Mitch Clark discussion - Geelong gets the flog

Remove this Banner Ad

Dunn's take on some of the stuff that was posted on the MFC Facebook page after the official announcement that Clark had requested a trade to Geelong:

Some of the comments on here are sickening! It is disappointing that Mitch will be pursuing his AFL career at another club and yes I too am a little disgruntled at the decision. In saying that, I wouldn't wish what happened to Mitch and happens to so many others day in and day out upon anybody. I'm so glad he is well enough to try and pursue his dream of playing footy at the elite level and I will always think of him as a mate. Some comments especially from some demon faithful are distasteful and cowardly but I suppose so long as the few "Keyboard Warriors" have there say and hide behind there screens then life will go on. All the best brother!
-------------------------------------------------------

All I hope is that Geelong and Melbourne are hammering out an amicable trade at the moment, and that it's one of the first pushed through once trade week starts so that this doesn't have to drag on and on. Yes, a little part of me would like to see us play hardball and force him to the PSD to make him sweat. However, on the other hand, I am completely and utterly over all of this s**t. The best result would be to wrap it up quick and move on.

It hurts, but he's now just part of our shitty past, along with a heap of other crap. No point giving it any more airtime.

Hope he enjoys playing second fiddle to Porkins.

<FWIW Dunny appears to be Facebook friends with Tom Gillies. Oh dear...>

Think we should be looking at getting Josh Walker from Geelong as part of the trade for Clark, 21 year old 196cm key Forawrd, played 7 games this year kicking 11 goals averaging 1.86 contested marks, he's going to lack opportunity down at Geelong behind Clark and Hawkins and he could develop into a handy target next Hogan over the years. Certainly not a strait swap though, we'll need more on top.

Think we should be looking at getting Josh Walker from Geelong as part of the trade for Clark, 21 year old 196cm key Forawrd, played 7 games this year kicking 11 goals averaging 1.86 contested marks, he's going to lack opportunity down at Geelong behind Clark and Hawkins and he could develop into a handy target next Hogan over the years. Certainly not a strait swap though, we'll need more on top.
I don't mind this idea. We need other key forwards.

On Mitch, I still want to hear from him directly. I'm not discounting the state he was in. It's terrible. However, that doesn't abolish the fact that this really just seems like one dodgy, bullshit decision. A slap in the face of the MFC.

Last edited:
Dunn's take on some of the stuff that was posted on the MFC Facebook page after the official announcement that Clark had requested a trade to Geelong:

Some of the comments on here are sickening! It is disappointing that Mitch will be pursuing his AFL career at another club and yes I too am a little disgruntled at the decision. In saying that, I wouldn't wish what happened to Mitch and happens to so many others day in and day out upon anybody. I'm so glad he is well enough to try and pursue his dream of playing footy at the elite level and I will always think of him as a mate. Some comments especially from some demon faithful are distasteful and cowardly but I suppose so long as the few "Keyboard Warriors" have there say and hide behind there screens then life will go on. All the best brother!

F*** off Dunny and let us be "Keyboard Warriors", it's either "Keyboard Warriors behind a screen" or "Brick hurlers live at Kardinia Park"

We cannot be a dumping ground for your not quite rights.
In keeping with that statement you can stick Varcoe up your ass.
Should be demanding better than that.

Hey hey, I'm not the one making the proposal matey. It's just what I heard. So there's no way Trav will be anywhere near my arse regardless of what transpires.

F*** off Dunny and let us be "Keyboard Warriors", it's either "Keyboard Warriors behind a screen" or "Brick hurlers live at Kardinia Park"

I dont think many of our supporters will have any trouble saying that to his face or at games or in general conversation RE their thoughts on MC. Also of course the fans are going to react this way, its realistic given the circumstances. Get with the real world Dunny!

We should have known the character of the man when he accepted a deal from us, after he'd agreed to go to Freo.

Geelong will find out for themselves, at some time in the future, I'm sure that Collingwood now understand more about him than they did before this process all started.

He can play football, of that there's no doubt, but what else does he bring to the club?

