chikka ferguson...................89............5.........94
nqtragic.............................84............6.........90
NorWest.............................84...........6.........90
justabaraker........................84...........4.........88
billybunter...........................83...........5.........88
Lifes a beach 1....................83............5........88
stuyd1................................81...........6........87
brewser..............................75............6........81

Its been an amazing year at the top end with the top 6 already set with two games remaining. Only two games seperate the top five teams so the order could change dramatically over the next fortnight.
Probably the only real surprise across the season has been how low Southport has sunk, you would think plenty of changes to come over the 2015 pre-season for the Shark.
Should be a great finals series and I think that any of the top five has a real chance to take it out.

Its been an amazing year at the top end with the top 6 already set with two games remaining. Only two games seperate the top five teams so the order could change dramatically over the next fortnight.
Probably the only real surprise across the season has been how low Southport has sunk, you would think plenty of changes to come over the 2015 pre-season for the Shark.
Should be a great finals series and I think that any of the top five has a real chance to take it out.

Southport's position is only a surprise to those who aren't aware of their massive injury list.

Southport's position is only a surprise to those who aren't aware of their massive injury list.

Correct yesterday. A week ago against thunder only 23 of the list of 35 available. Rookie listed players also n/a. And the injured list included several key players. What it has exposed though is that probably players ranked 30-35 not quite there at this stage so I'm sure the sharks will look to improve depth for 2015 and hopefully get Kiel brewer screech collison etc back and firing

Depends on which players are injured of course - 12 players is a third of your list but would suggest every club around Aust has this situation at this stage of the year. if 6 of your best 8 are up and about still then really there shouldn't be too many excuses and if the list depth is questionable then what the hell was happening in summer bc there was a cast of thousands training wasn't there?

Depends on which players are injured of course - 12 players is a third of your list but would suggest every club around Aust has this situation at this stage of the year. if 6 of your best 8 are up and about still then really there shouldn't be too many excuses and if the list depth is questionable then what the hell was happening in summer bc there was a cast of thousands training wasn't there?

SMY,
very true, but in Southports defence, they did loose 4 of their top 8 early in the season, and these injuries were season ending. Then half way thru the season lost 2 or 3 more players with season ending injuries that were good regular players...... they really have been decimated this season with these injuries.They have 9 Broadbeach players on their list, and early in the season 5 of these Broady players were regular selections,,, with the other 4 playing for Broady... but because of their injury list, these other 4 Broady players have been playing for Southport over the past 5 weeks.Such is the case, but in addition it doesn't help Broady field a top side in the QAFL. Very frustrating for both clubs. !!!

Remembering the QAFL article a few weeks back they had a section 'players used'. Morningside were the healthiest having used 35 in the seniors with sandgate having used 51.

If my memory serves me correctly I don't think southport have used more than their list of 35 this season. A similar article regarding the neafl would be interesting.

Remembering the QAFL article a few weeks back they had a section 'players used'. Morningside were the healthiest having used 35 in the seniors with sandgate having used 51.

If my memory serves me correctly I don't think southport have used more than their list of 35 this season. A similar article regarding the neafl would be interesting.

"Players Used' is almost the dominating stat in a clubs success for the season - obviously injury is one issue but it also reflects poor form and the requirement to rotate players in to gauge their ability to play at NEAFL level & lack of ability to get continuity in your side week to week.

See the numbers below and then match them to current ladder position - I didnt bother with AFL clubs as their stats are corrupted with top up situation.

NT Thunder - 2nd (35)
Aspley - 4th (32)
Redland - 5th (33)
Ainslie - 6th (31)
Syd Uni - 7th (36)
Southport - 8th (35)
SydHills Eagles 9th (39)
Belconnen 11th (43)
Qybn 12th (42)
Eastlake - 13th (42)

Interesting that all 3 struggling Canberra clubs have well & truly tipped over the edge of 'Players Used' barometer where you can seriously be competitive

My Eagles are well and truly at tipping point also - think anywhere on or over 35-36 you are pushing your luck & you will find the same formula works at AFL level also - if you are low 30s or below its 'hello' finals time

Good luck to all those in finals in 2014

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"Players Used' is almost the dominating stat in a clubs success for the season - obviously injury is one issue but it also reflects poor form and the requirement to rotate players in to gauge their ability to play at NEAFL level & lack of ability to get continuity in your side week to week.

See the numbers below and then match them to current ladder position - I didnt bother with AFL clubs as their stats are corrupted with top up situation.

NT Thunder - 2nd (35)
Aspley - 4th (32)
Redland - 5th (33)
Ainslie - 6th (31)
Syd Uni - 7th (36)
Southport - 8th (35)
SydHills Eagles 9th (39)
Belconnen 11th (43)
Qybn 12th (42)
Eastlake - 13th (42)

Interesting that all 3 struggling Canberra clubs have well & truly tipped over the edge of 'Players Used' barometer where you can seriously be competitive

My Eagles are well and truly at tipping point also - think anywhere on or over 35-36 you are pushing your luck & you will find the same formula works at AFL level also - if you are low 30s or below its 'hello' finals time

Good luck to all those in finals in 2014

Its a damn shame/criminal that a certain club, which I am a supporter of, don't give all 35 players on the list a go .....at least ONE game to prove themselves. When there's no reserves and no-one at the clubs cares enough to watch a QAFL Games how are these passionate players of the game ever going to make it back to the NEAFL.

Correct yesterday. A week ago against thunder only 23 of the list of 35 available. Rookie listed players also n/a. And the injured list included several key players. What it has exposed though is that probably players ranked 30-35 not quite there at this stage so I'm sure the sharks will look to improve depth for 2015 and hopefully get Kiel brewer screech collison etc back and firing
So where does the responsiblity fall for this? In my opinion there are more issues than simply just this.

Yeah agree LAB - pretty ordinary excuse imo for drop in form - 12 players isn't alot in reality when you are supposed to be at the elite level.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back