players in, and see how delegating critical personnel assignments completely and absolutely fantastically definately would have nothing but a positive a outcome for the decision making tree our players will face during the process.

Or ...why don't we rest a few.
If Brown's 100% why don't we just win it?

Why are we playing away against Brisbane? We are away this week, it normally goes home away home away.

Yeah 'they' changed it up last year. No more theoretical 3-game home stands for WCE or Freo. If played away before Derby you have a home game after, if you played at Subi prior than you are away after the Derby...

I think it is an advantage to have played at home prior going into a Derby. That said it doesn't matter this year.

Funny to think with early season predictions of our 0-4 start, now shifting to how we handle a 5-1 post Derby record facing Bris(a), Coll(fri subi) and Sydney(a)...

Later in the year West Coast get three home games in a row around the second derby.

We only get one lot of consecutive home matches - two at this derby. West Coast get two lots of consecutive matches. Two now and three later in the year.

This is probably one of our worst draws for years.

^^^ Coming home isn't too bad. There really aren't any easy games anymore. Harvey makes this point regularly. If you think playing the Slime tomorrow will be easy you are kidding yourself.

^^^ Coming home isn't too bad. There really aren't any easy games anymore. Harvey makes this point regularly. If you think playing the Slime tomorrow will be easy you are kidding yourself.
Where did I say it would be easy?

We play two derbies and have to travel after both. We have 6 day breaks after both derbies. It's ridiculous.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd be interested to know what the roles are for 'like with like'. There can't be 18 or 22 roles or your list would get stretched by 2 or 3 injuries to one role.

I agree with the OP though, the 'like for like' philosophy shows respect for the game plan, or 'process' as they like to call it.

What I love is that our replacement "small defender" is 191cm tall.

I think that's spot on. An argument could be made for a few more than the 8 teams to play finals. As we saw last week, the average teams can knock off anyone on their day. Even Richmond gave us a spook.

I think we should roll the Toasters pretty easily, but i also think we could just as easily be beaten if we don't rock up with our A game, and they do.

I was playing around with the interactive AFL ladder last week and began to think that this is one of those years where the premiership/8 is wide open, which is a hugely exciting prospect.

Imagine if we made the top 4 :O

Remove this Banner Ad

Back