Media alert

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
About 30 seconds on us tonight "On the Couch". Healy compared Leppa's frustration to Buckley's in that we have pushed 3 good teams in the last 3 weeks without a win. Reiterated by Brown who said how happy the club are to have the Big Sauce back. They replayed his hit in the first minute of the game on the weekend. Healy pumped up Zorko and said that as the team gets better he thinks Zorko will start to bust open games. Dunstall said "I thought they were good."

About 30 seconds on us tonight "On the Couch". Healy compared Leppa's frustration to Buckley's in that we have pushed 3 good teams in the last 3 weeks without a win. Reiterated by Brown who said how happy the club are to have the Big Sauce back. They replayed his hit in the first minute of the game on the weekend. Healy pumped up Zorko and said that as the team gets better he thinks Zorko will start to bust open games. Dunstall said "I thought they were good."

We're kind of inbetween atm on the foxfooty shows. Not good enough to get a 'lets analyse Bris' segment and not poor enough to get a 'Bris are a rabble' segment.

Love this part..

BRISBANE travelled to China for an exhibition game against Melbourne in October, 2010. Despite Michael Voss’s request not to turn the trip into a “massive piss-drinking affair”, a group of players led by Brown and veteran Simon Black had a seven-hour banquet lunch and continued on into the night. After arriving home at 5.30am they had to be at training at 6am. Some players didn’t make it and Voss read them the riot act. “Tell us about the long lunch,” he asked Black. “Blacky was supposed to say that he regretted it,” Brown writes. “But I think was still under the weather. ‘It was a f***ing great day,’ he said. I struggled to hold in my laughter.”

Love this part..

BRISBANE travelled to China for an exhibition game against Melbourne in October, 2010. Despite Michael Voss’s request not to turn the trip into a “massive piss-drinking affair”, a group of players led by Brown and veteran Simon Black had a seven-hour banquet lunch and continued on into the night. After arriving home at 5.30am they had to be at training at 6am. Some players didn’t make it and Voss read them the riot act. “Tell us about the long lunch,” he asked Black. “Blacky was supposed to say that he regretted it,” Brown writes. “But I think was still under the weather. ‘It was a f***ing great day,’ he said. I struggled to hold in my laughter.”

I had a ridiculous smile on my face when reading that article:p

...is going to be a "must have" book me thinks!

Love this part..

That was the only bit that I didn't.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How many times do you get a chance to get on the piss in China...And Browny was always going to have a crack at it. Black surprised me though.

What hope did Voss have if his 2 most experienced players basically give him the bird?

We're kind of inbetween atm on the foxfooty shows. Not good enough to get a 'lets analyse Bris' segment and not poor enough to get a 'Bris are a rabble' segment.

I reckon we've got 30 seconds coverage all week each of the last few weeks. Even on League Teams last week they spent about 10 seconds on the entire game.

I reckon we've got 30 seconds coverage all week each of the last few weeks. Even on League Teams last week they spent about 10 seconds on the entire game.

It's like this kids:

First they think you are a rabble.

Then they ignore you. <----------- WE ARE HERE.

Then they notice you.

Then they consider you.

Then they talk about you.

Then they rave about you.

Then they love you.

Then you win.

(And then they hate you.)

It was in October. Surely the players can do what they want for their extremely limited off season break.
Not really. Vossy obliviously made some pretty strict team rules that players are not to go out drinking. Therefore no one should even consider drinking, particularly leaders like Brown and Black. If I was Vossy I think I would've broken a wall, simply unacceptable behaviour.

Not really. Vossy obliviously made some pretty strict team rules that players are not to go out drinking. Therefore no one should even consider drinking, particularly leaders like Brown and Black. If I was Vossy I think I would've broken a wall, simply unacceptable behaviour.
It's the off-season though. If it happened anywhere near the start of pre-season training I would agree. If a player wants to drink at a time that is nowhere near the start of training or matches then they should be able to. I'd be willing to wager the article misrepresents how badly Vossy wanted or expected them to stay sober anyway considering they were in another country for an exhibition match. Same thing happens with International rules all the time.

It's the off-season though. If it happened anywhere near the start of pre-season training I would agree. If a player wants to drink at a time that is nowhere near the start of training or matches then they should be able to. I'd be willing to wager the article misrepresents how badly Vossy wanted or expected them to stay sober anyway considering they were in another country for an exhibition match. Same thing happens with International rules all the time.
I suspect the situation was somewhere in between these 2 scenarios. It's not really "off season" when they are paid to work and represent not just the club, but AFL as a whole. They weren't on holidays as such.
That said, this
Vossy obliviously made some pretty strict team rules that players are not to go out drinking
is a bit different to;
Michael Voss’s request not to turn the trip into a “massive piss-drinking affair”,
A day out isn't turning the trip into a “massive piss-drinking affair”.

Not sure that one anecdote about a single event on a junket is evidence of a systemic culture of ill-discipline and lack of respect.
It is mildly disappointing, not exactly the smoking gun of 5 years of failure.

I suspect the situation was somewhere in between these 2 scenarios. It's not really "off season" when they are paid to work and represent not just the club, but AFL as a whole. They weren't on holidays as such.
That said, this

is a bit different to;

A day out isn't turning the trip into a “massive piss-drinking affair”.

Not sure that one anecdote about a single event on a junket is evidence of a systemic culture of ill-discipline and lack of respect.
It is mildly disappointing, not exactly the smoking gun of 5 years of failure.
They actually were on holidays, this is the same reason players don't take the International Rules series anything close to serious - it is in a period of the year where most players are actually on their end of season trips. Same thing happened a few years back when Max Gawn allegedly vomited on Tom Scully whilst they were in China (might have actually been when they played against us).

Anyway I don't think we can really know what happened without being there so I will leave it at that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back