buddymania

All Australian
Sep 22, 2008
ESPN
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
NYG, Chicago Bulls
I just picked up a 360 to play the AFL game so I am looking for recommendations of some games to get.

My list so far:

AFL live (got it)
NBA 2k11
Fifa 11
Madden 11

After that im not sure what to get. Also should I just pick up the 2010 cheap copy of the above games and then wait until the 2012 versions come out which is soon i guess?

Red Dead Redemption
COD 4 (even for the SP) and its cheap these days
AC series (1st one gets boring, but need to finish to follow story)
Gears of War series

Can't go wrong with any of those

I would get a copy of NBA 2K11 for sure, the Jordan challenges are a lot of fun.

Fifa is always good. Madden i haven't played in years

Really depends on what genres you're into.

By the looks of it your a sports fan. Don't bother getting 2K10, either get 2K11 or none. 2K11 is by far the best basketball game available and alot better than 2K10, plus you can use Jordan!

Also, same as above, give Red Dead a go too. Extremely fun game. And if you're into puzzles, Portal 2 is your best friend :thumbsu: :p

Haha you got a console just to get AFL. Oh well.

My must have games available on 360

Portal 2 (puzzle/fps)
NBA 2K11 (sports)
Marvel vs. Capcom 3 (fighting)
GTA: Episodes from Liberty City (action. Better than GTA4 but shorter)
Battlefield Bad Company 2 (fps)
Red Dead Redemption (action. GTA but in the wild west. Much better than GTA4/episodes IMO)

Just look them up and decide if you'd like them. Portal 2 although it's a puzzle game, and many people groan when you talk puzzle games they think of Tetris, it's very immersive.
Black ops is pretty fun if you just want a quick easy online experience and have mates that play it.

As far as Madden goes you could pretty much throw a blanket over all of them since 09. NBA 2k11 is the best sports game so far. FIFA I don't care much for TBH (and I'm a soccer fan).

My advice is give different genres a go, you'll be surprised at how a good game of any genre can suck you in.

Marvel vs capcom is garbage. SSF4 is ALOT better.

Well I disagree, two different games though. Personally I enjoy Mvc3 a lot more, SSF4 is very good but MVC3 is much more fun.

Mass Effect 1 and 2 are also gems, although ME1 is a bit flawed. I forgot about them since I was thinking about the PS3 games I like that are on xbox, completely overlooking PC games also on Xbox (since I have ME1/2 on PC).

Mass Effect 1 & 2, Gears of War 1 & 2, Halo 3\Reach

Xbox Arcade : Shadow Complex, Braid, Spolsion Man

Could keep going but what genre do you prefer?
I didn't get Shadow Complex but i think i might have to grab it, also have a go at Trials HD and Limbo.

Didn't finish Gears 1(found it a chore and couldn't go on), i had more fun in the first 30 mins of Gears 2 than the whole of 1 :(

Also look at Alan Wake and Splinter Cell Conviction.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I didn't get Shadow Complex but i think i might have to grab it, also have a go at Trials HD and Limbo.

Didn't finish Gears 1(found it a chore and couldn't go on), i had more fun in the first 30 mins of Gears 2 than the whole of 1 :(

Also look at Alan Wake and Splinter Cell Conviction.

Gears gets better as you go, enjoyed it a lot myself. Shadow is awesome, one of the best arcade games you can get. Similar to Metroid with the side scrolling shooter. Yeah I enjoyed Alan Wake as well, only downside was the bad guys get a bit repetitive.

AC series (1st one gets boring, but need to finish to follow story)
I dunno about that. The first is SO repetitive that I don't think it's even close to being worth playing it just for the story.

It might come into relevance with the newest AC this year, but AC2 and ACB taking completely different paths really don't hark back all that much to AC1 and needing to know the story. The good thing about AC2 is as well that it gives a very nice overview of the AC1 story.

Probably recommend Bioshock myself as nobody else has mentioned it. Very impressive FPS, very old school but has some really cool features in it. Superb story and very good atmosphere.

Also would recommend the Dead Space series. Both are great games and dripping in atmosphere, probably the best horror titles currently out this gen (on consoles).

Could keep going but what genre do you prefer?

I'm not really sure. I haven't really played many games, i've only really played sports games.

Thanks guys i'll pick up a few of these games to see if I like any of them :thumbsu:

CoD - Maybe wait for the new one, if not MW2 or Black Ops, MW2 is better imo and alot of people agree
FIFA - The 2nd best sports game going around, good graphics and just runs so smoothly.
NBA 2K - The best sports game, if not the best game. Great fun even if you don't like bball.
AFL Live - Not the best game at all but a footy game is a footy game.

CoD - Maybe wait for the new one, if not MW2 or Black Ops, MW2 is better imo and alot of people agree
FIFA - The 2nd best sports game going around, good graphics and just runs so smoothly.
NBA 2K - The best sports game, if not the best game. Great fun even if you don't like bball.
AFL Live - Not the best game at all but a footy game is a footy game.
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
u mad bro? Many BigFooty posters have either stopped playing Black Ops or gone back to MW2, I remember when I mainly played MW2 (June-July-August-September) most of the BigFooty players still played and even if they didn't like it still played.

agree with sacka

CoD4 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>WAW >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Bops>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>MW2

u mad bro? Many BigFooty posters have either stopped playing Black Ops or gone back to MW2, I remember when I mainly played MW2 (June-July-August-September) most of the BigFooty players still played and even if they didn't like it still played.
Just because they stopped playing Black Ops doesn't mean MW2 is better, and a handfull of BF guys going back to MW2 isn't "many".

RPG: Mass Effect 2, Fallout 3 Game of the Year Edition, Lost Odyssey.
Puzzle: Portal, Portal 2.
Racing: Split Second.
FPS: Metro 2033, Bioshock, Orange Box.
Action: Batman: Arkham Asylum, Assassin's Creed 2 & Brotherhood.
Third Person Shooter: Alan Wake, Vanquish, Red Dead Redemption.
Downloadable: Braid, Limbo.

My favorite games this generation that aren't PS3 exclusive.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back