General Bombers Talk More talk of changing the logo. Post your thoughts here.

What should we do with the logo?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Letter from the President: Brand research project​

President Dave Barham provides an update on the club's brand research project.
By essendonfc.com.au - 1 hr ago

To all our Fans and Members,

The Essendon Football Club has a proud history as one of the oldest clubs in the AFL and we have a strong recognisable brand.

We are conducting a preliminary research project which centres around the Essendon brand and its elements.

The research project is in its early phase. Members and supporters have been and will continue to be canvassed as part of this process, in addition to the engagement of multiple Essendon Football Club stakeholders.

We have a proud history of more than 150 years and a deep connection to our members and supporters. This is and will always be respected and embraced.

There is no immediate action to change the club logo or any elements of the club brand. This is a longer-term project with significant work to be completed.

We proudly recognise that our future legacy begins with our proud history.

We will always be called the Bombers.

- Dave Barham

^^^^
ROFL....I just went and had a browse through that thread on your board, jeez there seems to be some touchy ones over there.

I think it's quite clear now that you should change your allegiance from Port to the mighty red and black. They just don't understand you over there, gg...we are a much more welcoming bunch ;)

Essendon folk are very cool down to earth people, I've noticed for many years now. I dunno why that is exactly.

I've heard things like that said about our supporters quite often, and pretty much every time it's coming from supporters of interstate teams. Possibly it's the Sheedy legacy of getting out to some of the most remote corners of the country to promote our club. I'm not sure if that is the case but the interstaters have always been relatively good to Essendon fans from my experience. :thumbsu:

The rest of the Vics. obviously hate us, some of them even think our supporters belong in the chardonnay drinking scene, something that I don't quite understand. Granted, I have noticed over the years that we do seem to have less ferals than the Carlton, Collingwood and Richmonds of the world.

Ahh well gg, at least you have the solace of the NFL boards to turn to when the Port ones may get a bit too much to handle :cool:

It's cool. But i dont think it's strong enough an idea.

See, for a concept...'Bombers' is asking to be more sinister. While 'Power' is asking to be stronger.

Gladiator idea is a good one. I'm gonna try my hand at that later too.

I also gotta do the Anzac Magpies and do an enlarged version of the David Lynch Bomber.

This was a cool thread... did you ever end up doing a Pies ANZAC logo GG? ...and when are you going to make the admission that you're actually more keen on the Bombers than Port?

The current aggro play style should make us have a Suicide Bomber as our logo. :D GG it is now time for more of your artwork skillz!

For instance.....this is pretty un-PC like in a way....

skeeta1.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Teamwhore. :D

Lol. I prefer "team-hord". Maybe if West Sydney comes in as well I might add them as well. Maybe I can pick Essendon as well from the Vic contingency. And maybe the beleagured Fremantle team from WA as well. Surely one of those 6 would make the playoffs each season to "yay" about.

EDIT--There you go, fixed my profile.

Back