thegoldenbear

Team Captain
Feb 8, 2001
In the cyber woods
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
I went to my first game this year on Saturday night and I loved the Saints theme song "remix" being played before they come onto the ground right before the bounce. I believe it's just the opening drums with over and over again with a slight twist. I can't really remember because I kept saying to my mate "How good is this build up?".

Is there anywhere I can download that to use as my ringtone?

I love it, it's so simple yet so effective. I actually recorded a little bit of it on Saturday night but there's clapping and people talking over it. :$

I'm not sure where you can download it as a ringtone but I'll fiddle around and see if I can extend the intro of our song. I've wanted to get my hands on the extended version ever since I heard it.

Might be worth asking the club on twitter or facebook if they could make it available?

This was a good touch.

Also really, really love the 45-second countdown, displaying all the players one at a time with the heartbeat thumping through the stadium. Gives me chills

I love it, it's so simple yet so effective. I actually recorded a little bit of it on Saturday night but there's clapping and people talking over it. :$

I'm not sure where you can download it as a ringtone but I'll fiddle around and see if I can extend the intro of our song. I've wanted to get my hands on the extended version ever since I heard it.

Don't know about anyone else, but man I hate it when people start clapping at the wrong time or in the wrong time signature. :p

Off topic, but this song would sound pretty good before our home games I reckon.

Not to replace the traditional song of course, maybe just something that could be played around the ground before home games :). Maybe edit it and make the first verse half as long.

Original Version

U2/Greenday version

Off topic, but this song would sound pretty good before our home games I reckon.

Not to replace the traditional song of course, maybe just something that could be played around the ground before home games :). Maybe edit it and make the first verse half as long.

Original Version

U2/Greenday version

They did this in NZ and against Essendon, I think, and it sounded fantastic.

Gold Coast could play Run to Paradise by Choirboys

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You guys know that song is about losing people to war and conflict right and not exactly a positive thing.

*plays every breath you take/i will always love you at wedding

Yeah, hearing "The Saints Are Coming" before the game was really, really amazing. Been wanting to hear this happen for years and it didn't disappoint!

But I agree that the rest of the song is a bit unfortunate... We need to either re-write the verses or just rip that chorus out and build a more suitable song around it! Because there's not much more epic than the team running out onto the field while the speakers blast The Saints... Are Coming!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back