Luke Hodge - The Chosen One (Stories about our Champ)

Remove this Banner Ad

Not Hodge related but a funny/similar story

Had a business transaction once with Andrew Newbold right after he was appointed. Obviously didn't recognize him & had no idea who he was.

So i'm sitting down with him then all of a sudden Sam Mitchell is walking past outside, see's him, and comes in for a quick chat. When Mitchell leaves I ask him if he supports Hawthorn (lol) and he says he does. His daughter is smirking but I havent realized it yet. I am talking for 5 minutes about how I am a "die hard" and we are talking about premierships ect. I then ask what he does for a living and he informs me that he is the new president. Colleagues start laughing.
Funny thing is he probably tells that story to people he meets and gets as much of a kick out of it as you.

I recall being down in the race round 1 2012 against the pies (lucky to get a room pass from a family friend).
Hodgey wasn't playing but was with my old man, Hodgey came and stood behind us as the boys came down the race everyone being pretty stoked with the win. Had the time for both of us and treated us both as if he'd known us a lifetime. It's very easy to get starstruck with AFL guys but Hodgey genuinely erased that and I'll never forget it

Not Hodge related but a funny/similar story

Had a business transaction once with Andrew Newbold right after he was appointed. Obviously didn't recognize him & had no idea who he was.

So i'm sitting down with him then all of a sudden Sam Mitchell is walking past outside, see's him, and comes in for a quick chat. When Mitchell leaves I ask him if he supports Hawthorn (lol) and he says he does. His daughter is smirking but I havent realized it yet. I am talking for 5 minutes about how I am a "die hard" and we are talking about premierships ect. I then ask what he does for a living and he informs me that he is the new president. Colleagues start laughing.

How embarrassment!:oops:

Met him at long last at the family day this year, he was lovely went out of his way to chat & sign multiple things for me. Hodgey, Duryea & Lake seemed the most genuine of all that I met. Crawf is still slightly ahead on the all time list, because even though I find his on air persona annoying these days, he went out of his way to lift my wheelchair into the old training rooms at glenferri so I could look around. He grabbed a few of the boys & in I went. Nothing patronizing or over the top as some can be.

We struck gold with Hodgey

He's an absolute gun bloke. Will always look u in the eye and speak to u as if ur the only one in the room.

Have never heard of him brushing anyone off.

He's an absolute gun bloke. Will always look u in the eye and speak to u as if ur the only one in the room.

Like this?

christian-bale-american-psycho-gif-i3.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Next on the list is

Mathews on 112
Crawford on 121
Scott on 124
Tuck. on 140
Arthur. on. 147

I wonder if he will top the list one day or he will pass it on to someone else I hope he passes Arthur.
That list gives some new perspectives on our greats. I just assumed Tuck would be well out in front, but bloody hell, Graham Arthur had a good trot.

Made Sheahans team of the decade from 2000-2010, only other Hawthorn player to make it is Crawford on the bench.

• B: C. Johnson (Fitz/BL), M. Scarlett (Geel), D. Fletcher (Ess)
  • HB: L. Hodge (Haw), J. Leppitsch (BL), N. Lappin (BL)
  • C: N. Buckley (BB/Coll), M. Voss (BL), S. Black (BL)
  • HF: N. Riewoldt (StK), J. Brown (BL), B. Harvey (NM)
  • F: J. Akermanis (BL/WB), M. Lloyd (Ess), B. Johnson (WB)
  • Foll: D. Cox (WC), C. Judd (WC/Carl), G. Ablett jnr (Geel/GC)
Int: M. Pavlich (Fre), M. Ricciuto (Adel), S. Crawford (Haw), W. Tredrea (PA)

Made Sheahans team of the decade from 2000-2010, only other Hawthorn player to make it is Crawford on the bench.

• B: C. Johnson (Fitz/BL), M. Scarlett (Geel), D. Fletcher (Ess)
  • HB: L. Hodge (Haw), J. Leppitsch (BL), N. Lappin (BL)
  • C: N. Buckley (BB/Coll), M. Voss (BL), S. Black (BL)
  • HF: N. Riewoldt (StK), J. Brown (BL), B. Harvey (NM)
  • F: J. Akermanis (BL/WB), M. Lloyd (Ess), B. Johnson (WB)
  • Foll: D. Cox (WC), C. Judd (WC/Carl), G. Ablett jnr (Geel/GC)
Int: M. Pavlich (Fre), M. Ricciuto (Adel), S. Crawford (Haw), W. Tredrea (PA)

Luke McCabe very unlucky!

just before the 2013 Grand Final I was walking back to the ground after getting a coffee up the street. In a quiet suburban street a vehicle driven by Mitch slowly drove past me . I gave a quick wave . Seconds later I noticed a wagon with its tailgate down in a driveway. There was Hodgey and family getting organised before the game . He saw me walking past and glancing (ok gawking) his way. To my surprise even though he was very occupied he said a quick "how are you mate?" I said a quick Yeah good and kept walking because I didnt want to be a pain I had great joy in telling my friends having a BBQ in the gardens that Hodgey just called me mate . In my small mind I thought he had put special emphasis on the word MATE

Did I hear right that Hodgey is gonna be a father again? Is it too selfish to hope for yet another boy?
It's not selfish to wish good things for the club you love

Did I hear right that Hodgey is gonna be a father again? Is it too selfish to hope for yet another boy?
Even if he had a girl she'd probably play footy harder and tougher than most in the AFL right now.

Next on the list is

Mathews on 112
Crawford on 121
Scott on 124
Tuck. on 140
Arthur. on. 147

I wonder if he will top the list one day or he will pass it on to someone else I hope he passes Arthur.
Likely to finish at least 3rd. If he plays on in 2017 he'll have a good chance. I don't see him passing on the captaincy before he retires.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back