Luke Hodge caught drink driving - $5000 fine, free to play.

Remove this Banner Ad

Didn't lose his license? Thank god, that's what everyone was worried about.
Lol, I enjoy reading people overreacting on the internet, i wonder how many facebook campaigns have been made to get him off our roads.

I wonder if people react the same way in public as they do online.

Lol, I enjoy reading people overreacting on the internet, i wonder how many facebook campaigns have been made to get him off our roads.

Yet to see anyone applaud DUI in public as you are doing online.

Last edited:

The message is always that when in doubt you should get a cab or lift. This could send a message that taking risks like this are okay.

Hodge isn't sitting there doing blood tests to assess how intoxicated he is.

Yeah you're right, he probably should have caught a cab, but he just made a poor judgement. He cops a fine and lost 10 demerit points. Let's not blow it out of proportion like he was hammered swerving side to side running people over. LOL.

Nah, making a facebook campaign would be overreacting. Saying he's a dickhead for drink driving on bigfooty is not.

According to some stats from the ABS about 500 people per 100,000 get busted drink driving (odds are many in this thread have been busted DUI)

1.199E!OpenElement&FieldElemFormat=gif

I'd say that conservatively you could times that number by 5 to get how many people drink drive above the limit.
Much like going 5k's over the limit is made out to be a boogie man and you'll kill everyone, I don't see complete carnage on our roads for drink driving either.
The reaction doesn't appear to be proportionate to the offence.

Of course no one should drink and drive, but remember that many, many places have 0.08% as the legal limit -which Hodge is under.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

See I don't understand this line of thinking.

Hodge has been suspended for a total of 5 games for two incidents where the players didn't even need to leave the field.

Whereas there have been plenty of other incidents where a player has been concussed or injured and received lesser penalties.

I almost wish he actually did cause more damage in those incidents so it would match the crying from everyone.

Even the reaction over this minor off-field indiscretion has been way over the top.
Evens things up for Mitchell putting the oppositions best player out of the game a couple of times and getting nothing for it.

According to some stats from the ABS about 200 people per 100,000 get busted drink driving

1.199E!OpenElement&FieldElemFormat=gif

I'd say that conservatively you could times that number by 5 to get how many people drink drive above the limit.
Much like going 5k's over the limit is made out to be a boogie man and you'll kill everyone, I don't see complete carnage on our roads for drink driving either.
The reaction doesn't appear to be proportionate to the offence.

Of course no one should drink and drive, but remember that many, many places have 0.08% as the legal limit -which Hodge is under.

Yeah but it's 0.05 in this country.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back