All I hope is that Geelong and Melbourne are hammering out an amicable trade at the moment, and that it's one of the first pushed through once trade week starts so that this doesn't have to drag on and on. Yes, a little part of me would like to see us play hardball and force him to the PSD to make him sweat. However, on the other hand, I am completely and utterly over all of this s**t. The best result would be to wrap it up quick and move on.

It hurts, but he's now just part of our shitty past, along with a heap of other crap. No point giving it any more airtime.

Hope he enjoys playing second fiddle to Porkins.

<FWIW Dunny appears to be Facebook friends with Tom Gillies. Oh dear...>

Understand your disappointment with the bloke, we've grabbed him out of desperation and frustration because our keypost development players haven't lived up to their hype and expectations, which never surprised me.
Because of the nature of the deal I'm sure there'll be an amount of obligation on Geelong to do the right thing, with this in mind he'll need to be a reasonable player.
I

but I suppose so long as the few "Keyboard Warriors" have there say and hide behind there screens then life will go on. All the best brother!

Lynden Dunn,

These "Keyboard Warriors" are the ones that are paying your wages, and those of Mitch Clark.

Goddamn right the "Keyboard Warriors" have a say, especially with the tripe you and your teammates have served up over the past 7 years. All of you would have been SACKED a long time ago if you worked in a traditional workplace.

The problem with all these Geelong supporters is that they think that players like Hunt, Brown, Smedts etc will actually improve our team. The complete opposite will happen. You will get found out. Just because you played a couple of decent games for the cats does NOT mean you are automatically a gun and better than anyone in a team like Melbourne.All of a sudden you don't have Selwood, Stevie Idiot, Bartel etc kicking the ball to you and carrying you. You have Jones, daylight, then some other plodder most likely.

Someone said that Hunt was a gun because he did a good job on Marc Murphy? Hahaha. Then we should be asking for a Hawkins - Mckenzie deal then. That would be the equivalent

Of course Clark walks into Geelong's best 22 if fit. But that's a big if and doesn't mean we automatically give up a best 22 player. There are lots of ways for a reasonable deal to be arranged that doesn't include Varcoe or Stokes.

Unfortunately Melbourne aren't really in the position to try and force Geelong to give up a required player, something I don't think we've done by choice since Moloney.

Melbourne is not obligated to trade Clark either. If the proposed offer from Geelong doesn't suit, Melbourne declines and looks for something else. Clark is not the one that ultimate executes the trade, contrary to what he or his manager believe.

At the end of the day, Geelong stands to gain far more from gaining Clark than Melbourne with eg Varcoe (he is injury prone, and will probably play at Byrnes level if in Melbourne)...it is in Geelong's best interests to make the deal work, especially since there are multiple teams that are trying to get Clark.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Melbourne is not obligated to trade Clark either. If the proposed offer from Geelong doesn't suit, Melbourne declines and looks for something else. Clark is not the one that ultimate executes the trade, contrary to what he or his manager believe.

At the end of the day, Geelong stands to gain far more from gaining Clark than Melbourne with eg Varcoe (he is injury prone, and will probably play at Byrnes level if in Melbourne)...it is in Geelong's best interests to make the deal work, especially since there are multiple teams that are trying to get Clark.

Agree with this 100%. If the Cats can't come up with a decent deal, them we'll deal with another club or let him walk into the draft where Collingwood or Saints etc can potentially pick him up.

I think as fans we do want to get something out of any trade for Clark, however, we feel burnt by this bloke and would be just as happy getting nothing in return if it means he doesn't get to his club of choice.

Lynden Dunn,

These "Keyboard Warriors" are the ones that are paying your wages, and those of Mitch Clark.

Goddamn right the "Keyboard Warriors" have a say, especially with the tripe you and your teammates have served up over the past 7 years. All of you would have been SACKED a long time ago if you worked in a traditional workplace.
Incredibly poor excuse for the behaviour on display in those replies. Yeah it sucks that it's played out like this, but some of that stuff is disgusting.
This is meant to be the MFC, not the Filth

Club has been so nice to him that it was left to Mick Malthouse to put forward how the club should feel.

Maybe its for the best till the trade is done. You need to tell Geelong that he is of the highest charachter to leverage the best deal.

tumblr_m4nvn2hyvF1r0cym8o3_250.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back