Toast Morabito tracking thread

Remove this Banner Ad

a few people at the club starting to think he is actually *too big* and needs to drop some weight/muscle so his knee doesn't keep blowing out.
I wouldn't be surprised if the natural musculature of his legs place too much strain on his knees. He had massive thighs as a youngster.

Laurie Lawrence the former Olympic swimming coach found that Duncan Armstrong (gold medal swimmer ) had a "weak kicking action " when he was training him for the Russian Olympics so he made him go into the deep end of the pool and do an exercise that improved his core strength and strengthen his toes ,ankles and KNEES.
The exercise was going into the water and staying upright ,cross the arms across the chest with a 5kg weight in each hand and only kicking to stay afloat .
Armstrong got to the point of being able to do this for 20 minutes then after a one minute break go for another 20 minutes .
The exercise has 3 main benefits to the athlete .
1. The exercise is low impact on joints
2. The exercise strengthens all the joints from the toes to the hips .
3. strength is increased but no massive body weight increase restricting movement .
I got a young basket baller to try the exercise first without weights and then with small 2kg weights .
Without the weights he lasted 2 minutes . With the 2x 2kg weights he lasted 20 seconds at the first attempt .
He is 13 years of age and 204cm and was struggling with his joints being sore from his last growth "spert ".
After doing this exercise twice a week for the last month he now can go 2 minutes with the 2kgs.
His overall fitness has improved as has his strength more than twice the level before he started .
He has improved his vertical jump by 2 cms .

Laurie Lawrence the former Olympic swimming coach found that Duncan Armstrong (gold medal swimmer ) had a "weak kicking action " when he was training him for the Russian Olympics so he made him go into the deep end of the pool and do an exercise that improved his core strength and strengthen his toes ,ankles and KNEES.
The exercise was going into the water and staying upright ,cross the arms across the chest with a 5kg weight in each hand and only kicking to stay afloat .
Armstrong got to the point of being able to do this for 20 minutes then after a one minute break go for another 20 minutes .
The exercise has 3 main benefits to the athlete .
1. The exercise is low impact on joints
2. The exercise strengthens all the joints from the toes to the hips .
3. strength is increased but no massive body weight increase restricting movement .
I got a young basket baller to try the exercise first without weights and then with small 2kg weights .
Without the weights he lasted 2 minutes . With the 2x 2kg weights he lasted 20 seconds at the first attempt .
He is 13 years of age and 204cm and was struggling with his joints being sore from his last growth "spert ".
After doing this exercise twice a week for the last month he now can go 2 minutes with the 2kgs.
His overall fitness has improved as has his strength more than twice the level before he started .
He has improved his vertical jump by 2 cms .

204cm at 13!? :eek:.

bizzare that he is riding with his knee issues and muscle imbalances that are causing the injures but whatever

Just about the best thing you can do is ride when rehabilitating a knee. Given his form on the bike is good, which I'm sure the sports science gurus have seen to, he'll be smashing out the kms.

Windtrainer and netflix is your friend Mora :p

...His overall fitness has improved as has his strength more than twice the level before he started . He has improved his vertical jump by 2 cms .

204cm at 13yo - sweet Jesus that's an insane rate of growth! Are you sure he didn't just grow another 2cm in the middle of doing the jumping test?

204cm at 13yo - sweet Jesus that's an insane rate of growth! Are you sure he didn't just grow another 2cm in the middle of doing the jumping test?

He has just turned 13 and plays under 14's .
The other kids he is playing against come up to his belly button . His dad is 203 cm and Mum is 195 cm so they new he would be tall but even they are in shock because he is still growing . He wears size 14 gym boots now!!

Piss off. We already got coulda talking to him about a sporting change ;)
I asked his Dad if I could get him introduced to Sandi and he said he will make what Sandi has made for his whole career in 1 year in the NBL .
The 2 American Import players from the Rockingham Flames are coaching him and have already spoken to 3 NBA teams about College rostering him .BUGGER IT .:oops::(:drunk:

He has just turned 13 and plays under 14's .
The other kids he is playing against come up to his belly button . His dad is 203 cm and Mum is 195 cm so they new he would be tall but even they are in shock because he is still growing . He wears size 14 gym boots now!!
...how heavy is his dad?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just about the best thing you can do is ride when rehabilitating a knee. Given his form on the bike is good, which I'm sure the sports science gurus have seen to, he'll be smashing out the kms.

When players were trying to get over injuries for finals years ago they used to put them in the decompression tank on Garden Island .

Hey Medico's does anyone think this might help bone bruising .

sorry to intrude, I must be living under a rock but I had no idea about Anthony's latest plight, I feel absolutely gutted for the kid with everything he has had to endure, the latest setback leaves Anthony at the crossroads , I'd just like to pass on my support and any luck and I hope that Anthony remains upbeat and strong and things remarkably improve .

110 kgs ,Mom 83 kgs . Both were State League basket ballers .
Make sure he understands that college basketball is a scam built by billionaires that don't pay their players a cent and burn them out. He is required to play at full effort, for no reward, knowing that if he gets injured he is gone.

It's a scam. Get him into AFL football.

This is the perfect thread to bring it up, knee reconstruction required? Thanks, scholarship revoked. Three times? Are you kidding.

I asked his Dad if I could get him introduced to Sandi and he said he will make what Sandi has made for his whole career in 1 year in the NBL .
The 2 American Import players from the Rockingham Flames are coaching him and have already spoken to 3 NBA teams about College rostering him .BUGGER IT .:oops::(:drunk:

Bugger.

But I think you mean NBA. I do not think they get much more in the NBL. I am suspecting less actually.

But make sure you stay in his ear as a fallback plan. American basketball is extremely competitive :)

Make sure he understands that college basketball is a scam built by billionaires that don't pay their players a cent and burn them out. He is required to play at full effort, for no reward, knowing that if he gets injured he is gone.

It's a scam. Get him into AFL football.

This is the perfect thread to bring it up, knee reconstruction required? Thanks, scholarship revoked. Three times? Are you kidding.

Rockinham have 3 players currently on College lists in the USA . They regularly come to the games when they are home .
They have all watched the kid and are shocked at how good he is going .
The plan is for him to go up two age groups to get better competition for him to play against .

Rockinham have 3 players currently on College lists in the USA . They regularly come to the games when they are home .
They have all watched the kid and are shocked at how good he is going .
The plan is for him to go up two age groups to get better competition for him to play against .
I'm not questioning his talent or application. The system he is being funneled into has the games the young men play is as the valuable commodity, not the players.

The Morabito case will not be replicated in college basketball. He needs to understand that.

Bugger.

But I think you mean NBA. I do not think they get much more in the NBL. I am suspecting less actually.

But make sure you stay in his ear as a fallback plan. American basketball is extremely competitive :)

Yes NBA and I am there every week and sit with his Dad trying to push the idea of AFL and Freo .

What do you know , there I was posting about the Decompression tank and To Day To Night just had a special report about the benefits of the same tanks .

When players were trying to get over injuries for finals years ago they used to put them in the decompression tank on Garden Island .

Hey Medico's does anyone think this might help bone bruising .

My sister called me up to ask about that! I'm a med student but obviously I have a very limited scope of knowledge when it comes to sports medicine; it's not exactly essential stuff for me at the moment but I do read a fair bit of research as it interests me.

Hyperbaric Oxygen Treatment has its supporters, but realistically the scope and size of any trials that support it seems to be limited. They are probably at the Hail Mary stage right now though, so you never know.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back