Rumour Mick Malthouse

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oh of course....and he wants them to sack him and make himself a martyr.

You just don't see that very often these days.

Mick hasn't survived in football this long without acquiring a lot of street smarts along the way. Carlton would be wise to silence him by acting quickly.

The media are collectively taking a swipe at Carlton today. Here's Neil Mitchell's contribution >

"This has turned into a non-sensical, political fight (that is) undignified, cruel and counterproductive," Mitchell said.

"If Mick's got to go… do it now. Or stick with him?

"For heaven's sake, make a decision.

"As John Kennedy would say – just do something."

No chance he stays after that claim about Betts. He would have to know that, too. Trigg has no choice at this point. Probably being sacked as I type.

ratten1.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sounds like the Carlton board are about to pull the Trigg-er this afternoon?

Mic is playing this well. Sack me and pay me out because I'm not walking. May not look overly professional but the same can be said about Carlton

When Ross is done at Freo, whether that is in 2 years or 7 years, every club should be after him.
Careful what you wish for ..look at how he left St Kilda. I suspect he'll leave Freo in the same state. Its all or nothing with Ross. Yes he's flavour of the month atm but he still hasn't won a flag and if he doesn't this year he may never

Doubt it. Ross likes the previous coach doing all the hard work for him in terms of list building, teaching etc and then comes in when and only when the team looks to be in their premiership window so he can take all the credit for it if it eventuates. Whilst Freo are flying and are red-hot flag favourites, they do have the age-profile where he'd be just about ready to jump ship though...
My thoughts exactly - loathe the man

The media have it marked in their diary every year to target the most vulnerable looking coach early in the season and destabilize his situation as much as possible in the hope they can have him removed.

Must say they've done a brilliant job with Mick. But Mick had made many media enemies along the journey and revenge is a dish best served cold.

No doubt during the break Carlton will announce Mick won't be continuing next season. Then it's probably a matter of who wilts first - him or the club.
To be honest, when Ross Lyon defected to Freo he blindsided the media in the process. He more or less outed player agents as the source of most leaks/rumours that get flown around the media industry.

Ever since then, every media organisation has made a concerted effort to be on the front foot with coach movements or imminent sackings to the point where they are almost trying to drive the outcome themselves. Even though the likes of Neeld and Watters had their shortcomings as coaches, they didn't deserve the ending they got - I'm not saying they didn't deserve the sack - just the saturation of speculation which preceded that.

I find this all pretty ordinary to be honest. By all means have a crack at his coaching performance and his team but if these media clowns didn't have cameras they could almost be arrested for stalking.

To be honest, when Ross Lyon defected to Freo he blindsided the media in the process. He more or less outed player agents as the source of most leaks/rumours that get flown around the media industry.

Ever since then, every media organisation has made a concerted effort to be on the front foot with coach movements or imminent sackings to the point where they are almost trying to drive the outcome themselves. Even though the likes of Neeld and Watters had their shortcomings as coaches, they didn't deserve the ending they got - I'm not saying they didn't deserve the sack - just the saturation of speculation which preceded that.

I find this all pretty ordinary to be honest. By all means have a crack at his coaching performance and his team but if these media clowns didn't have cameras they could almost be arrested for stalking.
Neeld and Watters was ugly. Neeld in particular just left a bad taste. MM knows the game. He and Sheedy have played teh press on a break for the past 15 years. It isn;t pretty. IT is what it is

Neeld and Watters was ugly. Neeld in particular just left a bad taste. MM knows the game. He and Sheedy have played teh press on a break for the past 15 years. It isn;t pretty. IT is what it is

I actually get the feeling with Malthouse that a lot of this personal for a lot of journos who have probably been intimidated/hurt by him in the past.

Sheedy was more or less celebrated by the media in his last year, even though his team finished just outside the bottom four.

Careful what you wish for ..look at how he left St Kilda. I suspect he'll leave Freo in the same state. Its all or nothing with Ross. Yes he's flavour of the month atm but he still hasn't won a flag and if he doesn't this year he may never

Saints drafting from 2003>2010 was so bad I can't put it into words. James Hird bad I guess you could say. From this period they currently have 7 players on their list... 7 damn players in an eight year period. Picks which were good:

Gilbert pick 33, 2003
Fisher pick 5, 2002
Armatige pick 9, 2005
Steven pick 42, 2006

Everyone else delisted/fringe/traded.

Freo could be in trouble when Sandi/Pav goes, but they are going to throw Hogan a $1m minimum contract and have plenty of young gun mids. They wont fall as hard as the Saints.

Saints drafting from 2003>2010 was so bad I can't put it into words. James Hird bad I guess you could say. From this period they currently have 7 players on their list... 7 damn players in an eight year period. Picks which were good:

Gilbert pick 33, 2003
Fisher pick 5, 2002
Armatige pick 9, 2005
Steven pick 42, 2006

Everyone else delisted/fringe/traded.

Freo could be in trouble when Sandi/Pav goes, but they are going to throw Hogan a $1m minimum contract and have plenty of young gun mids. They wont fall as hard as the Saints.

You are discussing St Kilda's poor drafting and felt the need to include James Hird in it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back