Loss to Eagles is getting worse

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think they're an achilles heal team. Collingwood wce games are often cliff hanger classics with the underdog doing well, going right back to the 1990 draw and that other final where Mcguane droppef that chest mark. We've won our share of backs against the wall thrillers versus them.
We’re probably their bogey team in knockout finals that aren’t the grand final.

Without pulling at the magnifying glass and going through the team sheets, I reckon we crossed paths with WCE when they were at their strongest. They had key players back from injuries. Their Covid outs seemed minimal. It was early in the season so they had no need to drop their bundle. It was a perfect storm.

We shouldn’t complain about it though, we’re a developing team, and coming across strong opposition is how we get better.

Apparently the umpire failed to signal the end of the game.
West Coast are onto it…we obviously are not.
Will finish up being the greatest loss in VFL/AFL history.
This loss, in our away jumper, whilst playing a Western Australian team in Victoria was pretty bad. I was there too.

I was in grade six. I have a perverse sense of pride in being one of the 6000 tragics at the game. Here's a summary of the match One night without stripes
With a crowd of 6,500 & gate just under $12,000 it only cost less than $2 on average to watch the game…still a bloody rip off.
White jumper…losing to a WAFL team…should never have happened.
No wonder Ranald McDonald appeared on the scene soon after…

(Log in to remove this ad.)

🤮 2 great wins after being belted by dogs and tiges.
We are doing ok but this still hurts.
If you include dropping the Cats game as well we would be top 4ish.

Thank your deity of choice that this loss has finally stopped getting worse …

A QF at the MCG v Geelong rather than a QF at the MCG v Melbourne.

Meh

Yep we still effectively get a home QF final and double chance.

Thank your deity of choice that this loss has finally stopped getting worse …

A QF at the MCG v Geelong rather than a QF at the MCG v Melbourne.

Meh

Like our Chances better against Melbourne then Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Back