Opinion Mick Malthouse

What is the next move on Mick?

• Sack him immediately; replacement coach to see out the year.

Votes: 192 48.9%
  • Let him coach out the year then show him the door.

Votes: 70 17.8%
  • Sign him now to give coaches and players some direction.

Votes: 81 20.6%
  • Not sure yet... still too angry to think clearly.

Votes: 50 12.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He says that during pressers and the same people go nuts.

The "no comment" response can't be faulted when a person is asked about another person. If it is about other matters - then it can come across as an evasion. If you wish to be very diplomatic - there is always the phrase " I prefer not to comment and leave others to form their own opinions however they choose to do so.." LOL

The "no comment" response can't be faulted when a person is asked about another person. If it is about other matters - then it can come across as an evasion. If you wish to be very diplomatic - there is always the phrase " I prefer not to comment and leave others to form their own opinions however they choose to do so.." LOL

...No comment...

Malthouse could cure cancer & there would still be those who are ready to criticise him.
He went one better, he told Daisy to pick up his bed and walk....

Fart in their general direction.

(Holy Grail)

Ah, blustreak ... Your mother was a hamster and your father smelled of elderberries.

Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Malthouse could cure cancer & there would still be those who are ready to criticise him.

1d63a43748d9dfef0657b6f15a7e8f67_400x400.jpeg

http://www.afl.com.au/video/2014-09-13/postmatch-freo

Thought Ross' post match performance was outstanding ...

You probably inadvertently supported Mick here.

Take note of the questions Lyon was asked. Questions on the game, questions on next year, questions on players. He did bristle at McPharlin's future being raised a second time. He did bristle a little when discussing how young they are and others being entitled to their opinions.

Where were the journos asking him if he had any regrets about the altercation with the Freo fan in Sydney last week and whether it affected his coaching during the week? Where were the questions asking him to defend his comments about Mitch Who he made during the week? Where were the questions asking him if his job was safe? Aside from McPharlin's future, where were the questions requiring Lyon to have to jump to the defence of specific players?

This is how a press conference goes when you ask professional and fair questions, and not ones you know will get a reaction and create the bad blood for future press conferences.

You probably inadvertently supported Mick here.

Take note of the questions Lyon was asked. Questions on the game, questions on next year, questions on players. He did bristle at McPharlin's future being raised a second time. He did bristle a little when discussing how young they are and others being entitled to their opinions.

Where were the journos asking him if he had any regrets about the altercation with the Freo fan in Sydney last week and whether it affected his coaching during the week? Where were the questions asking him to defend his comments about Mitch Who he made during the week? Where were the questions asking him if his job was safe? Aside from McPharlin's future, where were the questions requiring Lyon to have to jump to the defence of specific players?

This is how a press conference goes when you ask professional and fair questions, and not ones you know will get a reaction and create the bad blood for future press conferences.

Actually I am a big fan of Malthouse and what he is doing at Carlton. I just think it is a shame that he wastes energy on battles he can't win. Ross has changed game plan to a much more attacking style - no one cares to highlight this as it doesn't fit neatly into stereotype.

All the questions you say could have been asked - I believe he would have handled much better than the typical coach. He is stern but controlled . The question re McPharlin was handled well I thought. the question that got him going was the last one about "being heartbroken"..Ross is thought it was stupid to say that a game could make him feel 'heartbroken'...he is no fool Mr Lyon - and a lot more honest than the typical coach.

I like him. Which is not to say I don't like Mick. - in fact I sympathise with Mick and how he gets smashed by a press which is largely offside. They will love Mick again - when Carlton starts knocking off top sides next year.

Actually I am a big fan of Malthouse and what he is doing at Carlton. I just think it is a shame that he wastes energy on battles he can't win. Ross has changed game plan to a much more attacking style - no one cares to highlight this as it doesn't fit neatly into stereotype.

All the questions you say could have been asked - I believe he would have handled much better than the typical coach. He is stern but controlled . The question re McPharlin was handled well I thought. the question that got him going was the last one about "being heartbroken"..Ross is thought it was stupid to say that a game could make him feel 'heartbroken'...he is no fool Mr Lyon - and a lot more honest than the typical coach.

I do like the honesty in his press conferences and his general demeanour, however we don't get to see him copping crap questions week after week. We have seen he is not adverse to getting annoyed by supporters and having digs at others. He's been up for a fair while with the Saints and Dockers. Hard to know whether he would become more narky under pressure week after week.

I do like the honesty in his press conferences and his general demeanour, however we don't get to see him copping crap questions week after week. We have seen he is not adverse to getting annoyed by supporters and having digs at others. He's been up for a fair while with the Saints and Dockers. Hard to know whether he would become more narky under pressure week after week.

True - but compared to the prepackaged PR trained crapola from media darlings and coaches favoured by ex players on TV who played with them or under them - I'd take Mick and Ross anyday.

Thompson connect the dots to Robinson and Danks at Geelong - was never pushed. Scott brothers drool rubbish every week. Buckley posits pap and never has the blowtorch on him re Collingwood under his watch and their epic fail - the list goes on...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back