Teams New England Patriots - The Pats

Remove this Banner Ad

The only conceivable reason I can think of as to why Tim Tebow is currently a Patriots player is exposure to the Read-Option during the off season. As a 53 roster player, his signing makes no sense.

Since it's a WTF day how about this.... Pat's think Jets are going to get top draft pick and take Johnny Football, as such they have gotten on the jump and hired Tebow to work with the Training squad so that they are prepped... Honestly thought, perhaps they think he is a good tag team for Mallet (Mallet works them down the field, Tebow in the red zone) if god forbid something happens.

Since it's a WTF day how about this.... Pat's think Jets are going to get top draft pick and take Johnny Football, as such they have gotten on the jump and hired Tebow to work with the Training squad so that they are prepped... Honestly thought, perhaps they think he is a good tag team for Mallet (Mallet works them down the field, Tebow in the red zone) if god forbid something happens.
That would be something the Jets would consider... Manziel ahead of Clowney. If you're picking at #1 in 2014, you take Jadeveon Clowney without question.

That would be something the Jets would consider... Manziel ahead of Clowney. If you're picking at #1 in 2014, you take Jadeveon Clowney without question.
If I were the Jets I'd actually trade out of pick 1 and gain a butload of picks/talent for it.
They need it more than someone who has impeccible talent, but might or might not suit their gamestyle.

If I were the Jets I'd actually trade out of pick 1 and gain a butload of picks/talent for it.
They need it more than someone who has impeccible talent, but might or might not suit their gamestyle.
I see merit in your suggestion Dirty Bird but it would be awfully difficult to pass on a generational talent as such. I'm glad I'm not making that decision.

I see merit in your suggestion Dirty Bird but it would be awfully difficult to pass on a generational talent as such. I'm glad I'm not making that decision.
If I ran a 4-3 defence. He'd be #1 on my board every day of the week.
3-4 base however? Comes down to team to team.

If I were with the Saints, Eagles, Cardinals, 49ers, Texans, Colts, Browns or Chiefs I'd take him.
If I were with the Redskins, Jets, Steelers or Chargers I'd trade pick #1 as there's alot of other needs that can be adressed with the picks I'd acquire.
If I were with the Packers or Ravens I'd really contemplate both.

If I ran a 4-3 defence. He'd be #1 on my board every day of the week.
3-4 base however? Comes down to team to team.

If I were with the Saints, Eagles, Cardinals, 49ers, Texans, Colts, Browns or Chiefs I'd take him.
If I were with the Redskins, Jets, Steelers or Chargers I'd trade pick #1 as there's alot of other needs that can be adressed with the picks I'd acquire.
If I were with the Packers or Ravens I'd really contemplate both.
6'6, 270LBS with room to grow. I'd feel comfortable with Clowney playing as a defensive end in a 34 next to a beast Tackle... named Wilfork. That said, I do believe you're right and that he's better suited to a 43. Clowney would immediately command a double team. Either way, he makes watching South Carolina interesting.

Silver reiterates report that Belichick isn’t a fan of Tebow

belichick.jpg

Last month, Mike Silver of Yahoo! Sports reported that Patriots coach Bill Belichick “hates” Tim Tebow as a player. In the wake of Belichick’s decision to give Tebow a job, Silver has reiterated his belief, based on a team source, that Belichick isn’t a believer in Tebow.

“For the record, I stand by my original assertion that Belichick has told many people in the Patriots’ organization that he’s not a Tebow fan,” Silver writes. “After Belichick’s strong denial last Friday, the same source weighed in with an even more forceful rebuttal, insisting that the coach was ‘so full of it’ and that Belichick’s Tebow-bashing was commonplace at the team’s facility.”

Still, Silver concedes that Belichick would bring Tebow in only if Belichick thinks it will help the team win. In our view, however, there’s a chance Belichick did it simply to get offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels and/or former Florida coach Urban Meyer to quit pestering Belichick about giving Tebow a chance.

From Belichick’s perspective, it’s a simple proposition: They want to see what Tebow can do, so we’ll see what he can do. And when he can’t do what he needs to do, we’ll move on.

If so, the challenge for Tebow will be to treat every practice like it’s the fourth quarter of a close game. If he can’t summon whatever magic he finds in those circumstances, Tebow won’t be long for New England.

ESPN's Mike Reiss confirms that "no one should be surprised" if Tim Tebow isn't on the Patriots' final roster.

Contract details aren't available yet, but we're expecting a one-year deal for the fourth-year minimum. That would make it very easy for the Patriots to simply move on if they don't like what they see from Tebow. Reiss also confirms that the team is "high" on backup Ryan Mallett. Coach Bill Belichick is set to address the media at 10:45 a.m. ET on Tuesday.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tim Tebow's two-year contract with the Patriots contains no guaranteed money.

A couple weeks ago, Tebow's only suitors were the Philadelphia Soul (as a backup), Omaha Beef and the CFL. So it's no surprise that he's settled for a team-friendly deal in New England. The Patriots can cut him at any time without any financial implications. Meanwhile, ESPN's Adam Schefter reiterates that Tebow will play quarterback, but Tom Brady "will not lose a play." Tebow was not signed to run the Wildcat.

Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Adam Schefter seriously needs to stop taking every word as gospel told to him from clubs and perhaps visit the gentlemen's club before blowing himself silly with believing such non-sense >> Tebow will play QB but Tom Brady will not miss a play?? o_O C'MON MAN !!!

Adam Schefter seriously needs to stop taking every word as gospel told to him from clubs and perhaps visit the gentlemen's club before blowing himself silly with believing such non-sense >> Tebow will play QB but Tom Brady will not miss a play?? o_O C'MON MAN !!!
You can design plays with Tebow at QB and Brady on the field.

X--------Y-------HXXXXX------------Z
-
-
---------------------Q-T

X = Amendola
Y = Gronkowski
H = Hoomanawanui
Z = Edelman
Q = Tebow
T = Brady

H, LT, LG and C block left. Q makes it look like a run play.
Laterals to X on the reverse.
Laterals to T who's standing there with RG and RT blocking infront of him ready to throw.

Y is running a crossing route.
Z is running a streak down the sideline.
X keeps running to a flat on the right.
H keeps running to a flat on the left.
Q is in a screen behind LT, LG and C.

Reads
1 = Q
2 = Y
3 = Z
4 = X
5 = Tom Brady's ****ed.

Tebow could be a Rudy in New England

rudy.jpg

So what do the Patriots plan to do with quarterback Tim Tebow? Our buddy Tom Curran of CSN New England joined PFT Live on Tuesday to discuss the topic.

One possibility, as postulated by Curran, is that coach Bill Belichick wants the other players on the team to witness Tebow’s drive, dedication, and heart, in the hopes they’ll increase their own.

In other words, Tebow could be New England’s version of Rudy.

If so, Tebow faces similar odds of making the team — and of actually suiting up and playing in a game. Don’t count on many members of the team lining up and dropping their jerseys on Belichick’s desk to make it happen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back