Competition Melbourne Heart rebrand (Melbourne City)

Remove this Banner Ad

Melbourne Heart will be the only club to actually term a profit this season.

So...yeah. And what does he mean by 'a false economy'? That because the Heart was failing on the field, they don't have the right to run as a successful business off it? Complete crap. Heart did what it needed to in order to balance the books, when many before and many after them would have just opened the chequebook and countered a lean period with reckless spending. They current administration and departing board deserves credit for that.

A message board thread (and a six week old one at that). Are you serious? And a search for 'debt' on that page yields, yep, nothing.

What is 'WAMN Sport'?

Going by the Facebook widget on that page (a whopping six people 'like' them) they certainly look to be quite an authority in the sports media.

Next step...who is 'Rodney Mouawad'?

Well, I don't see much about him being a journalist...this could be him (a member of 'The Fanatics'...say no more)

Next step...Facebook page. Recent activity (three hours ago): became a 'Fan' of Brynne Edelsten (comment: Hahaha...she is single now...I have a chance...lol).

Let's just say I don't see this guy winning any Walkleys down the track.

Couple more logo's. These are my 'official' entries.

ScreenShot2014-02-02at41128PM_zps0703ab77.png
ScreenShot2014-02-02at41108PM_zps8b6b5f97.png

Hard to incorporate red and white, particularly with Heart's stripes, and the word "city" and not see more Stoke than Manchester.
It's one of the many nuances in this story that make it so challenging and interesting.

For some reason, as many of you have identified, the red and sky blue is jarring. I so want it to work, it's probably a shade off being just right - we've seen a darker claret and sky work, as well as red and royal.
While I'm convinced this is the only amicable conclusion, getting the balance of shades right is crucial. The red is a hard hue to moderate, but it must be deep, and the blue pale.

lmach is on the right path by not necessarily forcing a combination of the colours in pattern. It's still a distinctive look that can be versatile.

Surely the powers-that-be at Man City understand how walking in on a brand like Sydney FC, and a sporting identity such as NSW, is a no-go in a minority (or is that "growing"...) sport. Particularly in a unique parochial inter-state sporting (cultural) landscape like ours.
They should already have come to terms with the fact their 'Mother-brand' intentions aren't going the way they would hope by backing a red-half team. Also as lmach raised, the term "City" is going to be the major brand asset and tool for the Sheik and co in this arrangement, and they would be respected by the Melbourne and Australian football public if their footprint on visual identity was measured and minimal.

The aesthetics and politics of this is intriguing on many levels.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lmach you are my hero.

Unbelievably talented, mate. Keep sending your work in to Football clubs, you never know what might happen.

Actually I believe Fulham wear a slight off-white TYVM (inb4srs)

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk
FulhamHSS1314a.jpg

Nope, Fulham wear pure white. Their secondary nickname is even The Whites.

But it's true, teams can happily share colors, that's why football has away kits in the first place! WSW actually has a red and white clash/away strip, which I've always thought is a bit short sighted, both their kits kind of clash with Heart at the moment!

View attachment 42026

Nope, Fulham wear pure white. Their secondary nickname is even The Whites.

But it's true, teams can happily share colors, that's why football has away kits in the first place! WSW actually has a red and white clash/away strip, which I've always thought is a bit short sighted, both their kits kind of clash with Heart at the moment!

It's pretty easy to argue that it would be impossible for teams not to share colours, in a 20-team, multi-tiered competition (I think something like 45 teams have played in the EPL in its 22 years).

As far as I can remember, when Rangers FC bought into the Northern Spirit, they didn't change their colours. Though Northern Spirit did have a blue away kit in the first place.

When Rangers bought Spirit, they introduced a royal blue kit with some hints of the previous Spirit colours... I'm pretty sure Spirit hadn't previously worn royal blue. At the very least, the home colour definitely changed from white to blue once Rangers came in.

There are a few other examples of clubs being owned or directly affiliated with other bigger clubs. Apart from the mentioned Chivas USA, there is an Ajax Cape Town and also Albirex Nigata owns a team in the Singapore league.

In both those cases though, I believe it was a new team rather than an existing team being bought out. NYC is the same in that it's a new team. I can't think of any example other than Northern Spirit and Melbourne Heart where an existing team has been bought out by a bigger club to be a feeder club... not counting the Red Bull examples where they have become a shared corporate brand.

It's pretty easy to argue that it would be impossible for teams not to share colours, in a 20-team, multi-tiered competition (I think something like 45 teams have played in the EPL in its 22 years).
But the A-League is a ten team comp. it should be avoided.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back