Millewa Football League 2006 - end of 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Millewa Football League

Good to see that the Bambill coach didn't want to make the injuries an excuse........ only mentioned it about 5 times in today’s paper.

Good to see a more balanced comp, all we need is to get a forth placed side that is capable of winning the first semi and we'll be right.

It is certainly better than a one horse race (see the last 4 seasons).

Anything can happen come finals. It is good to see a lot closer competition finally.

Wells Train, what's the go with wanting to leave Merbein to play with Meringur?
Its not wanting to leave. Its more circumstances at the moment. Mrs just had a baby and is off work for a few more months. Good fit for both at the moment. Merbein is a great club and I'll gladly go back, sooner rather later I'd say.

Its not wanting to leave. Its more circumstances at the moment. Mrs just had a baby and is off work for a few more months. Good fit for both at the moment. Merbein is a great club and I'll gladly go back, sooner rather later I'd say.

So they are splashing some coin. I don't really understand why they would do that as they are clearly not in the running to even contest the GF.

I suppose if they are building for next year then fair enough but clearly by your post you won't be hanging around.

It fits for you with the baby, less committment and some cash but what does the club gain?

So they are splashing some coin. I don't really understand why they would do that as they are clearly not in the running to even contest the GF.

I suppose if they are building for next year then fair enough but clearly by your post you won't be hanging around.

It fits for you with the baby, less committment and some cash but what does the club gain?
Joe Wright and Brandt Ried have put in clearances. Looks like the clubs out here want some more good players. The players should help improve the teams they go to. Its better to have them than not have them.

Well hopefully I can play some good footy for them.

To the only bloke at Merbein who "kept it real" on here, interesting move?
Where to now for Merbein, whats really going on out there?
Not sure, I haven't had any trouble out there I am just taking it back a notch until the young fella grows up a bit. The social side of things is definately down on last year but there doesn't seem to be any disharmony among the ranks. I just think some more recruiting needs to be done to get them to go up the ladder. It could be changing the losers mentality but I reckon it would take more than a year to do that......

july 5th FINAL SCORES:
Gol Gol 11.13 (79) d Euston 9.9 (63)
Cardross 9.9 (63) d Nangiloc 9.3 (57)
Bambill 11.19 (85) d Werrimull 4.5 (29

july 5th FINAL SCORES:
Gol Gol 11.13 (79) d Euston 9.9 (63)
Cardross 9.9 (63) d Nangiloc 9.3 (57)
Bambill 11.19 (85) d Werrimull 4.5 (29

Good night out at Nangi for Cockas ball?, pitty they couldnt have a win for such a great clubman. He played pretty well on saturday did his best. Great to see Auskick kids at half time something for Cardy and Nangi to hold onto for years to come i hope:). Good game and great to see Cardy on the board for first win!!.

Can the Millewa finally break its duck against Broken Hill this weekend? Who is playing for the green & gold?

If the league can get close to fielding a full strength side then we may be a chance on home soil, but if as usual the players don't support it we will lose in a close game as they won't play as well on the road as they do at home. We don't travel well at all, as proven by the two huge losses up there and the narrow loss here with an under strength side.

Also anyone wish to predict who will win the premiership? At least this year we can ask the question and come up with more than one answer!

Can the Millewa finally break its duck against Broken Hill this weekend? Who is playing for the green & gold?

If the league can get close to fielding a full strength side then we may be a chance on home soil, but if as usual the players don't support it we will lose in a close game as they won't play as well on the road as they do at home. We don't travel well at all, as proven by the two huge losses up there and the narrow loss here with an under strength side.

Also anyone wish to predict who will win the premiership? At least this year we can ask the question and come up with more than one answer!

i think Broken Hill will win easily, the interleague concept throughout our league for some reason lacks complete support - seems a little disorganised at the minute so unless something snaps into gear quickly i think it could be embarrasing, as it was last year. wish them all the best though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Final score was Millewa 16.12 (108) to Broken Hill 12.22 (94)
Well done to the boys who put their hand up for interleauge. Once again it shows that you dont need a team of champions to make a champion team.
Well done to Luke, this boy puts alot in good to see some people are willing to give some back.
Good on Rossy and Fab for taking a stand against "the man".

