Mega Thread Melbourne Cup Day 2015 * All betting discussion *

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Simple Verse who beat Bondi Beach in St Leger just won a 2400m G1 at Ascot on Champions Day

seth

Dont think i could back Protectionist at Warnambool on current form TBH, travelled into it but was Jamiroqauing (aka:traveling without moving) in the straight..

i would be dead set stunned if he ran in the top 10 let alone won, but...Ive been wrong before and ill sure as s**t be wrong again.

Different eyes see different things I guess. But yeah if you purely looked at that run asking can he win? Probably not. I was just pleased he put himself in the race, it didn't bother me too much what happened after that.

FFS mate. How much evidence do you NEED? Last years cup was one of the all time great fluke performances. People who backed him that day need to realise they were absolutely kissed on the dick and thank their lucky stars for their cash.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Fame Game's run yesterday was the sort of run that makes you "jeez I want to be on that horse for its next race"

Knew this would be highlighted. Run was ok but subsequent price move looks too much for me. Did absolutely nothing in the run and 'just' managed to run past some tired horses.

How far is he going to get back in running?

Interesting - I like most others think it will require a 'new' international on the scene to beat Fame Game at Flemington.

Surely Fame Game has to get past Trip to Paris first let alone any new blood?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Simple Verse who beat Bondi Beach in St Leger just won a 2400m G1 at Ascot on Champions Day

seth

Mares grade though (the girls ran nowhere in the arc)

I still have my doubts he's coming through second rate form lines. Not sure this tells us too much new. .

Surely Fame Game has to get past Trip to Paris first let alone any new blood?

Mentioned it earlier looking at past form in UK do you believe Max Dynamite is overs considering its form around Trip to Paris? Smashed it in one of it's most recent runs

Mentioned it earlier looking at past form in UK do you believe Max Dynamite is overs considering its form around Trip to Paris? Smashed it in one of it's most recent runs

Yes on exposed UK form if they all lined up in a race tomorrow it would be hard to see how Max Dynamite wouldn't be shorter in the betting.

As Seth pointed out - there is no way Quest For More would be 5 times the price either

Yes on exposed UK form if they all lined up in a race tomorrow it would be hard to see how Max Dynamite wouldn't be shorter in the betting.

As Seth pointed out - there is no way Quest For More would be 5 times the price either

26 on most recent OOE.
A few above no doubt drop out.
$81 worth a five dollar win bet for sure

Reported that Protectionist is "highly unlikely to go on" this morning.

I know Sacred Verse beat mares but she was strong,hasnt put me off Bondi as Im already invested

seth

Reported that Protectionist is "highly unlikely to go on" this morning.

I know Sacred Verse beat mares but she was strong,hasnt put me off Bondi as Im already invested

seth

Fair. But the race she won is close to the weakest G1 on the British calendar. Horse she beat won at 33/1 at listed level two starts ago (although has obviously improved)

After yesterday my top 5 would now probably be

Trip To Paris
MK
Fame Game
Max Dynamite
Amralah

But would have little confidence to be honest. Should get to see Quest on Wednesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back