Mitch Clark discussion - Geelong gets the flog

Remove this Banner Ad

I love the Stevens one, port refused to trade him to a team that finished higher than them so they just let him go. Then once Carlton picked him up Stevens suddenly said he wanted to get picked up by a club like a Collingwood or Carlton. As for luke ball did Collingwood offer a player and St Kilda didn't take it. For some reason Wellingham comes to mind.
We offered Wellingham and pick 30 if I remember correctly. At the time Wellingham hadn't done much but he looked promising for an ex rookie.

Probably someone to make it too.
I was seriously trying to work out the easiest way to do it. We need to identify the largest section on Lv4 without advertising. Then work out a height - need to be able to both weigh it down on our side of the stands and also drop it to a height which doesn't impede the viewing for those below us.

From there, it's actually printing it in that kind of size.

The former is easy. Just get fabric a la the Carey banner. The photo bit is the hard part.

We offered Wellingham and pick 30 if I remember correctly. At the time Wellingham hadn't done much but he looked promising for an ex rookie.
It's amazing how stubborn clubs can be with trading. That same year we traded McLean for Carlton because pick 11 is better than nothing, even though McLean is easily worth a top ten pick lol.

MFC Cheer Squad normally uses the Punt Road end on Queen's Birthday yes? Would we want to hang it behind the cheer squad?

Also, we would have to be there early to get the spots - like 10am early.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was seriously trying to work out the easiest way to do it. We need to identify the largest section on Lv4 without advertising. Then work out a height - need to be able to both weigh it down on our side of the stands and also drop it to a height which doesn't impede the viewing for those below us.

From there, it's actually printing it in that kind of size.

The former is easy. Just get fabric a la the Carey banner. The photo bit is the hard part.
Mitch Clark is good at photos and is Melbourne for life so he might help out. :drunk:

Has #50 been reported anywhere as the likely offer?

If so, I highly doubt that will be accepted.

If that is the offer, it's an insulting offer & I would prefer for the 'scumbag' to sweat bullets & see him chance his luck in the draft.
I'd like is to take him in the PSD. Not like we'll draft anyone else and then he can either front up and finish what he started or he can bum around for two years and try coming back at 28.

Mitch Clark is good at photos and is Melbourne for life so he might help out. :drunk:
It may cost some money but we could get it printed. If people are willing to pitch in, that is.

Time for us to make a stand. A stand stronger than that shitty '#31 Please Don't Go' banner in the MCC.

It may cost some money but we could get it printed. If people are willing to pitch in, that is.

Time for us to make a stand. A stand stronger than that shitty '#31 Please Don't Go' banner in the MCC.
I'm in. :thumbsu:

Feels like he is going to be hated more than Scully tbh
Like I said earlier Scully was 20 years old. Don't like what he did, but I probably would have done the same. The environment around the club was still devastating in the months following 186, we hadn't yet signed a new senior coach, etc.

Clark has already made his fortune and made a big show of how much he loved the club when he 'retired'. For him to leave is much, much worse than what Scully did, after all that we've done for him.

Like I said earlier Scully was 20 years old. Don't like what he did, but I probably would have done the same. The environment around the club was still devastating in the months following 186, we hadn't yet signed a new senior coach, etc.

Clark has already made his fortune and made a big show of how much he loved the club when he 'retired'. For him to leave is much, much worse than what Scully did, after all that we've done for him.

and $cully didn't finagle his move. He was out of contract and took the money. Still hate $cully, but he had better motives than clark. Clark's pretend retirement is a disgrace.

Without going too much into the medical side of things, I'm amazed that any professional doctor could tell him that simply remaining on an AFL list would be hazardous to his mental health to the point that he'd better quit his high paying job that is contractually difficult to re-enter. How that same Dr. could then tell him that he's right to go and play football, and the negative ramifications of stabbing his mates and supporters in the back would be okay but going back to Melbourne wouldn't.

Seriously, this "fresh start" stuff - what does it mean?

Did he get sick because of his injury, or because he hated Melbourne and was tired of losing.

I hope he never wins another game of football again.

All this Scully talk is bringing up these emotions I went through at the time. First it was late 2010 I felt 'no way he would leave after one year' to February 2011 when I felt he was going. I actually remember going out to chapel street and asking Hutchy at the bar if he thought Scully was gone and he said yes. Then I remember feeling pleasantly surprised when Scully had a press conference in March? The way they built it up on SEN1116 was as if he annouced he signed a new contract, only to be bitterly disappointed when it was nothing more than him saying he wants to remain a one club player. Then as the year went on and the amount of money being reported I was getting more accepting he was leaving. Then in September I remember waiting for the day he announces he has signed with GWS. However when the day came i still felt pretty shattered even though I knew he was gone, it was as if that minute chance, that teeny tiny hope he would stay was officially gone.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back