Injury Luke Parker Freak Out - Fractured Fibula

Remove this Banner Ad

Terrible news.
Wish him all the very best for a speedy recovery and hope the scans are better than expected.

I'm acting emo around the house and my mate looked at me and asked, 'Either you have month long PMS or Luke got injured.'

I'm so predictable.

I was at the game and some filthy bit of Collingwood scum sitting behind me said "he's injured, good" when Parker went down and then the same when Heeney starting limping a little later. I've never been so close to thumping an old person before but luckily I had a client with me so had to behave myself.

I was at the game and some filthy bit of Collingwood scum sitting behind me said "he's injured, good" when Parker went down and then the same when Heeney starting limping a little later. I've never been so close to thumping an old person before but luckily I had a client with me so had to behave myself.

They're supporters are a bunch of rude pricks. Glad we beat them.

Should've thanked him for Pendlebury's contribution to our win

Almost BOG for us

just watched the replay. Awful injury and I feel very bad for my namesake.

What was most gauling was the f*cking idiot umpire calling holding the ball. Adams is tackling Parker before he even takes possession. I am so sick of the dreadful standard of umpiring that almost ruins this great game.

I know from personal experience leg and ankle brakes do depend on severity but being conservative 4 months is my best guide from the vision. Doubt it could be be worse.

Hopefully he has a speedy recovery.

I broke my ankle snowboarding which required orthopaedic surgery,plate and screws.I couldn't put pressure on leg for 4 weeks,then started walking with a fair degree of discomfort.I was back surfing 10 weeks after surgery,admittedly I didn't have any ligament damage.

terrible news for a fantastic player.
he will be back better than ever
& you never know this year, lots of teams overcome injuries.
all the best for the rest of the season, except against u of course
& no more injuries of course

Its much better news than expected.

He's got a fractured fibula, which is the smaller bone in the lower leg, so he's having another scan today just to check out his ankle ligament damage – things like syndesmosis and what not," coach John Longmire told ABC Grandstand on Saturday.

"So we're not quite sure what that result will come until later on today.

"But the initial diagnosis is a fractured fibula so that's probably, if he has an operation, a four-week best-case scenario if there's no other damage. We don't know if there's any other damage."

He's got a fractured fibula, which is the smaller bone in the lower leg, so he's having another scan today just to check out his ankle ligament damage – things like syndesmosis and what not," coach John Longmire told ABC Grandstand on Saturday.

"But the initial diagnosis is a fractured fibula so that's probably, if he has an operation, a four-week best-case scenario if there's no other damage. We don't know if there's any other damage."

Awesome news. :)

Well that's certainly much better than expected, how he came away with only a fracture I'll never know. Must be all the Milk he drank as a kid

(Log in to remove this ad.)

YES THIS IS THE GREATEST EVER.

I HAD FAITH IN YOU LUKEY XX

As per game review thread post, just gutted for Luke but huge respect for his reactions from the head shot and broken leg.

Get well soon!

And isn't Nathan Brown another one of Vonn's fantasy players?

As per game review thread post, just gutted for Luke but huge respect for his reactions from the head shot and broken leg.

Get well soon!

And isn't Nathan Brown another one of Vonn's fantasy players?

Worst ever night for me. Brownie takes out Luke, in a bid to fight for my love. Then Luke goes and fractures his ankle to get sympathy points. It's been a tough few hours.

Worst ever night for me. Brownie takes out Luke, in a bid to fight for my love. Then Luke goes and fractures his ankle to get sympathy points. It's been a tough few hours.

Could you convince Brownie to move to Sydney?

Should be back 1st week of finals then!

Our Luke is one tough mudder!

if it's just the break, that's as good as could be expected.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back