Toast Longmire coach of the year

Remove this Banner Ad

Horse has done an amazing job. To think that he has introduced to star forwards and youngsters such as Cunningham , Lloyd and rampe to a premiership team is remarkable.

Great job of fast tracking the game plan to accommodate franklin and Tippett this year.

Horse has had his doubters but a win this week will have him as an all time great so early in his career

Hope he achieves the double of coach of the year and premiership coach like he did in 2012...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Longmire has the chance to equal him this week.
If the Swans win, Longmire will have coached his team to two flags within his first 100 games as coach (the GF will be #99).
Thought Hinkley was the best. Clarkson, Scott also.
Apart from declaring Robbie Gray the best player in the AFL, Hinkley's had a brilliant couple of years now. He certainly seems to have instilled the right attitude at Port.

I was critical of our coaching and list management last year, but I think Longmire and team have turned it around this year.

Deserved winner, but Clarkson must have run him close all the same.

Hahahahaha, that's a good one.

Look most of the teams up the top were there, such a mini award though. I would prefer it go to the coach that improved the side the most thats all.

I would have thought that the Hawks not losing a game when Clarkson was absent hurt his chances.
Well done Horse!

Look most of the teams up the top were there, such a mini award though. I would prefer it go to the coach that improved the side the most thats all.
#bradscottface

I'm not convinced he can coach. Arsed his way into a couple of finals, beat top teams when they were out of form or injured, laughably bad against bottom sides.

Toss up between Horse, Clarko/Brendan Bolton, or Hinksmeister

Looking at the list that was given in the article, it bodes well for our chances this weekend. Of the 11 previous winners, 5 have gone on to coach their side to a grand-final victory. In fact, every second entry on that list represents a coach whose side has won the flag that year. That is, unless you swap 2007 and 2008 back into their proper positions (error of the article). A good omen, methinks!

Senior Coach of Year

2014 John Longmire Sydney Swans - WIN?
2013 Ken Hinkley Port Adelaide
2012 John Longmire Sydney Swans - WIN
2011 John Worsfold West Coast Eagles
2010 Michael Malthouse Collingwood - WIN
2009 Ross Lyon St Kilda
2007 Mark Thompson Geelong - WIN
2008 Mark Thompson Geelong
2006 John Worsfold West Coast - WIN
2005 Neil Craig Adelaide
2004 Mark Williams Port Adelaide - WIN