Mega Thread Melbourne Cup Day 2015 * All betting discussion *

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't catch race 2. Notice Bondeiger placed. Decent run or not?

Ran on well from the back - but no way that form is classy enough for a Melbourne Cup

Around 5 weeks out from the big race.
Who does everyone have as their top 3 fancies at the moment?
For me:

Mongolian Khan
Max Dynamite
Snow Sky

Think the market looks pretty accurate at this stage:

Hokko Brave
Fame Game
Order of St George

Can't find anything at odds that I won't to spec either - maybe Foundry? Although scratched yesterday.

Loving the Mongolian Khan hype after yesterday - check out the record of AJC Derby winners in the race - awful. Should hopefully generate a price for some of the internationals.

Think the market looks pretty accurate at this stage:

Hokko Brave
Fame Game
Order of St George

Can't find anything at odds that I won't to spec either - maybe Foundry? Although scratched yesterday.

Loving the Mongolian Khan hype after yesterday - check out the record of AJC Derby winners in the race - awful. Should hopefully generate a price for some of the internationals.
How do you see Bondi Beach iluvparis ?

How do you see Bondi Beach iluvparis ?

I'm sure he has a decent chance like any international. He beat Order of St George in June - but to me, it looks like Order of St George has improved panels past him since then (and has been backed accordingly at each start). He has been destroying older horses while BB has been struggling to beat the second tier 3yos. Obviously their is a weight difference to make up for that but if they both line up I'd expect Order to beat him home.

Are you already on?

On exposed form I reckon he has absolutely none. Hasn't looked anywhere near it at 3 runs back this prep. Maybe if trained by Lloyd or Bart they can turn it around but would be staggered if he features.

Are you already on?

On exposed form I reckon he has absolutely none. Hasn't looked anywhere near it at 3 runs back this prep. Maybe if trained by Lloyd or Bart they can turn it around but would be staggered if he features.

Yes, at $101. it looks a classic staying prep to me, was cluttered up hopelessly all the way down the straight in the Makybe Diva but has hit the line well all runs when clear. Getting out to 2000m+ will be his bag.

Order of st george can get fizzed up from what Ive seen.
That would be a concern for mine

seth

Yes, at $101. it looks a classic staying prep to me, was cluttered up hopelessly all the way down the straight in the Makybe Diva but has hit the line well all runs when clear. Getting out to 2000m+ will be his bag.
Yeah I think he's going ok, better than what it reads on paper; just don't think he's classy enough to get into the pointy end of the money.

I thought that about Who Shot The Barman though and he lobbed into a place, so what do I know?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was a quality 2400m horse in the UK which is usually good enough to run 3200m down here.

As for Fame Game, many were saying the same about Admire Rakti before last years Caulfield Cup

Magicool struggled to run out the 2000m today (dropped out last), I've got a slight question mark about him heading onto 3200m ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back