Teams New England Patriots - The Pats

Remove this Banner Ad

Only seen the first half of the Jets game so far.

Only off by small margins but it makes a huge difference. A few drops, about 3 near interceptions. A bit sloppy (both sides) but still entertaining.

**** off!!

I have always respected the Pats cause they WIN and are professional.

Just because i do not enjoy watching them play purely for entertainment purposes does not mean i do not admire how well drilled and professional they are from the lowest rung to the top of their internal team ladder.

o_O… more like.. :D:p

1c7627cf23cd50e0fc440e7e1ce071fb.jpg

Doesn't take much to realise that NOT needing to imitate Dan Marino or be the next Randall Cunningham is something that gets to to the Big Dance but more about EXPLOITING the opposition on their weaknesses and that's why the Pats are SMARTEST TEAM. Brady just does his job. His WR's/ TE's do their job… he racks up the yards on his stats sheet.. high percentage options will continue to work. I find that trying to be a Warren Moon type gun slinger is all about entertaining the masses. Brady doesn't give a flying F about the masses. No wonder Chism says the Patriots are boring to watch. Chism didn't understand what exploiting the opposition is all about. (Funnily enough, Chism picked NE as his 3XKO… so I think the penny has dropped):eek:. That's the business secret of winning in this league. Let the gunslingers entertain the masses and maybe, just maybe have a 'good day' when it counts but when it comes down to 'consistency' … you don't need to be a 3-109 calibre team with the hype. That 3-109 stat doesn't surprise me one iota.

Woodson and Chism are welcome to come in here and entertain us anytime! :D

Well said though Woodson. Coaching System Schemes and the fruit will grow naturally. Don't have to be other worldly talented to succeed in a Patriots team, its been proven year after year. Its just a well disciplined team with a group of players playing schemes built to fit them and their strengths in a system that always gives them the advantage by exposing the opposing sideline on national tv every week. I'd love to see a stat of our opponents the following week after playing the patriots based on that exploitation. I think you'd find the bigger percentage may have had trouble bouncing back after a BB "dacking" as other teams would have learned things to use too, that may not yet have been rectified. The patriots players only have to execute at a certain level each week to have the advantage, while the other team MUST play disciplined,error free, high level football with a real plan of attack to compete and beat us. Its a rare thing to see the patriots caught off guard and even when they are, its usually sorted by the second half. The theme is pats usually lose when the players don't execute well. The coaching has some bad moments/days, but not many. When they execute, more often than they win big. Its really Bill and his staffs ability to give them an advantage expose the opposition and maximize their potential.

Smashed em really...Good solid form..but yet another lineman down...weird to see Wendell come in...he is a starter in my eyes
:( Who went down ?

One on my favourite comments I have read this morning,
" Following convincing back-to-back wins, Campbell's collection of 'Fins players were taught the same lesson that every upstart in the AFC East has learned this season: You aren't the Patriots. "

Finally a week when I can watch the Pats live. Early game, late game Sunday night, Monday night no problem. That covers all the time slots right? I mean there's no way this one week the Pats game would happen to be on a Thursday..... Right guys??? :(

"As one source has explained it to PFT, the Patriots have become concerned that a team eventually will plant bugs on its own and claim that the Patriots put them there. This has prompted the Patriots to ask the league to certify before each game that the visiting locker room is clean before an opposing team enters. Per the source, the NFL has declined to do this.":eek::rolleyes:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ets-locker-room-for-bugs-before-sundays-game/

Last edited:
NNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...Not Dion Lewis...and another lineman...Injuries are taking there toll...still 8-0

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What is the Lewis injury? Looked like he got ankle tapped and his ankles bashed together? Hopefully that's all, they can sting like a mofo though when that happens.

Fingers crossed that Dion escapes an ACL.

The way he just cuts and weaves at great speed always made something like this a real risk unfortunately.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back