Opinion Mick Malthouse

What is the next move on Mick?

• Sack him immediately; replacement coach to see out the year.

Votes: 192 48.9%
  • Let him coach out the year then show him the door.

Votes: 70 17.8%
  • Sign him now to give coaches and players some direction.

Votes: 81 20.6%
  • Not sure yet... still too angry to think clearly.

Votes: 50 12.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am yet to be convinced that MM has the ability to run with a game plan that has kept up with the evolution of the modern game, but will maintain an open mind until proven one way or the other.

What would it take for it to be "proven" that MM has the ability to coach a game-plan that will work in 2015 and/or beyond?

What would it take for it to be "proven" that MM does not have the ability to coach a game-plan that will work in 2015 and/or beyond?

Malthouse has served his purpose well, and deserves our support. I am certainly not in favour of a hasty, long term contract extension, but has earned some credits from this one time dissenter.

I agree MM has served his purpose well. Perhaps you mean "our" purpose well? But I thought you were keeping an open mind?

You give credit to MM for "a new era dawning" after the second bye. MM described it as "crossing the Rubicon". Only, the next week he decided apparently we hadn't. As to our supposed "good form" after the second bye I also wonder how you explain our games against Port and Essendon at the end of the season.

Laidler is a former Carlton player and hasn't been on our list for a while now.

Not too sure why he is being discussed.

Time to get back on topic - MICK MALTHOUSE!
MM let Laidler go......
*insert rest of rant here*
It is Micks fault therefore relevant to the topic.

Am I doin' it right?

What would it take for it to be "proven" that MM has the ability to coach a game-plan that will work in 2015 and/or beyond?

What would it take for it to be "proven" that MM does not have the ability to coach a game-plan that will work in 2015 and/or beyond?

I agree MM has served his purpose well. Perhaps you mean "our" purpose well? But I thought you were keeping an open mind?

You give credit to MM for "a new era dawning" after the second bye. MM described it as "crossing the Rubicon". Only, the next week he decided apparently we hadn't. As to our supposed "good form" after the second bye I also wonder how you explain our games against Port and Essendon at the end of the season.

Oh dear Windy, you got it bad;)

OK......... I expressed that it has taken some time to get here, maybe too much. I believe our existing list prior to trade/draft period was
good enough to make significant improvement in 2015, given a reasonable run with injuries. Malthouse has taken the time to imprint his
ethos on the group. We have also made some prudent, quality additions which further enhances our prospects in the foreseeable future.

In short the honeymoon is over. No allowances for previous influences on the group. We have included some "mature" types in our
recruitment and they have been heralded by MM. No place to hide, no crutch. It is on MM and his panel now.

We need to perform competitively, consistently and cohesively. We need tangible improvement on the scoreboard
and in "clutch periods" within games. It is not feasible to put a win/loss KPI forward as there is a great deal beyond our control. I, personally,
believe we should be playing finals, and if a couple of pieces fall in to place, could even challenge for Top 4 (unlikely, but not impossible).

Our poor games after the second bye were momentum breakers, but we copped two good teams at the wrong time, and were affected by injury
and some last chance selections along with some desperate ones, through unavailability such as Garlett and Robinson, as well as the effect of their transgressions on some of their mates. "New day was dawning" was an appropriate term, didn't say the sun was high in the sky.

Wow his first game back from a serious knee injury he got beaten, dropped to the reserves and never played again. Not hard to see why he would feel a little peeved. Nonetheless, a bloke that managed to play 19 games for the second best club for he year would surely be worth a spot in our lowly 22 who finished in the bottom 6 clubs for the season? Instead you say White (we all know what I think of him) and Jaksch of all people are ahead of him? Cmon Batman seriously mate.....

Anyway time will tell with this one.
No, he's not a flexible player and is a role player, there are limited positions in a team for a guy like this and this position is filled by better players at Carlton. If Sydney didn't have too many guys for this role then that fine but we have better players. Laidler is very limited to what types he can play on and what roles and positions he can play, granted you can usually find an opponent who isn't too quick/good for him though (poor ruckmen and average medium forwards). Sydney finished second and we finished very low, doesn't mean they have better players in every position on the ground. Laidler is no loss what so ever.

Like I said, I'm neither here nor there but writing him off on one performance back from a knee injury is kind of silly, and the fact that Sydney (top 2) picked him up and played him for 19 matches sort of supports that, no matter how many times you disregard it.

Like I said, I'm neither here nor there but writing him off on one performance back from a knee injury is kind of silly, and the fact that Sydney (top 2) picked him up and played him for 19 matches sort of supports that, no matter how many times you disregard it.

It doesn't, no matter how many times you say it.

I would have thought setting fire to an orphanage is worse than killing puppies.
Only if there was someone IN the orphanage when it was lit, otherwise the puppy thing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

full to bursting - the new minister for social services mr morrison jailed their parents for spending money on food instead of education

Mojo Risin's old man, George reached the highest of all naval ranks, yet he is still known as Jimbos dad.

This had better be a trivia quiz.

Happy Xmas, the war is not over.

Interesting discussion so I'm going to add two cents.

I was sorry to see Ratts go. Carlton legend. Respect.

I was excited to see MM arrive as he has runs on the board. He lifted average Collingwood teams to play in two GF's. He went about constructing a list he needed. He's had a couple of years of doing so and he is the current coach. He's trimmed. He's done one thing that I will be eternally grateful for in lifting Gibbs up to the level we all expected. This year i'm hoping he does the same with MK. But this year is the litmus test. I'm not setting any benchmarks other than to see continual improvement, in both players and how the team goes about it.

All this footy talk in mid December. I can't wait. Go Blues.

You're barely in the same universe when it comes to lefty, femmy, leave-them-aloney, support the downtroddenny, raise a people's army and seize control of the state, tree-hugging, compassionisty, liberal-minded awareness.......ness......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back