Opinion Mark Blicavs

Remove this Banner Ad

Where did you get this from?
He's running 2k just under 6min currently. Still fast. But not bannister fast.

He ripped a 3:43.8 at the Nationals or a Grand Prix meet just before failing to qualify for the 3k Steeple. Pre footy obviously. Also 8'18".9 3km flat.
Thanks for the stats Catempire. :thumbsu:
Running sub 6 for 2 km is still darn fast especially for a footballer which is what he wants to be and is. I think 10min 3k is the benchmark for absolute elite at draft camp. He'd probably run around 9min atm, that's just a hunch.
I'd like to know what he's got in him right now, it would be interesting. I think his times would drop off over footy season.

I think he's referring to is the personal aspect of his dedication to transform himself as a footballer. No doubts he also brings a standard that's off the charts in the realm of endurance running, the club is the better for his talent which raises the bar for the others.
A 3:44 1500mts isn't guff .... cold hard fact! You wouldn't know squat when it comes to running by the sounds.

And you wouldn't know squat about playing soccer in a World Cup. What the feck has that got to do with the discussion?

He ripped a 3:43.8 at the Nationals or a Grand Prix meet just before failing to qualify for the 3k Steeple. Pre footy obviously. Also 8'18".9 3km flat.
Thanks for the stats Catempire. :thumbsu:
Running sub 6 for 2 km is still darn fast especially for a footballer which is what he wants to be and is. I think 10min 3k is the benchmark for absolute elite at draft camp. He'd probably run around 9min atm, that's just a hunch.
I'd like to know what he's got in him right now, it would be interesting. I think his times would drop off over footy season.

Feck me , that's insane - from his preseason form I reckon 9 flat is achievale even being say 20kgs heavier than his athletics days
All we have to do is double the size of the Oval and let him loose !!:D

Love that passage at about 35 seconds Bobby_ and then at about 2:00 when he contests the ruck and then all of a sudden is inside defensive 50 contesting again!

agree catempire, does a lot of that stuff and usually doesn't get hands on the ball but he certainly gets to all the right places. He's almost nonchalant in the way he goes about it. Seems like he can push himself so much harder and get involved a lot more than what he is but I guess that's all part of his development as a player.

agree catempire, does a lot of that stuff and usually doesn't get hands on the ball but he certainly gets to all the right places. He's almost nonchalant in the way he goes about it. Seems like he can push himself so much harder and get involved a lot more than what he is but I guess that's all part of his development as a player.

I'd say it's more composure than nonchalance.

He has already acquired an impressive level of poise that belies his experience; I'm genuinely excited in what he will bring in the coming years.

Oh, BTW... is there a story behind that avatar... it's quietly unnerving.

Great work, Bobby_ - and might I congratulate you for lasting more than a few hours on the board this time? :D

I loved Blic's work last week- he got involved very early, with the tap to rush the first behind within the first minute of the game, then that mark where he tapped the ball down to himself straight afterward. I think those early touches gave him a bit of confidence and he just kept improving from there on in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow Nic Nat has Blitz covered but really given his reputation and cost he is not that far ahead. Both will probably get better - but for the money and the ability to get on the park each week Blitz seems a good deal to me.
What do you mean 'will probably get better'? Natanui is 24 now with 100 games behind him and he's been on the Eagles list for 5 years. Some footballers go though their whole careers developing it seems. Same goes for Daniel Wells and other high draft picks. Natanui was better last year than he is this year.

What do you mean 'will probably get better'? Natanui is 24 now with 100 games behind him and he's been on the Eagles list for 5 years. Some footballers go though their whole careers developing it seems. Same goes for Daniel Wells and other high draft picks. Natanui was better last year than he is this year.
Rod Blake (Marks dad) was a spud until he turned 27 and then he nearly won the Brownlow. So you never know.

It was said this week Nicknat might be running around in the WAFL or given a week off, that's how well he's going. If Blitz hits 20 possessions regularly he'll be way out in front.

Love that passage at about 35 seconds Bobby_ and then at about 2:00 when he contests the ruck and then all of a sudden is inside defensive 50 contesting again!

yeah that's an eye-opener.
someone on this board recently made the point that one of the main benefits of superior fitness - apart from physically 'blowing up' your opponents - is the simple ability to be able to think clearly while other, more tired opponents are making rushed decisions due to their heavy legs and heaving lungs.
The fact that he covered that distance so quickly and so late in the game is impressive enough for a guy of his size - but he had the presence of mind to be in exactly the right spot - front n' centre - to rove the spoiled contest.

that was a really good video, as always, too Bobby_ :thumbsu:

Suprised in my 2 week holiday that nobody was proclaiming victory that Blitz was finally dropped.

Which is a shame. Because we looked infinitely worse last night without his ground coverage.

I agree entirely. You don't notice how important he is to our structure until he's not there.

Yeah Blitz was managed and will be very fresh after the bye to come straight back in. We are a BETTER TEAM with one of HMac and Simpson working with Blitz.

Add in Bundy and Blitz to the team and we have lot more run and that is part of modern footy. You cannot be out run. Plus Bundy adds class.

Judging by the result, I'd be getting the "big boy" back out there quick "friggen" smart! ....or bye, bye 14'.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back