Teams New England Patriots - The Pats

Remove this Banner Ad

Its a solid win, now if we can stop dropping catches that would be great. Brady has been great moving in the pocket, leading rusher today too!

Jets are a decent team, certainly their D.
The Jets played as well as they possibly could have against New England. To be fair, I was fairly impressed by the Jets and I expect them to push for a Wild Card berth now. There's no reason why they can't be a 10 win team if Fitzpatrick is reasonable the rest of the way. However, the Pats played like hot garbage, dropped a million balls, the D couldn't get off on third down and still put 30 on the #1 ranked D in the league. By all respects, it should have been a blow out but the mark of a good team is winning when you're not playing well.

Plenty to work on but the return game will be mightily interesting. The Jets will be a good chance back in NY if the Pats play like that.

Concerns about Julians last 2 games ?? Lack of confidence crept in ? Hope he turns it up against Miami.

I swear I could see Ninkovich utter "How many fukn times before I hold onto one !" after his fourth tip lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Concerns about Julians last 2 games ?? Lack of confidence crept in ? Hope he turns it up against Miami.

I swear I could see Ninkovich utter "How many fukn times before I hold onto one !" after his fourth tip lol
The guy dislocated a finger and is likely playing with cortisone injections. I'm not worried about Minitron. He'll make the necessary adjustments.

In all, the Patriots dropped back to pass on 90.9 percent of their offensive plays, which is the highest percentage by any team in the past 10 seasons, according to ESPN's Stats & Information.

It's hard to win with that type of approach, but Brady makes it look easy at times. Consider that over the past 10 seasons, the Patriots are 4-0 when at least 80 percent of their plays are dropbacks, while all other teams are 3-109 in that time.

FB_IMG_1445978475120.jpg

In all, the Patriots dropped back to pass on 90.9 percent of their offensive plays, which is the highest percentage by any team in the past 10 seasons, according to ESPN's Stats & Information.

It's hard to win with that type of approach, but Brady makes it look easy at times. Consider that over the past 10 seasons, the Patriots are 4-0 when at least 80 percent of their plays are dropbacks, while all other teams are 3-109 in that time.

View attachment 188836
At times, the short passing game doubles as the run game. The Patriots identified weaknesses in the Jets scheme and attacked it through the air. Smart coaching.

Sure, with the current o line, no Lewis and a great run d on the opposite side it made it an easy choice. However the mere fact that other teams are 3 and 109 doing similar.....wow.

This brought back some lols too. I don't know what's better the content or Morts face.

Sure, with the current o line, no Lewis and a great run d on the opposite side it made it an easy choice. However the mere fact that other teams are 3 and 109 doing similar.....wow.

This brought back some lols too. I don't know what's better the content or Morts face.

That, my friends is KNOWING your s**t. Gronk goes to another team.. maybe he excels ok… but it's the right calibre player into the right system which extrudes all the essential benefits that are needed to shape a dream. I have no doubt that Brady may keep his word about playing another ten years because he plays for the SMARTEST / SHREWDEST HC in the biz. Hands down.

View attachment 188836

Doesn't take much to realise that NOT needing to imitate Dan Marino or be the next Randall Cunningham is something that gets to to the Big Dance but more about EXPLOITING the opposition on their weaknesses and that's why the Pats are SMARTEST TEAM. Brady just does his job. His WR's/ TE's do their job… he racks up the yards on his stats sheet.. high percentage options will continue to work. I find that trying to be a Warren Moon type gun slinger is all about entertaining the masses. Brady doesn't give a flying F about the masses. No wonder Chism says the Patriots are boring to watch. Chism didn't understand what exploiting the opposition is all about. (Funnily enough, Chism picked NE as his 3XKO… so I think the penny has dropped):eek:. That's the business secret of winning in this league. Let the gunslingers entertain the masses and maybe, just maybe have a 'good day' when it counts but when it comes down to 'consistency' … you don't need to be a 3-109 calibre team with the hype. That 3-109 stat doesn't surprise me one iota.

Doesn't take much to realise that NOT needing to imitate Dan Marino or be the next Randall Cunningham is something that gets to to the Big Dance but more about EXPLOITING the opposition on their weaknesses and that's why the Pats are SMARTEST TEAM. Brady just does his job. His WR's/ TE's do their job… he racks up the yards on his stats sheet.. high percentage options will continue to work. I find that trying to be a Warren Moon type gun slinger is all about entertaining the masses. Brady doesn't give a flying F about the masses. No wonder Chism says the Patriots are boring to watch. Chism didn't understand what exploiting the opposition is all about. (Funnily enough, Chism picked NE as his 3XKO… so I think the penny has dropped):eek:. That's the business secret of winning in this league. Let the gunslingers entertain the masses and maybe, just maybe have a 'good day' when it counts but when it comes down to 'consistency' … you don't need to be a 3-109 calibre team with the hype. That 3-109 stat doesn't surprise me one iota.

* off!!

I have always respected the Pats cause they WIN and are professional.

Just because i do not enjoy watching them play purely for entertainment purposes does not mean i do not admire how well drilled and professional they are from the lowest rung to the top of their internal team ladder.

Now now Woodson and Chism, there's been enough blood spilled courtesy of the Patriots. This is a loving, caring and harmonious environment where everyone is free to marvel at the wonders that are Belichick-Brady.

That is nothing compared to what we say to each other on some Monday mornings during games at 4am!

:D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back