Movie Mission Impossible: Death Reckoning (2023)

Remove this Banner Ad

Trailer has all the elements of all the previous MI films mashed in with Daniel Craig Bond films. Looks like another hit for Tom Cruise.

Incredible career for Cruise. Been involved in big hits in the 1980s and still so doing today in the 2020s. Unbelievable.

Yes pls. Love MI.
One of few and rare series, where you can watch all of them 1 to 7 and the quality is consistent and gets better.

Sure some are not as good as others, but lets not forget this series began in 1996.

Also one of few that have never "jumped the shark" either.

If I had to pick the best for me, it would be either Ghost Protocol, Rogue Nation or Fallout.

Need another rewatch to pick my best.

One of few and rare series, where you can watch all of them 1 to 7 and the quality is consistent and gets better.

Sure some are not as good as others, but lets not forget this series began in 1996.

Also one of few that have never "jumped the shark" either.

If I had to pick the best for me, it would be either Ghost Protocol, Rogue Nation or Fallout.

Need another rewatch to pick my best.
Rogue Nation from Ghost Protocol for me.

Rogue Nation from Ghost Protocol for me.
As I said, I do like them, I think you could easily have a good rationale for liking one over the other for a variety of reasons.

Glad you bumped the thread, I think I need to get my MI in order for another rewatch.

Just on that it got me thinking MI2 is probably the only one in the series that probably isnt a great fit nor have much continuation of the series, a bit of a filler movie.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought it dragged a bit at times (particularly in the middle) and suspect when all's done I would've preferred this as one movie.

Nonetheless, thrilling at parts and I found the whole final section on the train was some of the most fun I've had in a cinema in a long while.

I thought it dragged a bit at times (particularly in the middle) and suspect when all's done I would've preferred this as one movie.

Nonetheless, thrilling at parts and I found the whole final section on the train was some of the most fun I've had in a cinema in a long while.
The movie is a little lengthy but agree with you about the train sequence, absolutely outstanding.

Had a blast.

The action scenes are just so damn good, but there was a lot of good work being done by Cruise and the rest of the cast in-between all that.

You don't really watch it for the plot but this was probably my least favourite story/villain since MI2. But there was a lot left on the table for Part 2 so hopefully it comes together. Hayley Atwell, a terrific addition.

Just a fun series that isn't showing any signs of slowing down. MI2 and MI3 are the only ones I'd consider average, and even then 3 has PSH, and 2 has some wild John Woo choreography, and the novelty of being set in Sydney.

4 > 6 > 5 > 1 > 7 > 3 > 2

I'm new to the MI franchise. Not sure why, but it just skipped me.

Watched #1 earlier this year for the first time. Was good.
Watched #2 last night. Am glad to hear that its considered the poorer of the series, because I didn't mind it. It was a bit cheesy and full of holes, but was still good fun.

If it's only up from here, then I'm on to a good thing.

I'm new to the MI franchise. Not sure why, but it just skipped me.

Watched #1 earlier this year for the first time. Was good.
Watched #2 last night. Am glad to hear that its considered the poorer of the series, because I didn't mind it. It was a bit cheesy and full of holes, but was still good fun.

If it's only up from here, then I'm on to a good thing.

The general consensus is that from 4 onward they are all really good. Enjoy.

I agree there were times it dragged a little, could have done with a bit of a trim of a few action scenes, but that said, the story always held together consistently, the action pieces were good, and the train scene was gripping. Genuinely good action movie.

Now this is how you make movies for the audience.

MI2 and 3 have some nice bits and John Woo and villains etc (and I can forgive 1 since it started the whole thing) but Ghost Protocol/Rogue Nation/Fallout/Dead Reckoning are hit after hit after hit after hit. Near perfect action movies.

If Dead Reckoning Part II sticks the landing it could make Mission Impossible one of the finest movie franchises of all time and it will be nearly 30 years of the same lead actor too!

Was a great ride seeing this yesterday. Went to Hoyts in the D-Box cinema which makes your seat rocks and shakes along with the action of the film. Cruise has really found his groove as Hunt throughout the whole series with a great supporting cast in Pegg and Rhames. Atwell and Ferguson were excellent as were Kirby and Pom. All smart and tough. Esai Morales was smooth as always. Can’t wait for Part Two.

So much fun.

I get the comments saying people don't rank it as the best still being a top shelf movie.

Hard to think of another series that's maintained a level of quality for so long. These movies are all 2+ hours as well and they never waste a minute.

Was good rewatching the previous 6 in the lead up to this as well during the week.

It's crazy to think that Cruise is 61. Still going as strong if not stronger than he did at the start.

Props to Ving Rhames too, bloke nails the sage old head perfectly. For the limited time he has on screen he makes the most of it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back