Scandal Lyon and Brownless

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did hear that gaz hooked up Nicky with one of his mates which bill is pissed off about.even though they were separated at the time you don't hook up your mates ex with one of your mates.
That sounds plausible... nothing has been mentioned about Gaz and his wife being in trouble has it? So that leads me to think Gaz wasn't the one slipping her the hairy sausage

Yeah I've worked at a NBL club and it's all the same. Little to no loyalty anywhere.

I'll be happy if they punt that cork head Lyon off the footyshow. Will make it an 100 times better show

Will say this Nicky Buckley and her husband Murray were ******* champions and the most normal people there.

Can vouch for that. Was at a friends party a few years ago and Nicky Buckley and Muzza were there and couldn't meet nicer or more down to earth people.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'd say it's about 99%

That's certainly the inference that I drew from the article. 'Deeply personal' = woman. 'Brownless is devastated' = Brownless was wronged. I suppose there is a tiny possibility that it's money, but if it was, it would probably be called 'a business dealing'.

So yeah, don't know if it's Billy's wife (though that's also the most likely), but all signs point to it being someone close to Billy.

Lyon and Brownless underpin Channel Nine’s flagship sports show, with their blokey humour and close relationship a winner with viewers.

Lyon’s camaraderie with Sam Newman is also a reason why the show has been a TV phenomenon.

Lol, yeah the Footy Show only took off when they finally combined Lyon and Sam Newman. Switch Lyon with any number of half decent media performer/ex-players and Channel Nine would not see any difference in the ratings. We've seen pretty conclusively over the years that Sam is the only thing that matters for that show, when it comes to ratings.

Knowing a few people around the AFL/media community, nothing surprises although what I find bemusing is that the next day many of these people like to front a camera and in a self-righteous manner have a crack at any one who acts in an inappropriate manner.

That's the part that gets me. It's like if I was one of the most outspoken anti-drug athletes going around, but I was doping like it was going out of fashion, I'd probably be a bit worried that I'd get caught out 10 years after I retired, when the testing methods improved.

Same thing with celebrities: when I was a bit younger, I remembered hearing stories about this ex-player/that ex-player up on their high horse about Ben Cousins or Laurence Angwin and then I'd figure that all the stories that I'd heard about said ex-player being off their head on drugs nearly constantly when off camera mustn't be true. Surely people just aren't that blatantly hypocritical, especially when there's countless strangers witnessing what they're doing in plain view (i.e. nightclubs and parties)? I was pretty naive.

But that's the thing to remember with media people: they just have to look good on camera (and some of them don't even need that), they don't need to be supreme athletes and so they can get up to a hell of a lot more mischief than athletes, as long as they've got no concern about being hypocrites.

Did hear that gaz hooked up Nicky with one of his mates which bill is pissed off about.even though they were separated at the time you don't hook up your mates ex with one of your mates.

Brownless will never (and should never) work with Lyon again.

Their friendship is over if he did this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Knowing a few people around the AFL/media community, nothing surprises although what I find bemusing is that the next day many of these people like to front a camera and in a self-righteous manner have a crack at any one who acts in an inappropriate manner.
The ample cocaine use in the media may be a reason why they have been so soft on essendon players drug cheating.

The ample cocaine use in the media may be a reason why they have been so soft on essendon players drug cheating.

Performance enhancing drugs are so different from recreational drugs I don't know where to start. Plus they're only journos not professional athletes. Plus etc etc

Looking forward to the Woman's Day spread.
Wait.....what.... Billy slept with Bec Hewett whilst Gary had a crack at Ley Ley :drunk:

Can someone who actually knows anything (so nobody already in this thread) and is not a ******** (so about 2% of BF posers) please PM me what happened.

I'll bet you they don't. Even though this is the rumours board they won't. They'll just mention they've been to parties and nightclubs with celebrities and footballers and "the stuff I've seen, wow..." and then not elaborate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back