Prediction Melbourne AA Predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 14, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
LA Lakers,Chelsea F.C.
Thanks Striker475, you have gave me the idea for this Thread.

At this Stage of the Season, who is a lock for that prestigious All Australian?
If the AA awards were done as we speak who is in now, and who will be in at years end?

Current : Oliver, Hunt, #ChurchOfNev
#ChurchofNev doesn't get much noise outside the clubs 4 walls, but thats probably my favorite part about how he gets the job done, week in week out. #NEV'er says a word :)

End of Season:Oliver
I think Clarry can maintain his numbers and pump it out every week. The kids an inside machine
Petracca
Jeffy

Perhaps a competition could ensue at the years end between us like with the weekly Goal Comp we run.
Closets predictions win

Last edited:
Oliver in the 40 but not the 22.
Garlett in the 40 not the 22.

That's it
Hunt has been average since his concussion so that's 3 slow games in a row. Docherty and Yeo been far better

Petracca no chance.

Hibberd would be in if it started in round 5

That's it
Hunt has been average since his concussion so that's 3 slow games in a row. Docherty and Yeo been far better

Petracca no chance.

So how do they do this thing anyway? Are they awarding votes after every round, then selecting players across every line based on that? Or is it just subjective? If it isn't based on votes, it wouldn't matter too much if you missed the first 5 rounds provided you played out the season and dominated. But if it's votes related, you wouldn't catch up.

So how do they do this thing anyway? Are they awarding votes after every round, then selecting players across every line based on that? Or is it just subjective? If it isn't based on votes, it wouldn't matter too much if you missed the first 5 rounds provided you played out the season and dominated. But if it's votes related, you wouldn't catch up.

I'm pretty sure they just draw up a shortlist at the end of the year then pick their favorites. There isn't any votes or anything because I know ablett was AA playing 12 games one year.

If Hibberd keeps up his form to the end of the year I reckon he would be a chance

I'm pretty sure they just draw up a shortlist at the end of the year then pick their favorites. There isn't any votes or anything because I know ablett was AA playing 12 games one year.

If Hibberd keeps up his form to the end of the year I reckon he would be a chance
In that case, the only thing Melbourne players have going against them is being Melbourne players. With the exception of Gawn, because he's too big to ignore, I think our players are largely invisible to the selectors. They stopped looking after all our shitfull years.

Last edited:
I think it was The West Australian newspaper that is doing a state of origin thing at the moment. They didn't even have Neville Jetta in their squad but included a potential 1st round pick playing in the WAFL. If the AA team actually had to play a game against decent opposition he would be in my team

That's it

Petracca no chance.

Accurate.

My only addition is that Jones could be a sneaky chance for the 40. Lots of competition for midfield places but is having a bloody consistent year and doing the most important thing - having big, game winning quarters.

Still think he would only be a 15%-20% chance...but it's possible.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Too hard to predict at the halfway point of a season with so much football still to play out. But if players keep current form, then surely Garlett gets in AA with Hibberd and Oliver on the fringe (definitely in 40 man squad). Hibberd has been incredible since coming into the side tbh, so if he keeps that form up, it would be too hard to ignore him. Nathan Jones would be around the 40 man squad also. Too hard to predict from here, but we'd have to make the finals for a player or two to make it I reckon. Garlett is up against Betts, and I just can't see Oliver finding another gear to keep out the regular AA midfield love childs of the selection panel. So I reckon Garlett is our only legit chance..

Too hard to predict at the halfway point of a season with so much football still to play out. But if players keep current form, then surely Garlett gets in AA with Hibberd and Oliver on the fringe (definitely in 40 man squad). Hibberd has been incredible since coming into the side tbh, so if he keeps that form up, it would be too hard to ignore him. Nathan Jones would be around the 40 man squad also. Too hard to predict from here, but we'd have to make the finals for a player or two to make it I reckon. Garlett is up against Betts, and I just can't see Oliver finding another gear to keep out the regular AA midfield love childs of the selection panel. So I reckon Garlett is our only legit chance..

Actually depends if we make finals. If we scrape the 8 then Jones Hibberd Oliver and Garlett probably all make the 40. If not then maybe none.

Robbo has included Garlett in his 18 and Oliver on the bench......we are starting to get a bit more attention.

If hibbered keeps going they way he is he could take over someone else in the starting 18.

Would have to really set it on fire for that to happen IMO.
Next year more likely
Yeah would need to average 2-3 goals per game while keeping up his midfield output. Unlikely but his impact on games is huge now nonetheless

If Petracca goes to the next level in the back half of the season he's a chance to make the squad or so.
Zero chance. Let's not over rate our players. Petracca is going ok, but he's nowhere near squad of 40. Garlett, Hibberd and Oliver are our only chances, and even then, they'd all have to find another level to get in the AA side.

Petracca is still a year or two away from being a good shot at making the AA squad I reckon, whether that is the final squad or the extended one. I expect him to develop himself into a match winner or big game player in the next couple of years, so hopefully when he can do that, him making the AA squad will come as well.

Zero chance. Let's not over rate our players. Petracca is going ok, but he's nowhere near squad of 40. Garlett, Hibberd and Oliver are our only chances, and even then, they'd all have to find another level to get in the AA side.
until last round he was in the AFL player ratings best 22 for the year

Remove this Banner Ad

Back