Lodden Valley Football League Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Judging by all the flags pyramid has won sticking with their locals i dont think you can blame shawn for bringing in some quality players with the exception of vincent of course. Perhaps ablett has a hazy memory as i recall he left kerang on his own terms.
Did chalky not put up many of his players for interleague knowing his opponent the next week. Cant believe only one bridgy player got picked to miti's 10. As good as player as arron Mckean is, he's not good enough to even put deon jones boots on. Looks like Chalky has won round 1 against his old south bendigo sparring partner in billy grant.

Shawn will only be doing what he has been directed to do by the club which is to give his club the best possible chance to win the flag. I know that when he has recruited mid season for Kerang in the past he has actually paid the extra players out of his own payments instead of the club having to come up with the extra dollars.

Judging by all the flags pyramid has won sticking with their locals i dont think you can blame shawn for bringing in some quality players with the exception of vincent of course. Perhaps ablett has a hazy memory as i recall he left kerang on his own terms.
Did chalky not put up many of his players for interleague knowing his opponent the next week. Cant believe only one bridgy player got picked to miti's 10. As good as player as arron Mckean is, he's not good enough to even put deon jones boots on. Looks like Chalky has won round 1 against his old south bendigo sparring partner in billy grant.

Dont forget miti had the bye prior to the interleague. My guess is billy didnt want his players coming into the bridgey game with 2 weeks off, hence 10 players in the interleague.

Mitiamo had 10 intereague reps on the field and bridgewater had 1? what happened there? there are alot of handy players at bridgewater that should have been in contention for the interleague game. Although the interleague team won it may be better if they had coach that isn't currently coaching but knows alot about the league. Thoughts?

Bridgy had a few selected but they had niggling injuries. For example, East and McLeod didn't play on the weekend due to these injuries that kept them from playing the inter league game the week before.

There would have been 6-7 Bridgy players nominated for interleague. Trouble is when the likes of East, McLeod and Rhode don't bother to show up it is hard to pick them, plus Coghlan would've played if he wasn't rubbed out. The guys who played on the day (Almond excepted) had been to every training session held. As for the Bridgy players carrying niggling injuries, were they carrying these injuries for 5 weeks before the interleague game because that's when training started? As for having 10 Miti players out there I think it would've been good to have a bit more of a mix from other clubs however looking back on it now it may have helped the team gel a bit quicker than it otherwise may have. Probably not the ideal situation for the league but it worked and LV came home with the trophy.

I never said Filo was pushed, he left on his own terms because the money was drying up and he can only by success not develop it.

I know that when he has recruited mid season for Kerang in the past he has actually paid the extra players out of his own payments instead of the club having to come up with the extra dollars.

So your saying Mr.Know it all that a couple of seasons ago when Shannon Milward left Kangaroo Flat mid season to play for Kerang for $1000-
a game it came out of Filo's pocket.
Milward played 10 or so games plus finals so Filo's give up over 10g of his coaching payments, yeah right idiot.

Roota, you must go through litres of Listerine a day to cover the stench from your breath due to all the crap you speak!

I never said Filo was pushed, he left on his own terms because the money was drying up and he can only by success not develop it.
I was actually talking about yourself ablett when you left kerang on your own terms, i would hardly think you were pushed out of the side you left yourself for more money.
I would think kerang under shawn's leadership have certainly developed youngsters with bryden morrison, hayes troy coates, keil robertson to name a few have been developed under shawn.
Expect pyramid to keep improving through the season, expect filo to get the best out of the fev come finals time

So your saying Mr.Know it all that a couple of seasons ago when Shannon Milward left Kangaroo Flat mid season to play for Kerang for $1000-
a game it came out of Filo's pocket.
Milward played 10 or so games plus finals so Filo's give up over 10g of his coaching payments, yeah right idiot.

Roota, you must go through litres of Listerine a day to cover the stench from your breath due to all the crap you speak!

Neva said it was Milward who he paid ablett but I do know that he has done it.

You are right tho when you say that I speak a lot of crap. So do many of the people on here including your good self at times however on other occassions we all do speak a bit of stuff that does have truth in it as well;)

There would have been 6-7 Bridgy players nominated for interleague. Trouble is when the likes of East, McLeod and Rhode don't bother to show up it is hard to pick them, plus Coghlan would've played if he wasn't rubbed out. The guys who played on the day (Almond excepted) had been to every training session held. As for the Bridgy players carrying niggling injuries, were they carrying these injuries for 5 weeks before the interleague game because that's when training started? As for having 10 Miti players out there I think it would've been good to have a bit more of a mix from other clubs however looking back on it now it may have helped the team gel a bit quicker than it otherwise may have. Probably not the ideal situation for the league but it worked and LV came home with the trophy.

