NAB Challenge 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

That might be what you want but i can guarantee irs not what horse wants, he wants to shield his major assets until the real stuff begins and wont jeapordise the season. Sydney are probably the biggest instigators for making the pre season a complete joke and the reason it needs to be fixed.

Well of the 12 players listed only 12 to 14 are definite starters.

That might be what you want but i can guarantee irs not what horse wants, he wants to shield his major assets until the real stuff begins and wont jeapordise the season. Sydney are probably the biggest instigators for making the pre season a complete joke and the reason it needs to be fixed.
Instigating what exactly?

They are warm up games. It's not even a competition any more and stop hoping for it to be. Watch the games you want to watch and if they are boring don't watch!
Make it like olympic soccer, an U23 comp where you can play 7 overaged players each match.. its only the kids that anyone wants to see, and the kids who are fighting for a spot round 1 will be going hanger and tongs to impress where the older players just go through the motions.
Why restrict it? If teams want to play several older players as a proper match then let them. If they want to play exclusive kids them let them.

It's never going to be breath taking entertainment and with a 22 round season it's really unfair on the players and greedy if you want it to be. 22 rounds of the real stuff should be enough.

The Dees have got Port, Bulldogs and Saints and more than anything I just want to see us play risky and fast footy and score. We've got some really good competitors on our list and I reckon come round one we can play hard defensive footy and make it difficult for GWS, but if we aren't running and attacking we don't stand a chance.

I'm excited for the kids and excited to test out a range of slightly older guys who should give us some depth options that are better than quite a few teams. I really want to see a 3rd and even 4th goal kicker emerge because after Hogan and Garlett we just don't have another reliable path to goal yet.

The Dees have got Port, Bulldogs and Saints and more than anything I just want to see us play risky and fast footy and score. We've got some really good competitors on our list and I reckon come round one we can play hard defensive footy and make it difficult for GWS, but if we aren't running and attacking we don't stand a chance.

I'm excited for the kids and excited to test out a range of slightly older guys who should give us some depth options that are better than quite a few teams. I really want to see a 3rd and even 4th goal kicker emerge because after Hogan and Garlett we just don't have another reliable path to goal yet.

Um, I hate to break this to you but your coach is Paul Roos.

Um, I hate to break this to you but your coach is Paul Roos.
Goodwin in charge of game plan and gameday coaching as of end of last year.

Same as Horse in the year before he was appointed.

Goodwin in charge of game plan and gameday coaching as of end of last year.

Same as Horse in the year before he was appointed.

Yes but Horse followed a very similar gameplan to what Roos was using, as did Ross Lyon when he was at the Swans and moved to St Kilda and then Fremantle. Roos tends to create copies of himself in his assistant coaches.

Instigating what exactly?

They are warm up games. It's not even a competition any more and stop hoping for it to be. Watch the games you want to watch and if they are boring don't watch!
Why restrict it? If teams want to play several older players as a proper match then let them. If they want to play exclusive kids them let them.

It's never going to be breath taking entertainment and with a 22 round season it's really unfair on the players and greedy if you want it to be. 22 rounds of the real stuff should be enough.

I am fine with that, but lets stop pretending its a competition and calling it a cup.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes but Horse followed a very similar gameplan to what Roos was using, as did Ross Lyon when he was at the Swans and moved to St Kilda and then Fremantle. Roos tends to create copies of himself in his assistant coaches.
Except it's already been stated numerous times that Goodwin is looking to focus on quick ball movement which has been a focus of the pre-season.

Super classy player. Moves like simon black. Did i read somewhere he had a little niggle?

Early on but hasn't missed a session since Christmas.

Might go to Carlton vs Essendon at Princes Park to see how it was in "the olden days". But in general don't give a s**t about the pre-season and who wins. It's called pre-season for a reason.

Really looking forward to the NAB challenge this year, for a couple of reasons -

-Interested to see what position we decide to play Jetta.
-How we fit Mackenzie into the gameplan
-See how Duggan is tracking after his PCL last season.

Not expecting brilliant football from west coast this early and i hope we see some of the new draftees.

League-wide, just interested in seeing players like Dangerfield,Treloar,Yarren etc at their new clubs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back