News Morton an Eagle for Pick 88

Remove this Banner Ad

Morton won't get a bagging because we got him for nothing, nothing to lose for us,

Swift got a bagging because when teams draft a player 20 and under we expect it to go well and get frustrated when it fails.

That's the difference.
Cale the pick 88 if he fails, So what.

Do you think the multitude of 'fans' will care what we paid for him?

He'll get taunted for sure.

For sure it is. I'm mostly interested to see what the match committee thinks of him. If he plays well in the NAB cup will he be straight in the team? I wonder.

The NAB cup is going to be super important for a lot of players. With a full list to choose from we don't have very many spots available in the best 22 so those players on the fringe of selection in the best 18 to 30 range will be competing for a round one spot

On the subject of Morton and Melbourne - he started his career at a club whos main focus wasn't on winning and has struggled for focus in the five years he had there. Hardly an environment that would aid development

For sure it is. I'm mostly interested to see what the match committee thinks of him. If he plays well in the NAB cup will he be straight in the team? I wonder.

Look at our nab cup teams recently, they have included Broome, Weedon, Wilson, Stevenson, Stevens, Swift, Neates, and McInnes.

I think he's likely to get a run in the NAB Cup, as most seem to, aside fromt he older guys who ease back into it all, but it's really no indication of senior footy.

I also think Morton will cop it from fans regardless of how little he cost to acquire. I wonder how many fans will actually think of him as an Eagle and no as a cast off from another club.

Do you think the multitude of 'fans' will care what we paid for him?

He'll get taunted for sure.

Chad fletcher was promoted off the rookie list and made AA one year and there's still fans who bag the crap out of him

Chad fletcher was promoted off the rookie list and made AA one year and there's still fans who bag the crap out of him

I've never seen a player fall out of form/favour as fast and as drastically as Fletcher. At one point there were puff pieces in the HSun about how this quiet achiever rides a scooter and lives in the shadow of the stars yet is as important for our team as Cousins, Kerr, and Judd. Then within 18 months, people wanted him delisted.

Morton won't get a bagging because we got him for nothing, nothing to lose for us,

Swift got a bagging because when teams draft a player 20 and under we expect it to go well and get frustrated when it fails.

That's the difference.
Cale the pick 88 if he fails, So what.
I think our "supporters" just bag people who don't fit the requisite mold. Look at Swift, Smith and RoJo. They just look metro and at times unco. Our supporters don't seem to like that, regardless of draft position. I think he'll cop a pasting for heckups that others get away with.

I think our "supporters" just bag people who don't fit the requisite mold. Look at Swift, Smith and RoJo. They just look metro and at times unco. Our supporters don't seem to like that, regardless of draft position. I think he'll cop a pasting for ****ups that others get away with.

I dont think he will. The thing Morton has in his favour is that he comes with very little expectations. Masten was pick no 3 so obviously everyone was hoping for him to be a star straight away. Swift was seemingly a bargain and had the tag of "the best 16 year old in Australia" so people were again expecting him to come in and dominate.

Morton has the luxury of people not expecting him to dominate so imo supporters wont bag him out like they have other players

I dont think he will. The thing Morton has in his favour is that he comes with very little expectations. Masten was pick no 3 so obviously everyone was hoping for him to be a star straight away. Swift was seemingly a bargain and had the tag of "the best 16 year old in Australia" so people were again expecting him to come in and dominate.

Morton has the luxury of people not expecting him to dominate so imo supporters wont bag him out like they have other players

Good logical thinking.

The type of thinking that is sadly lacking in many of our supporters.

He'll get bagged. The masses love a good scapegoat/whipping boy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Honestly as far as the crowd bagging him goes, the ball is in his court so to speak.
If he comes in and shirks 1 contest form the get go, he will cop it until he is cut. It doesnt matter if he never shirks another contest in his whole time playing for us, the fans will have him pegged and labelled.

Needs to come in and immediately put his head over the footy to silence it. Then it will take time but the murmurs of him being a nancy boy will die down eventually.

Honestly as far as the crowd bagging him goes, the ball is in his court so to speak.
If he comes in and shirks 1 contest form the get go, he will cop it until he is cut. It doesnt matter if he never shirks another contest in his whole time playing for us, the fans will have him pegged and labelled.

Needs to come in and immediately put his head over the footy to silence it. Then it will take time but the murmurs of him being a nancy boy will die down eventually.

Josh Hill stood under a few high balls this season and people will still sook about him if we are losing. Some people are just easy targets.

Wellingham living it up with Buddy in LA at the moment , Halloween in a few days Sharrod and Buddy making the most of it , Wellingham with a Green Pumpkin on his head ! All is well but .

Yes Morton was a steal , cant believe we got Morton for 88 !

Josh Hill stood under a few high balls this season and people will still sook about him if we are losing. Some people are just easy targets.

Yeah you are right, but I think that would be limited to a small group of haters. I dont think Hill has been subject to the same taunting as Fletcher, RoJo & Masten.
But if Hill shirked it would of been much worse on the above mentioned levels.

Thats what I meant by murmurs that will die down eventually. Just as they have for Masten. Masten bashing (atleast where I sit) has gone down a lot in the last year, and if he keeps playing the way he does will eventually stop.

I'll cop s**t for this but... I wouldn't want Buddy in the team.

large

I'll cop s**t for this but... I wouldn't want Buddy in the team.
I can see where you're coming from. He would come at a huge cost to sit in a forward line that already functions as one of the best in the league. If we were going to spend that amount of money, I'd prefer an elite midfielder.

I can see where you're coming from. He would come at a huge cost to sit in a forward line that already functions as one of the best in the league. If we were going to spend that amount of money, I'd prefer an elite midfielder.

The hypothetical didn't say anything about how much it would cost. It just said that the poster would not want Lance Franklin to play football for this team which, even though all are entitled to their opinions, is pretty crazy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back