I suppose next you are going to accuse Coggie of being reported so he didn't have to play too? Give it a rest pal.

Shawn will only be doing what he has been directed to do by the club which is to give his club the best possible chance to win the flag. I know that when he has recruited mid season for Kerang in the past he has actually paid the extra players out of his own payments instead of the club having to come up with the extra dollars.[/quote]
you are a tool.what a statement.

I suppose next you are going to accuse Coggie of being reported so he didn't have to play too? Give it a rest pal.

Are you kidding me? I was actually giving Coghlan a wrap by saying he was one of the few Bridgy players that turned up and had a crack and if it wasn't for the fact he was rubbed out would've been out on the field instead of holding the magnet board.

My tips for round 8
Seniors
BL Serpentine vs Inglewood: 97 points
Newbridge vs Pyramid Hill: 71 points
Mitiamo vs YCW: 87 points
Calivil United vs Marong: 41 points

2's
BL Serpentine vs Inglewood: 87 points
Newbridge vs Pyramid Hill: 91 points
Mitiamo vs YCW: 27 points
Calivil United vs Marong: 17 points

3rds
BL Serpentine vs Inglewood: 147 points
Newbridge vs Pyramid Hill: 89 points
Mitiamo vs YCW: 105 points
Calivil United vs Marong 87 points

Shawn will only be doing what he has been directed to do by the club which is to give his club the best possible chance to win the flag. I know that when he has recruited mid season for Kerang in the past he has actually paid the extra players out of his own payments instead of the club having to come up with the extra dollars.[/quote]
you are a tool.what a statement.

Piss off idiot. Nothing wrong with the statement as it is true.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

:confused: u playing against bears, clew.

time for the g abbots boys to notch up win number 2 -- looks like this is the ideal w-end to do it

a 2 game break over serp would certainly ward off The Spoon for 2010 :)

:confused: u playing against bears, clew.

time for the g abbots boys to notch up win number 2 -- looks like this is the ideal w-end to do it

a 2 game break over serp would certainly ward off The Spoon for 2010 :)

Nah I am out with a string, a very fragile man this year! Might just provide some tactical nouse to Gomez Abbott on the bench!

We should win, hopefully, see how we go!

Piss off idiot. Nothing wrong with the statement as it is true.

And how do you knoiw this is true, dont tell me cos you spoke to Filo and he told you cos we all know the only person that speaks to you is your shrink and thats only cos he's paid to!

I'll explain to you how it happens, a couple of players hit the club for more money pre-season because they've had offers from over clubs but would rather stay where there at.
The club doesnt want to offend them and/or loose them so instead of saying your not worth any more the club says thats all they can afford to pay them.
The players cop that on the chin and stay, then half way thru the year the club picks up a few handy recruits rumoured to be on big coin.
These local players get a bit disgruntled after being told the cant afford to pay them any more yet the club has recuited a few paid players so to keep every body happy the club, with the coaches concent, tells certain players of interest that the recruits are being paid out of the coaches pocket.
It saves noses getting out of joint, clubs have been saying for it years and its nieve simpletons like Roota that believe it year in year out.

And how do you knoiw this is true, dont tell me cos you spoke to Filo and he told you cos we all know the only person that speaks to you is your shrink and thats only cos he's paid to!

I'll explain to you how it happens, a couple of players hit the club for more money pre-season because they've had offers from over clubs but would rather stay where there at.
The club doesnt want to offend them and/or loose them so instead of saying your not worth any more the club says thats all they can afford to pay them.
The players cop that on the chin and stay, then half way thru the year the club picks up a few handy recruits rumoured to be on big coin.
These local players get a bit disgruntled after being told the cant afford to pay them any more yet the club has recuited a few paid players so to keep every body happy the club, with the coaches concent, tells certain players of interest that the recruits are being paid out of the coaches pocket.
It saves noses getting out of joint, clubs have been saying for it years and its nieve simpletons like Roota that believe it year in year out.

