MLB Season 23

Remove this Banner Ad

Cubs won on opening day, 4-0.

Game started at 5:20AM and ended at 7:45AM. Take a few minutes as I am not completely accurate. So at a maximum it lasted 2 hours and 25 minutes. I have no doubt that that exact game last year would have had an extra 20-30 minutes added on top. The pitch clock is such a good addition.

Edit: 2 hours and 21 minutes.

Last edited:

Cubs won on opening day, 4-0.

Game started at 5:20AM and ended at 7:45AM. Take a few minutes as I am not completely accurate. So at a maximum it lasted 2 hours and 25 minutes. I have no doubt that that exact game last year would have had an extra 20-30 minutes added on top. The pitch clock is such a good addition.

Edit: 2 hours and 21 minutes.
Yankees game was the same 5-0 and done in 2.33, was hoping to listen to some on the drive into work, but game was done, prevous seasons wouldn't have been a issue

Good start for the Braves, a 7-2 win over the Nationals.

The Braves need to get off to a faster start this season, they've put too much pressure on themselves late in the season previously and it may have cost them last year.

Yeah had seen that. Truthfully not too worried, need him pitching later in the season, not particularly now.

thats true, you be hoping it aint too bad, they can take upto 3 months to recover fully

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Adley Rutschman. Good lord. I am definitely going to be watching Baltimore given their farming talent.
Rutschman went 5 for 5, Got on base 6 times (1 BB), 1 HR, 4 RBI, 8 total bases. Nuts

This might be the best thing that happened on opening day

Marlins/Mets just moved passed the 2 hour mark, bottom of the 8th. Probably not an exaggeration to say we would be close to the 3 hour mark if this was last year. The pitch clock won’t only be cutting 6-8 minutes on average. More like 20-40 minutes.

Absolutely crazy! When MLB was doing all these small changes to decrease the average times over the last few years, it would shave off 2-3 minutes of time. But this has been a massive difference.

Absolutely crazy! When MLB was doing all these small changes to decrease the average times over the last few years, it would shave off 2-3 minutes of time. But this has been a massive difference.
The pitcher timer is a good addition. But I guess it’s coming from the AFL
shot clock.
Pitchers take a while to breathe, adjust their hat, grip the ball, read the signal. THEN step off the plus to start it again.

Welcome to the MLB, Shintaro Fujinami... He started off so well in the first 2 innings for the A's, and then it all fell apart. Hope he bounces back next start.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back