Name a Conservative Success Story

Remove this Banner Ad

May 13, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
What have conservatives actually done? Is there anything?

Inevitably Howard banning guns in Australia will get a run. :whitecheck:

But is there anything else?

Did Howard/Abbott/Turnbull/Morrison achieve anything of note?

Did Boris achieve anything?

Did Trump achieve anything?

When they write the history of the conservative story what success stories will they write about?

When they write the history of the conservative story what success stories will they write about?
We probably needed a gst.

Boris, Trump and Morrison aren't traditional conservative politicians

IMO They are grifters who took advantage of people who lean towards authoritarian leaders who cant understand any better.

The GST?
It was a pretty major reform.
I would also add the Future Fund. At least they retained some of the mining windfall to cover future government liabilities.

It is quite ironic now given how much energy future LNP governments have committed to watering down personal super.

Better task - Name a conservative success story from the past 10 years. I honestly can't see any way they've improved the country, or even attempted to improve the country.

Relaxed Bank lending rules in the middle of a pandemic, Creating a property price boom.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The ABS had an interesting stat today, and I can't help but think that these are all pretty conservative suburbs, and yet plainly supported and celebrate such a great man of history, so they must be doing something right.

The ABS had an interesting stat today, and I can't help but think that these are all pretty conservative suburbs, and yet plainly supported and celebrate such a great man of history, so they must be doing something right.

i want to hear all of their opinion on the voice to parliament

the aquaduct, sanitation, medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, a fresh water system, and public health.

How do you know none of those things were progressive in their time?

Are conservatives becoming more conservative? Many of the loudest seem to actually want to not only halt change, but wind it back. Pining for the 1600s when men were men and women were chattel.

Classy - aren't these clowns meant to oppose cancel culture?

"Big W has announced it has stripped Welcome to Sex from shelves in its retail outlets and moved sales to online only, after staff members were abused."

"Big W has announced it has stripped Welcome to Sex from shelves in its retail outlets and moved sales to online only, after staff members were abused."

Banning books?

Intimidating workers?

Sticking to what they know I guess. Yesteryear's "libertarian" was yesterday's alt right, is today's Qanon. You'd think people allegedly concerned about child grooming would support a book that educates on consent.

Banning books?

Intimidating workers?

Sticking to what they know I guess. Yesteryear's "libertarian" was yesterday's alt right, is today's Qanon. You'd think people allegedly concerned about child grooming would support a book that educates on consent.
When were they concerned about child grooming? Pell is one of their heroes

For f*ck's sake. When I was in grade 5 I got to read a book called Where Did I Come From? That was about puberty and sex and all that. Can't really remember any furor about it.

This is it;

For f*ck's sake. When I was in grade 5 I got to read a book called Where Did I Come From? That was about puberty and sex and all that. Can't really remember any furor about it.

This is it;

Nothing make sense when your aspiration is MAGA on Lake Burley Griffin, it's just monkey see, monkey do for these jabbering fools.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back