Luke Hodge caught drink driving - $5000 fine, free to play.

Remove this Banner Ad

Never knew there were so many sanctimonious people on big footy... He has stated he believed he was under and was allowed to drink under club rules
So you're just going to accept the wisdom of a drunkard... oh dear... :oops:

Never knew there were so many sanctimonious people on big footy... He has stated he believed he was under and was allowed to drink under club rules
How many people have died because of that excuse?

Stupid thing to do and he would certainly have been sanctioned (missed games) earlier in the year.

If I'm being entirely honest, I can't hold it against Hawthorn. I sure as hell wouldn't want Franklin/McVeigh/Hannebury sitting out of a brutal QF in Perth for relatively low-range drink driving. Even if that makes me a s**t bloke...

I don't agree with drink driving but let's look at the incident objectively, it's really not that bad and he shouldn't have done it and he blew 0.068. Maybe he actually DID think he was okay to drive, that's not much over the legal limit. Typical over reaction.
The message is always that when in doubt you should get a cab or lift. This could send a message that taking risks like this are okay.

Hodge isn't sitting there doing blood tests to assess how intoxicated he is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wonder if the tassie government will pull their sponsorship ?

governenment sponsorship and drink driving don't usually go very well. I am sure there is an out clause somewhere .

Classy bloke .

MRP of Brad Sewell, Luke Ball and Mark Evans had a look at the BAC and found it was below a reportable offence

See I don't understand this line of thinking.

Hodge has been suspended for a total of 5 games for two incidents where the players didn't even need to leave the field.

Whereas there have been plenty of other incidents where a player has been concussed or injured and received lesser penalties.

I almost wish he actually did cause more damage in those incidents so it would match the crying from everyone.

Even the reaction over this minor off-field indiscretion has been way over the top.

He blew 0.68

I would love to bash Hodgey as much as anyone but that is as bad as someone getting done for a speeding fine.
Mid range drink driving 10 points and $450 fine.
Just how fast do you drive?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back