Luke Beveridge - You're an Idiot

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You've got a funny way of choosing what to believe. Could it be that it fit your narrative so you just went for it without actually checking?
I don't have a narrative one way or the other as far as zaharakis is concerned. If he was chicken of needles, he lucked out. If he made a conscious decision not to partake in the program then my estimation of him goes up. My believing what an Essendon supporter said that the not liking needles was bunkum because he had tattoo(s) made me think he fell into the second category of actually making a conscious decision not to participate. Now if it turns out he doesn't have tattoos, it really has no bearing one way or the other. It's either good luck to him or good on him, I really don't care that much. If it hasn't actually hit you yet, I was actually standing up for him when I mentioned he had tattoos.

'
I don't have a narrative one way or the other as far as zaharakis is concerned. If he was chicken of needles, he lucked out. If he made a conscious decision not to partake in the program then my estimation of him goes up. My believing what an Essendon supporter said that the not liking needles was bunkum because he had tattoo(s) made me think he fell into the second category of actually making a conscious decision not to participate. Now if it turns out he doesn't have tattoos, it really has no bearing one way or the other. It's either good luck to him or good on him, I really don't care that much. If it hasn't actually hit you yet, I was actually standing up for him when I mentioned he had tattoos.

Can you point to the Essendon supporter that said that? Sure you are not confusing him with Reimers I didn't take anything but has tatts?

I've searched the HTB logs and there are no comments that I can find saying Zaka had tatts that a Bulldogs supporter from June 12 2014.

There are some talking about Reimers with tattoos from Essendon supporters in Feb 2013.

http://www.3aw.com.au/news/western-...ce-of-essendon-34-on-3aw-20160211-gmrwtr.html

The whole AFL is a boys club with a bubble mentality.

This quote for me sums up the ametuer mindset that still permeates through the AFL ranks.

"Anybody who steps out of line or is a boat rocker probably doesn't last that long," he said.

"The Essendon players have been treated like a European cycling team who should know better.

"Well, no, they shouldn't know better because they had no grounding to work from."

I cannot fathom this.

At the AFL induction camp, EVERY SINGLE PLAYER ATTENDS upon being drafted into the AFL system, they are given a thorough run down on the AFL playing rules, the WADA code and the responsibility of each and every player.

The players are told that they can be prosecuted with no positive tests, that the intent to gain competitive advantage is evidence enough to cop a doping infraction.

This statement, to me, proves that even still within the coaches ranks of the AFL the Anti-Doping message isn't getting through.

'good blokes'

Here, type it with me

"I was wrong"

no, Im saying what they did was wrong but cant be used to determine their intention unless we know all players declare everything. Maybe the same 34 suspended players failed to declare anything for every single ASADA test theyve had in every year.

again, not excusing what they did, only explaining why they may not have declared anything

So if the players were so confident that all the injections were fine, legal and did not breach the ASADA or WADA codes why didn't they declare what was going on?

Would have saved a lot of grief all round.

Why the secrecy?

Why intentionally hide the facts from ASADA?

Why intentionally refuse to answer a question? Intentionally lie?

Why intentionally breach their contract with the AFL?

Again I ask what has what others do got to do with their intent? How would they even know what other players do?

maybe so, but thats the way the industry is, and Im sure they are not alone in team sports

Just because that's how the culture is doesn't mean that it's right, in fact it's normally the exact opposite. The AFL got caught out trying to cover up what went on, but unfortunately for them WADA isn't emotionally attached to the league. It's now time for the culture to change.

Australia has a reputation of pointing the finger and accusing other countries and cultures of cheating and doping, we also have a reputation of playing the victim when we get caught.

no, Im saying what they did was wrong but cant be used to determine their intention unless we know all players declare everything. Maybe the same 34 suspended players failed to declare anything for every single ASADA test theyve had in every year.

again, not excusing what they did, only explaining why they may not have declared anything

You just don't get it and it sounds like a cop out.

"Hey, no-one else declares what they take and their intentions are (mostly) good, so when we take PEDS and don't declare them we can say that our intentions were good too".

