Dan Cooper

Victory Salute
Sep 26, 2013
Red Corner
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Boxing
Anthony Mundine's next bout is listed for Jan 29th at the Brisbane Entertainment Centre.

As yet an opponent has not been named.

Wonder how many rugby mates he can stack on the undercard. And how many free tickets will have to be given away to make the arena look even half-full like it was against Mosley.

Wonder how many rugby mates he can stack on the undercard. And how many free tickets will have to be given away to make the arena look even half-full like it was against Mosley.

Would love to see Blake Ferguson get hammered by another handpicked supposedly "loser" opponent.

A few names are being thrown around as possible Mundine opponents for Jan 29th.

Daniel Dawson's name keeps getting mentioned, and as much as he's no world beater, Dawson does hold a top #15 ranking with the WBA (currently 14th there I think?).

A big name is probably what Mundine needs.......Because when he gets dropped on his ass for the whole world to see he might just might quit

A big name is probably what Mundine needs.......Because when he gets dropped on his ass for the whole world to see he might just might quit

Mundine said going into the Mosely fight that if he lost that would be it for him. But we all know from past experience not to believe a word that comes out of his mouth.

Mundines going to fight a spud, and the undercard will be full of spuds and mismatches.

Guy is a complete hack. Any ounce of respect I had for him for making the walk to the ring was dashed after his demeanor after the last Danny Green fight.
He's not even on Danny's level, let alone worthy of another rematch. He was soundly beaten and the only person in the world that thinks he won is himself.

Mundines going to fight a spud, and the undercard will be full of spuds and mismatches.

Guy is a complete hack. Any ounce of respect I had for him for making the walk to the ring was dashed after his demeanor after the last Danny Green fight.
He's not even on Danny's level, let alone worthy of another rematch. He was soundly beaten and the only person in the world that thinks he won is himself.

Do you think Danny Green won that fight ?
I'm from Perth and its pretty obvious he is pretty well liked over here. I think everyone can agree that Mundine won that fight even Green has said that. In the end Green had to lose a lot of weight which obviously cost him the fight. In the letter Green wrote to Mundine it says that Mundine ducked out the re-match. Mundine had to come up in weight I believe. The rest of your post I fully agree. :thumbsu:

You must be referring to the Daniel Geale fight in January this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mundines going to fight a spud, and the undercard will be full of spuds and mismatches...

The second part is almost a given. But with less than 4 weeks til the Jan 29th fight date, and no announcement yet of an opponent, it looks more and more likely Mundine will fight a lesser known opponent.

Mundine's Jan 29th opponent has been named as American Carson Jones.

I assume Jones is ranked top 15 by the WBC? I don't think the IBF or WBA rank him at light middleweight.

Carson Jones is a 27 year old from Oklahoma with a 35 wins from 50 fights record. His 25 KO wins show he can hit. But his 10 losses demonstrate he is also very beatable.

Hopefully a good fight. Mundine has fought far worse guys than Jones.

Anyone even care?

Not the Herald Sun that's for sure >

SO HAVE you heard the latest on Anthony Mundine's next opponent?

You know, the guy Choc promised us all would be top 15. Maybe top 10. A fighter with the type of reputation who, The Man has shouted in one proclamation after another, would inch him closer to that megafight with Floyd 'Money' Mayweather.
A genuine contender by the name of ... err, Carson Jones.

"This fight is less appealing than Aussie Joe Bugner in bike pants".

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/b...r-brisbane-fight/story-fni2urrv-1226795297662

No one wants to fight him they are scared and still haven't gotten over his 9/11 comments

Found a picture of this Carson Jones character >

article-2169720-13F3E606000005DC-513_306x423.jpg

So much for Carson Jones - he has withdrawn from the Jan 29th bout sighting injury - and replaced with Billy Lyell.

Lyell is a journeyman was has lost a third of his fights and hasn't fought for a year.

If Mundine were to lose to somebody like Lyell it would be curtains.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back