Liverpool, the world's greatest club, in any sporting code

Remove this Banner Ad

May 27, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Melbourn Victory, 49ers
The LFC fans are the loudest in the UK according to official decibel readings.

The club song is the most famous club song in the world. Everyone who hears it knows it's Liverpool's song and yet not once is the word Liverpool mentioned.

Trophies trophies trophies.

Massive world wide support, notwithstanding the limited success in recent years. Staggers the mind just how much bigger LFC can become once it starts winning titles regularly again. And with Brendan Rodgers at the helm that's not too far away.

Gerrard, say no more.

The Kop invented singing in the stands. Liverpool sets the scene and everyone else just follows.

And just a couple more as a dig at Men United fans:

1) Our red shines unlike your dull tampon stained looking red.

2) We don't have to share the same name with the cross town rival, we are simply Liverpool.

shaq%281%29.gif

The LFC fans are the loudest in the UK according to official decibel readings.

The club song is the most famous club song in the world. Everyone who hears it knows it's Liverpool's song and yet not once is the word Liverpool mentioned.

Trophies trophies trophies.

Massive world wide support, notwithstanding the limited success in recent years. Staggers the mind just how much bigger LFC can become once it starts winning titles regularly again. And with Brendan Rodgers at the helm that's not too far away.

Gerrard, say no more.

The Kop invented singing in the stands. Liverpool sets the scene and everyone else just follows.

And just a couple more as a dig at Men United fans:

1) Our red shines unlike your dull tampon stained looking red.

2) We don't have to share the same name with the cross town rival, we are simply Liverpool.

Now, Mr Gerrard, I haven't agreed on you on many things (Most notably, matters referring to Melbourne Victory in the Brisbane Roar Thread), but I approve of your post and wish to subscribe to your newsletter! YNWA

...maybe 20 years ago

Well unfortunately for you time hasn't suddenly come to an end, there are good times ahead for LFC. How many years in between drinks for the Cats? 44 or something ridiculous like that? What about Man Utd? 26 years before it broke through under SAF? LFC's drought doesn't seem so bad in comparison does it. And yet still, in spite of the drought, we are still considered a mini threat before every season and a powerhouse of a club. But I'm extremely confident of not too distant future success under BR.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The EPL says hello.

23 years and counting. And to say that your a "mini threat" for the title is hilarious, for the last five seasons you've been a mediocre upper mid-table club and things aren't improving. Spurs and Arsenal are both mini threats for the title, you are not.

there are good times ahead for LFC.

Haven't heard that one before.

How many years in between drinks for the Cats? 44 or something ridiculous like that? What about Man Utd? 26 years before it broke through under SAF? LFC's drought doesn't seem so bad in comparison does it.

Not now, but it might in 20 odd years.

And yet still, in spite of the drought, we are still considered a mini threat before every season and a powerhouse of a club.

Are you?

But I'm extremely confident of not too distant future success under BR.

Haven't heard that one before.

Brendon Rogers reminds me of Mark Neeld. Always good at talking about "philosophy" and other s**t but it's rarely backed up on the field. The comparisons to Sir Alex are ludicrous!!

Brendon Rogers reminds me of Mark Neeld. Always good at talking about "philosophy" and other s**t but it's rarely backed up on the field. The comparisons to Sir Alex are ludicrous!!
Have a look at Ferguson's first five years in charge genius. Rodgers has done * all in his 8 months in charge I'll give you that.:rolleyes:

What I find strange he says you have to do this to be successful but he's an unproven coach.

Well unfortunately for you time hasn't suddenly come to an end, there are good times ahead for LFC. How many years in between drinks for the Cats? 44 or something ridiculous like that? What about Man Utd? 26 years before it broke through under SAF? LFC's drought doesn't seem so bad in comparison does it. And yet still, in spite of the drought, we are still considered a mini threat before every season and a powerhouse of a club. But I'm extremely confident of not too distant future success under BR.
You may well be right, Suarez sure looks 'hungry' for success...

I have a lot of respect for Liverpool as a club but must say I'm finding it harder to admire them when they continue to defend an absolute flog of a person as Suarez.

Liverpool coming out and saying they won't sell him but will try and 'work on his discipline'? Fair enough he got a fine but given the amount of money he is on, I can imagine that being a drop in the ocean to him. What about his other controversies? Will they just keep tapping him on the wrist when he messes up and look the other way just because he is a supremely gifted player? How many times will he be able to diminish the Liverpool image/brand before the club do something about it?

Even Gerrard saying that the incident shouldn't overshadow his impressive exploits this season is disappointing. That kind of behaviour by Suarez shouldn't be excusable for anyone and should rightly be condemned. Whether that be racism, diving, stamping, biting or any other dirty action - they are all things the FA (and even Liverpool as a club I'm sure) would want to stamp (no pun intended) from the game so why would it be acceptable for a player to constantly exhibit such poor sportsmanship? He's done things in the past and clearly hasn't learned.

What I find strange he says you have to do this to be successful but he's an unproven coach.
Didn't you know he built Swansea from the ground up. That League Cup win has him written all over it. Before Brenton Rodgers, Swansea didn't know how to play. He built the powerhouse that is Swansea.

Didn't you know he built Swansea from the ground up. That League Cup win has him written all over it. Before Brenton Rodgers, Swansea didn't know how to play. He built the powerhouse that is Swansea.

Well Swansea is better then Liverpool.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back