Teams New England Patriots - The Pats

Remove this Banner Ad

We've had a couple of them this season. It's been a fairly jammy 10-0 in truth, but I'm not complaining.
I have NFI what they were trying to attempt with the game plan. It was obvious what the Bills were doing. That should have been a death by a thousand cuts response by the Pats. Meh, onto Denver.

Well, I never tire of watching the Patriots win but I'll confess, Rex's tirades and inferiority complex is wildly entertaining.

He didn't fail to deliver on all counts today, the bitterness in his post match presser was delish. :D

It will be a slog until we this o line sorted and get some of these guys back. I really hope sooner rather than later. Our offense is majorly impacted and it shows. Our D deserves credit for keeping us in these games. If you actually think about who we've actually got in our secondary this year they are definitely over achieving. The rest of the D has been great and we are still missing Collins. I'm hoping he gets back this week, no idea of his actual status. Yet here we are 10-0! Crazy stuff these past couple of weeks. I'm not complaining, injuries are just bad luck and its great we can push on while other teams fall off a cliff with similar injury troubles. Just need to scrap our way along till we get some guys back. The Bills should have absolutely beaten us on MNF. Rex pulled out his wrinkled non SB kissing prime time game pants, Ray Hernandez Lewis even made a special appearance and gave the Bills a pre game pep talk ffs!(http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/12/22/5236896/legarrette-blount-ray-lewis-dance-gif):D:p Meanwhile we had hit critical mass on O and they STILL couldn't win!..... and you get people thinking this is the NORM afc east bore fest HA!! Denver was supposed to be a season high Brady Manning rating and highlight bonanza, but its shaped up to be a totally different contest. A defensive slog is my guess. Pats historically have trouble in Denver no matter who the QB, on a short week to boot, but its not impossible to imagine this group pulling out a win. Which is an absolutely crazy notion in itself that everyone takes for granted.

Last edited:
It will be a slog until we this o line sorted and get some of these guys back. I really hope sooner rather than later. Our offense is majorly impacted and it shows. Our D deserves credit for keeping us in these games. If you actually think about who we've actually got in our secondary this year they are definitely over achieving. The rest of the D has been great and we are still missing Collins. I'm hoping he gets back this week, no idea of his actual status. Yet here we are 10-0! Crazy stuff these past couple of weeks. I'm not complaining, injuries are just bad luck and its great we can push on while other teams fall off a cliff with similar injury troubles. Just need to scrap our way along till we get some guys back. The Bills should have absolutely beaten us on MNF. Rex pulled out his wrinkled non SB kissing prime time game pants, Ray Hernandez Lewis even made a special appearance and gave the Bills a pre game pep talk ffs!(http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/12/22/5236896/legarrette-blount-ray-lewis-dance-gif):D:p Meanwhile we had hit critical mass on O and they STILL couldn't win!..... and you get people thinking this is the NORM afc east bore fest HA!! Denver was supposed to be a season high Brady Manning rating and highlight bonanza, but its shaped up to be a totally different contest. A defensive slog is my guess. Pats historically have trouble in Denver no matter who the QB, on a short week to boot, but its not impossible to imagine this group pulling out a win. Which is an absolutely crazy notion in itself that everyone takes for granted.
Why are they overachieving? Butler has had more exposure and coaching and Logan Ryan seems to have improved his game mightily. McCourty is probably the best FS in the NFL right now (Earl Thomas just isn't Earl Thomas right now) and Chung has carried over his good form from 2014. Throw Roberts and possibly Tarrell Brown back into the 2016 mix and suddenly, the Pats D is strong on every level. Nickel and Dime packages need a little more talent, but there's every reason to be optimistic about what BB is building on D.

Why are they overachieving? Butler has had more exposure and coaching and Logan Ryan seems to have improved his game mightily. McCourty is probably the best FS in the NFL right now (Earl Thomas just isn't Earl Thomas right now) and Chung has carried over his good form from 2014. Throw Roberts and possibly Tarrell Brown back into the 2016 mix and suddenly, the Pats D is strong on every level. Nickel and Dime packages need a little more talent, but there's every reason to be optimistic about what BB is building on D.

Ryan and Bulter are not Revis and Browner thou

Coleman had been a surprise packet...Melvin sucks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ryan and Bulter are not Revis and Browner thou

Coleman had been a surprise packet...Melvin sucks
You're right. Butler isn't Revis (mind you, he appears to be in a rapid decline) but Ryan has been better than Browner. Both are playing as well as we could have hoped for. The issue is the depth.

My point exactly. Other than McCourty put those guys in another defense and see how well they do. The sky was falling with the secondary this off-season and they have all done better than expected. Chung lol that guy has played lights out mostly all year. Chung! Buttler is way better than expected and the others have done enough. I did say over not underachieving. No complaints. How many first round picks we got back there?

My point exactly. Other than McCourty put those guys in another defense and see how well they do. The sky was falling with the secondary this off-season and they have all done better than expected. Chung lol that guy has played lights out mostly all year. Chung! Buttler is way better than expected and the others have done enough. I did say over not underachieving. No complaints. How many first round picks we got back there?
I'm not sure I see your point. The point of good coaching is to maximise the ability of your players. For coaching and simple improvement, the secondary has come on tremendously. Plus, the first rounders are invested in the front 7, which I have no problem with at all. The Patriots now possess one of the best front 7's in the NFL.

WOW the look on Brady's face when Gronk went down with that apparent knee injury. Hope Gronk is ok, never want to see a player go down and definitely not one like him.
Gronk is the difference between a Super Bowl and no Super Bowl. It's really that cut and dry.

If Brady wins SB50 from here he deserves the Presidential Medal of Freedom as well.

What a shitty day.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back