Surely when you are referring to 'the man' you are not talking about the coach at Bambill!!! He was more than encouraging for any player to play interleague , as was evident last year with so many players filling the side. There are many players carring injuries this year and have been all year so the bye rounds and really important to try and get them right. You have obviously been given the wrong facts about the decision making at the club, but don't let the facts get in the way of having a dig at someone!:thumbsdown:

Surely when you are referring to 'the man' you are not talking about the coach at Bambill!!! He was more than encouraging for any player to play interleague , as was evident last year with so many players filling the side. There are many players carring injuries this year and have been all year so the bye rounds and really important to try and get them right. You have obviously been given the wrong facts about the decision making at the club, but don't let the facts get in the way of having a dig at someone!:thumbsdown:

My bad.
Just seemed strange that a team that had won 20 something on the trot could only find 2 players.
I did read in the paper ( four times) after the loss to Gol GOl they had injuries.

heh heh heh, looks like bam(dollar)bills is recruiting a whole new side this year, 11 odd players!
including yates , who does the best impersonation of a sheep dog i have ever seen since the 94 cootamunda sheep trials.
I hope to laugh a bam(dollar)bills again this year.
What goes around comes around

The same Nathan Yates who was best on ground for the Millewa against Broken Hill! Not bad for a sheep dog!:D

Vandy wont play, end of story.

Gol Gol tried hard but were not up to the same level, the fact that they tried hard kept them in the game until the vital stages when Bambil out classed them. Yes the fact that Umback & Wilkie were out made a difference, but I am told Bambil had a couple out as well. Those two back in would not have been enough to get Gol Gol over the line.
Obviously it was not the end of the story deposit........

My bad.
Just seemed strange that a team that had won 20 something on the trot could only find 2 players.
I did read in the paper ( four times) after the loss to Gol GOl they had injuries.

do you get paid to play interleague?

so what are the chances of cardy beating meringa this week??

would be great for nangiloc as it would keep there final chances alive for another week :)

Werrimull Magpies 5.3 (33) v » Gol Gol Hawks 21.23 (149)
» Nangiloc Demons 2.5 (17) v » Bambill Saints 19.18 (132)
» Cardross Lions 12.6 (78) v » Meringur Kangaroos 8.15 (63)

Werrimull Magpies 5.3 (33) v » Gol Gol Hawks 21.23 (149)
» Nangiloc Demons 2.5 (17) v » Bambill Saints 19.18 (132)
» Cardross Lions 12.6 (78) v » Meringur Kangaroos 8.15 (63)

So what was the difference between the Cardy and Meringur sides that produced such a turn around from last round? Any players out from both sides or did cardy play an undermanned side? Good result for them none the less.

i saw this game and when i looked at the teams, i thought Cardy was more undermanned on Saturday, than they had been all year .
I was expecting a blow out.

A credit to the coaching and staff to get the team firing considering they could hardly field a side round 1.

Maybe Meringur had it already pencilled in because their coach (i think)lost the plot and got sent off for abusing the umpire and they seemed like it was going to just happen.

august 9

CARDROSS LIONS v. WERRIMULL MAGPIES
Cardross Lions 5.7, 8.11,13.15,15.19 (109)
Werrimull Magpies 0.0, 1.1, 1.2, 1.4 (10)

BAMBILL SAINTS v. EUSTON BOMBERS
Bambill Saints 0.3, 7.7,12.11,13.17 (95)
Euston Bombers 5.5, 5.6, 10.9, 12.10 (82)

GOL GOL HAWKS v. MERINGUR KANGAROOS
Gol Gol Hawks 4.6, 11.6, 16.8, 21.8 (134)
Meringur Kangaroos 0.1, 4.3, 6.6, 9.7 (61)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back