Mark Latham panel show

Remove this Banner Ad

Kynge of Begrem

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 13, 2011
on bail at the time
AFL Club
Collingwood
So, everyone's favourite arm-breaking, former Prime Ministerial aspirant has a tv show on channel 9.

How long will it last? I give it 4 episodes.

Oh yeah, and lol at the 'Strayan
CNx3v2lUkAA5Y5f.jpg

He offers a different viewpoint, I don't mind the idea. TV gets boring when everyone just sits there agreeing with each other. At least Latham will shake it up a bit, its better for debate. So long as he doesn't swear and run people down, I don't see problem with it.

He offers a different viewpoint, I don't mind the idea. TV gets boring when everyone just sits there agreeing with each other. At least Latham will shake it up a bit, its better for debate. So long as he doesn't swear and run people down, I don't see problem with it.
Amanda doesn't mind voicing her opinion either.
Karl will have fun moderating, I will give it a go.

I see you are not familiar with Mark Latham...

Nah, I am, that is why I added that. I actually didn't mind some of his articles. He adds a different perspective - and a necessary one IMO. But I think his writings come from a bad place, he tends to have a lot of hate in his heart - which isn't good. But if you put that aside and focus on the content, I thought he raised some valid arguments in some of his articles - especially those on domestic violence. Latham highlighted that domestic violence is also a socioeconomic issue, and I think that discussion needs to be had. Regardless of what I think of Latham, I also think the discussion of domestic violence has been hijacked and made into a gendered issue, and that anyone who talks otherwise - gets ridiculed. Complex issues need alternative perspectives, it creates for a healthy debate, I don't just want to flick on channel 9 all the time and get told that I am an animal for just being a bloke.

I see you are not familiar with Mark Latham...

opposed to that stellar social commentator, Andrew Bolt. Latham, at the very least, has served the country and has some idea of what it is he'll be commenting on, Bolt on the other hand is an opinionated nobody.

Nah, I am, that is why I added that. I actually didn't mind some of his articles. He adds a different perspective - and a necessary one IMO. But I think his writings come from a bad place, he tends to have a lot of hate in his heart - which isn't good. But if you put that aside and focus on the content, I thought he raised some valid arguments in some of his articles - especially those on domestic violence. Latham highlighted that domestic violence is also a socioeconomic issue, and I think that discussion needs to be had. Regardless of what I think of Latham, I also think the discussion of domestic violence has been hijacked and made into a gendered issue, and that anyone who talks otherwise - gets ridiculed. Complex issues need alternative perspectives, it creates for a healthy debate, I don't just want to flick on channel 9 all the time and get told that I am an animal for just being a bloke.
Some of his articles do raise valid points, however, I question the wisdom of having him (presumably) live and unedited on TV. The train wreck that was his appearance at the MWF is illustrative.

opposed to that stellar social commentator, Andrew Bolt. Latham, at the very least, has served the country and has some idea of what it is he'll be commenting on, Bolt on the other hand is an opinionated nobody.
To be fair Bolt does know a fair bit about opera, being a former opera critic and all.

I guess that's how he knows all about what real 'strayans think about things and why he has such disdain for 'elites'.

The fact he gets airtime is criminal. His own show? Ill take the latham way and just call everyone ******* campaigners then say "oh but im from western sydney its ok we all talk like that you utensil"
yeah, he is sooo Western Sydney, what with the high flying lawyer wife and the massive parliamentary pension :drunk: I am so sick of him going on about it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Put Latham on at the same time Bolt's show is replayed. Just for the lulz of course.
A clever broadcaster would have Latham and Bolt on the same show, a pile of weapons in the middle and a trauma team in the corner.
The country could only benefit.

Last edited:
Latham is a flawed character but he is needed in some form in the media to provide a voice for this issue as he seems like the only one who has the cojones to speak up about it. Child abuse is another issue I hope he tackles at some stage as well.

Have any of you been in the same room as Mark Latham?

I have, and he's a ****ing nutter.

Tony Abbott's been known to punch holes in walls...politics in this country is a disgrace as are most of our politicians...We need someone like Latham to start telling it how it really is.

I've lost a lot of respect for Latham with his pissing and moaning about feminism and then the Twitter abuse revelations. Someone with "Opposition Leader of Australia" on their resume could be doing a lot better than borderline men's rights activism.

It'll probably end up like Channel 9's Mick Molloy show, start with drunken randomness and end with the last show being stopped half way through. Looking forward to it.

I remember that turd. Nine must have told Molloy "We want The Daily Show but you can't hire comedians and have to use these hack personalities we already have on the payroll. Oh and all the jokes have to be dumb so bogans can watch. First episode 2 hours as well."

Remove this Banner Ad

Back