New Club Academies - Richmond Zone

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm confused,it says it's for kids from non-traditional,diverse and indigenous backgrounds.That sounds ok,but what if little Johnny Whitey wants to have a kick with his mates who are diverse,non-traditional and indigenous does he get told to piss off from the academy?Looks good on paper but probably another bullshit AFL can of worms.

I live in Tatura. All I can say is, got home from work and explained to the young fella we now lived in a Richmond zone, he was stoked. Hope it provides us with something.

Also, massive Sudanese population in Shepparton. Biggest outside of, someone help me, is it Noble Park down in Melbs? Heaps of the Sudanese kids are playing sport. If we can jag a couple of them we'd be laughing. And the membership explosion if someone makes it!!
I'm a Murchison boy. Played with tatura a bit myself.
Yep, burgeoning multicultural population in Shepp these days. Always love getting back 'home' even though we had to sell 2000 acres of family farmland last month up there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm a Murchison boy. Played with tatura a bit myself.
Yep, burgeoning multicultural population in Shepp these days. Always love getting back 'home' even though we had to sell 2000 acres of family farmland last month up there.
Played for Seymour and Nagambie at various stages.Played against Les Bamblet (Lemnos) just before Melbourne nabbed him.One thing in our favor is we have Rumbulara to keep an eye on any up and coming indigenous kids

Played for Seymour and Nagambie at various stages.Played against Les Bamblet (Lemnos) just before Melbourne nabbed him.One thing in our favor is we have Rumbulara to keep an eye on any up and coming indigenous kids
Nagambie?????? The enemy. Remember Hoppers-Lakers games being very 'earnest'.
Yeah Rumba has been great for indigenous sportspeople.

Nagambie?????? The enemy. Remember Hoppers-Lakers games being very 'earnest'.
Yeah Rumba has been great for indigenous sportspeople.
Yep,Both "Neighbours" games(Avenel) had that extra spice to it although against Avenel it was more of a spiced up grudge match.lol

I'm confused,it says it's for kids from non-traditional,diverse and indigenous backgrounds.That sounds ok,but what if little Johnny Whitey wants to have a kick with his mates who are diverse,non-traditional and indigenous does he get told to piss off from the academy?Looks good on paper but probably another bullshit AFL can of worms.
I'd say its pretty simple, its for getting players who would not normally be in the AFL system, so if they aren't playing for a junior AFL team then they would be fair game.

I'd say its pretty simple, its for getting players who would not normally be in the AFL system, so if they aren't playing for a junior AFL team then they would be fair game.
But surely if they are talented enough they would be picked up by their u/18 rep side which means open to all clubs?Just don't get it how it works.

They would be having to play AFL at a junior level to get picked for an U18 side, this is for identifying kids well before this stage
How about we just let the kids at that age just enjoy the game.If they are good enough they will make it through the current system.Why fix something that isn't broken?

I would imagine we'll have to build a up our talent there. But it includes a lot of indigenous kids, and some non-traditional (whatever that means). I would hope what the club did was look at the stats and managed to get the area that had the highest proportion of kids, but the lowest proportion of currently drafted kids. Means that there is more scope to get winners. Looks a good area to me. But then what do I know?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back