I don't think so.

Chris Kaias doesn't like microwave meals
Chris Kaias has no tattoos.

r0z6lh.jpg

https://www.asada.gov.au/news/court-arbitration-sport-decision-essendon-players

On the sanctions, he said: “There were very little grounds for the players to claim they were at no significant fault.”

“The players had received anti-doping education through the AFL and ASADA, and were well aware that they are personally responsible for all substances that entered their body.”

“Unfortunately, despite their education, they agreed to be injected with a number of substances they had little knowledge of, made no enquiries about the substance and kept the injections from their team doctor and ASADA.”

“Of 30 ASADA testing missions during the period in question, none of the 18 players tested declared the injections, despite being asked each time whether they had taken any supplements.”

“At best, the players did not ask the questions, or the people, they should have. At worst, they were complicit in a culture of secrecy and concealment.”

So are you saying that the players were under no obligation to answer truthfully questions from a ASADA drug testing officer?

So you are happy for them to conceal the truth and lie about what drug regime they were involved with?

BTW did you also argue that they should have received a discount for no significant fault?

So the question must be - Why did ASADA in their sentencing submission to the AFL Anti-Doping Tribunal hearing ask that players receive a no fault discount ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok. What other team has had an off site injection program that was run by a guy that just walked into the club and wasn't at least initially overseen by the club doctor? We then look at that team's player's doping forms and see who told ASADA the substances they had in the last 7 days. Then we compare them with the EFC's forms.

That is the only way anyone can fairly compare the two situations. Otherwise you are comparing guys that received nothing by injection other than local by the club doctor with the EFC players. That is clearly not a fair comparison. The group with the local injections would not be expected to have anything to tell ASADA about what they had in the last 7 days. The EFC players however.....

Find me another case when athletes have lost a No Fault Discount because they didn't fill in the doping control forms - I've looked long and far and yet to find another case.

I don't know if Zaharakis has a tattoo or not. I have no tattoos and I'm not scared of needles.

I've said this elsewhere but Zaharakis told a sportsman's lunch at Marcellin on 20 July 2013 that his non participation in the program was not due to any needle phobia but he wasn't comfortable with the program. I was told this by someone that was there and confirmed it personally with Andy Maher who MC'd the lunch. I don't know whether the needle story came from his manager or the club.

Who cares - Good on Zaharakis for not joining the program - There is no rule that a person must tell everything to the media - Though i'd be wary of the HTB !

Who cares - Good on Zaharakis for not joining the program - There is no rule that a person must tell everything to the media - Though i'd be wary of the HTB !
It proves the others were in on the whole cheating thing:
Zaka knew better.

Oh look another Jenny white knight.

So noble.
Type it with me.
Drug cheating football club htb keyboard warrior guy known as dapper Jong got excited over a post that he felt gave him a big whoopdeedoo.
Get it DH?!.

Type it with me.
Drug cheating football club htb keyboard warrior guy known as dapper Jong got excited over a post that he felt gave him a big whoopdeedoo.
Get it DH?!.

I think you might be the excited one here matey. Just look at that, not even 8am and we are melting down.

I think you might be the excited one here matey. Just look at that, not even 8am and we are melting down.
No melt
Just watching the news havin brekky with the kidlets and laughing at your 'big win'!
Lol

No melt
Just watching the news havin brekky with the kidlets and laughing at your 'big win'!
Lol

When you say no melt it usually means it's a melt.

Sorry man.

When and if you decide to venture outside today,don't forget to fist pump your victory to everyone you meet.
You've had a good weekend.
Any victory is a victory,no matter how hollow,just like the 2012 Brownlow.
Now hi ho hi ho it's off to work I go.

When and if you decide to venture outside today,don't forget to fist pump your victory to everyone you meet.
You've had a good weekend.
Any victory is a victory,no matter how hollow,just like the 2012 Brownlow.
Now hi ho hi ho it's off to work I go.

How come you didn't quote me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back