Mega Thread Melbourne Cup Day 2015 * All betting discussion *

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I just am not sure about these UK horses coming over.
They always run in either Group 2 or 3 races with an average field of about 7, so their form surely can't be trusted.

What do you reckon?

Could not disagree more.

They always run in either Group 2 or 3 races with an average field of about 7, so their form surely can't be trusted.

What do you reckon?
You're right, the Poms couldn't win a Cup if they started now :p

Realistically though, the quality of opposition they'll have to beat from here is almost nothing, so they're pretty much fighting it out with the Japanese. On that basis, you'd have to concede them chances. If you need reminding of what we bring to the table in terms of G2/3 races, have a look at the Naturalism and Bart Cummings results.

What do you reckon?

:thumbsu:

Give me a Jap, Frog or Nazi any day of the week.

The Pommy plodders, please, amirite?

Coolmore confirm Bondi Beach & Kingfisher.
Order of St George (was 2nd fave) ISNT coming

seth
For what it's worth, Pricewise is tipping Kingfisher this year. He used to be a top tipster but this year he has been absolutely shite for months on end.

For what it's worth, Pricewise is tipping Kingfisher this year. He used to be a top tipster but this year he has been absolutely shite for months on end.
And Secret Number too...which will probably not be high enough in the OOE and is too slow anyway.

Yeh I read that,not sure he has any idea of the race if he thinks Kingfisher is the right type of horse

seth

Yeh I read that,not sure he has any idea of the race if he thinks Kingfisher is the right type of horse

seth

As said at the time - he tipped it in the Gold Cup and it probably should have won - and he absolutely LOVES re-tipping horses that he tipped in the past and were unlucky.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wait till Kingfisher's guaranteed a start - at this rate he'll be a $6 favourite

Looks like his price and Secret Number's have moved as a result of Pricewise's tips. Secret Number in from over $100 to $36 yet he's still a big risk of missing a start.

Wait till Kingfisher's guaranteed a start - at this rate he'll be a $6 favourite

Looks like his price and Secret Number's have moved as a result of Pricewise's tips. Secret Number in from over $100 to $36 yet he's still a big risk of missing a start.

Lol or not.

Betfair will always react strongly to his tips - but it's normally a one time move - they won't continue to firm. Just seen scraps of the article and he has listed one of the best local hopes as THE OFFER o_O - so happy to concede it looks like he has totally lost the plot htis year.

Hayes seems keen to run Criterion in Cup after the Cox Plate,comparing his style to Jeune.
Aidans horses have arrived,Bondi Beach looks in great condition,Kingfisher looks slower than I remember

seth

Apparently he should have finished upsides Golden Arc at York :rolleyes:

Why didn't they go the Arc the fairies.

Obvious live show in the Cox Plate but if he wins the Melbourne Cup I won't post here for a year.
Now what you should be doing is tipping it to win.
Verema and Admire Ratki say hi :rolleyes:

I got Paris covered. Backed those two and Ethiopia the year before for no other reason than carn WA, I was way up and had a few sherbs. Was truly an abortion of a race that year. 4 in a row I'd probably give up for the horses sake.

I've learnt to have two bets in recent years though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back