News Morton an Eagle for Pick 88

Remove this Banner Ad

Are we really entertaining the possibility of snatching Buddy from Hawthorn?

My mate sat next to Buddy's sister on a flight to Melbourne for the Grand Final weekend. When he asked her if Buddy would ever come home and play for the Eagles or Dockers, she replied with a resolute: "never".

Can't see it happening. Would take LeCras-Kennedy-Darling over Hawthorn's forward line any day. :cool:

Won't ever happen, to be honest an elite mid would make a much larger impact on our team then Franklin would.

Besides he won't come back to WA, too small for him.

It's hugely unlikely, I agree, but if we have retirements and thus cap space, we should be making an offer. You don't just pass on a chance to secure a top 5 player, regardless of how good your forward line is.

If he signs with the Hawks, Swallow senior is our target.

It's hugely unlikely, I agree, but if we have retirements and thus cap space, we should be making an offer. You don't just pass on a chance to secure a top 5 player, regardless of how good your forward line is.

If he signs with the Hawks, Swallow senior is our target.
There's no reason not trying. If we have a couple retirements we can free up some cash. Through it at buddy if that doesn't work then through it at swallow. Failing that there will definitely be somebody we could get we just wouldn't pay em as much eg 500,000 instead of a mill.
If we get/got a big fish like goddard, swallow or franklin we would be a serious team.

Fox replayed Saints V D's (R 4 or 5) last night.

D's were a rabble and the game was of a very low standard. Morton while not a dominator he showed a bit - certainly is kicking is first class. He only had inside roles as D's were unable to set up play. He didnt shirk contests at all. I can see him adding a bit in a Hill (Freo) type role.

Commentators said Cripps had another good game, he is hard at it, but I didnt see him as much as Morton - both did better than Watt.

Not sure either will start 2013 in the 22

Morton probably won't be encouraged to put on much weight, 87kg is probably enough. I'd say heis on the list to cover for embley, gaff and rosa. A direct replacement for Stevenson

correct me if im wrong, but free agency only applies to those who are outside the top 10 paid players at a club. players of that standard wont come to free agency

so the only way we will get buddy is a judd or ablett level player movement event, which are spectacularly rare.

correct me if im wrong, but free agency only applies to those who are outside the top 10 paid players at a club. players of that standard wont come to free agency

so the only way we will get buddy is a judd or ablett level player movement event, which are spectacularly rare.
After 10 years anyone is a full unrestricted free agent...

Goddard?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IMO Morton is an upgrade on Ebert. I hated the idea of getting Morton as he'd cost too much but for pick 88 - what a bargain.

Has a tonne of talent - elite 50m+ kick both sides of the body, great over head, huge tank, versatility as a HB-HF flanker/winger/utility.

Though also has some key areas that he needs to improve - his defensive mindset, size, strength, agility (runs/moves like a baby giraffe).

Hopefully WC can Josh Hill him.

sorry, thats putting your entire online rep on the line!

if franklin is in our side in 2014. we will be unstoppable but i highly doubt he'd come home.
Narr, my reps shot anyway. I did talk to someone who coaches and he did say to me that he knew someone who knew someone but it really means nothing at all..prolly beer talk.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back