Now ablett, not sure what your background is, but your comments are a bit harsh on some people here. to take a coach's job, which you may never have done, and to be critical on coach's getting them to finals or grand finals in that manner, is a great job done, cause there would be 8 to 10 coach's there watching wishing they were there,it takes a lot of heart to take that job on, so intill you have put the coach's hat on, ease up mate, on the money side mate, you treat the footy as a business some clubs, if you have it spend it, no use saying at the end of the year we have heaps left in the bank for next year, because in business life you get taxed on that.

:Dcan't say 2 much clew becoz my tiges got absolutely flogged at princess park .... no jimmy condos, no tiges

but ur gomez abbot boyz not over impressive u wouldnt think .... beat bears but only by 3 snag rolls .... wots going on :D

Now ablett, not sure what your background is, but your comments are a bit harsh on some people here. to take a coach's job, which you may never have done, and to be critical on coach's getting them to finals or grand finals in that manner, is a great job done, cause there would be 8 to 10 coach's there watching wishing they were there,it takes a lot of heart to take that job on, so intill you have put the coach's hat on, ease up mate, on the money side mate, you treat the footy as a business some clubs, if you have it spend it, no use saying at the end of the year we have heaps left in the bank for next year, because in business life you get taxed on that.

No arguements regarding if a club as the money your better off spending it and having some success rather than a club bragging about having a 100grand in the bank yet finishing down the bottom every year.
My point is ultimately every team that doesnt win the premiership has failed that year to some degree, so for a coach to have the cash to spend as Filo has in the past and only won 1 flag from several attemps could be deemed as a failure from an outsiders point of view.
Yeah making the grandfinal so many times should be applauded but theres obviously a deficiency come grand final day because results dont lie.
At the end of the season the best coach is the premiership coach not the coach who's team finish on top of the ladder.
To be honest i think coaches are over rated, Filo is the perfect example, take Calivil for instance they one six flags in a row under a few different coaches because of the team they had not because of the coach.
Filo has made numerous grand finals due to players he has recruited due to the large amounts of cash the clubs have give him to spend.
Coaches can bluff their way through the season with great teams full of guns and even throught the finals series but come grand final day is where the bluff runs out cos you actually have to be able to coach because your usaully playing against another team full of guns.

I would have totally disagree with that. Coaches mould the make up of the team for a start right through the summer. Who they recruit, balancing the budget, who they select etc throughout the year. Plus the way they play. structures, match up's other tactics.

One bad match up from a coach could cost u a game or on the other foot win you a game.

Anyway guys as a guest over this way, the league seems to be generating good interest this year. Who would be some early favourites for the League medal? & Who won it last year just for interests sakes?

:Dcan't say 2 much clew becoz my tiges got absolutely flogged at princess park .... no jimmy condos, no tiges

but ur gomez abbot boyz not over impressive u wouldnt think .... beat bears but only by 3 snag rolls .... wots going on :D

A win is a win bob, we'll take the 4 points and be happy with that. We didn't play anywhere near our best and would have liked to have won by more but we'll take what we got. Kudo's to Serp too, they fought hard and were legitimately devesated at the final siren.

No arguements regarding if a club as the money your better off spending it and having some success rather than a club bragging about having a 100grand in the bank yet finishing down the bottom every year.
My point is ultimately every team that doesnt win the premiership has failed that year to some degree, so for a coach to have the cash to spend as Filo has in the past and only won 1 flag from several attemps could be deemed as a failure from an outsiders point of view.
Yeah making the grandfinal so many times should be applauded but theres obviously a deficiency come grand final day because results dont lie.
At the end of the season the best coach is the premiership coach not the coach who's team finish on top of the ladder.
To be honest i think coaches are over rated, Filo is the perfect example, take Calivil for instance they one six flags in a row under a few different coaches because of the team they had not because of the coach.
Filo has made numerous grand finals due to players he has recruited due to the large amounts of cash the clubs have give him to spend.
Coaches can bluff their way through the season with great teams full of guns and even throught the finals series but come grand final day is where the bluff runs out cos you actually have to be able to coach because your usaully playing against another team full of guns.

You're starting to struggle now.

You bag Filo as the coach when his teams lose a GF but then say coaches are over rated and give the players the credit for winning a GF in Calivils case. So teams that win the GF its the players that caused it and ones that the lose its the coaches fault?

It's players and people like you that make some footy clubs toxic.

I think we have done the Filo thing to death boys.

Has anyone seen these new recruits he has landed at Pyramid? Anyone wish to comment on how they have played for their new club? Will they make Pyramid a contender?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back