News New Jumpers for 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please lets keep discussion to actual confirmations, legitimate news items and credible leaks only. Remember that any of your own design ideas do not belong in this thread, but are to go in the Jumper Ideas thread.

A change will not be considered to be confirmed until it has either been announced by the club or leaked by a retailer.

If you do come across some information, please make sure to post your sources with any confirmed releases, and clearly state any rumours or leaks.

Cheers, and enjoy!

REMINDER: TROLLS WHO DELIBERATELY POST FALSE OR MISLEADING INFORMATION WILL BE CARDED

Adelaide
New Rear Sponsor - TBA (Replacing Optus) - Confirmed 28/8/21.

Brisbane Lions

Carlton

Collingwood

New Rear Sponsor - TBA (Replacing CGU) - Confirmed 9/2/21; Source.

Essendon

Fremantle

Geelong

Gold Coast

Greater Western Sydney

Hawthorn

Melbourne

North Melbourne

New Manufacturer - Puma - Confirmed 28/10/21; Source.
New home jumper - return to white base - Rumoured; Source.
New away/clash jumper - rumoured to be Bounding Roo; Source.

Port Adelaide

Richmond

New Front Sponsor - nib (moves from back to front) - Confirmed 18/10/21; Source.
New Back Sponsor - Latitude - Confirmed 5/11/20; Source.

St Kilda

Sydney

West Coast

Western Bulldogs

Last edited:

Whilst we do wear a kit in the Fitzroy colours, we don't really do much to honour the original Bears at all, and their history is just as traumatic for those of us that grew up loving the Bears brand and then had it taken away from us. Considering what the brand achieved in the short tenure against the odds, it would be awesome if we did a bit more. Unlike the Suns, GWS, Crows, Port and WC, we were setup to essentially fail from their inception, yet somehow still made finals in our final year as Bears.

I would love if we did the Qclash kits (as I've stated before) in Bears colours/an homage to their design-work. I've also proposed we wear the red kit with blue shorts for home games against Essendon and Collingwood in Brisbane as well (maybe even Vic if all agreed), which would be a neat kit vs our traditional rivals.
Good ideas. I would prefer we wore a maroon jumper with a white lion in those games you mentioned re the traditional rivals. We only changed to red because of the introduction of colour tv. Maroon jumper much better than the red one I reckon. Our third kit should be a bears style replica except with the lion. But I think the AFL always want white involved in that particular jumper which always ruins it

Good ideas. I would prefer we wore a maroon jumper with a white lion in those games you mentioned re the traditional rivals. We only changed to red because of the introduction of colour tv. Maroon jumper much better than the red one I reckon. Our third kit should be a bears style replica except with the lion. But I think the AFL always want white involved in that particular jumper which always ruins it
Yeah, I think sticking to the red is something that clearly stands out from the standard kit though (the navy with a white lion works really well too).
The cerise kit could look amazing with cerise yoke and lion on a field of yellow I think. That or just re-apply the Bears colours from the training jersey to clash kit.

Honestly would prefer this as the base kit, not like our tri-panel design has brought much success...
It's funny because when Rod Butterss brought the Tri-Panel back, when he came in as president, it was because the Club's greatest success (1966) had been in the Tri-Panel.

Here's how I'd do it. In these matchups, both sides wear their full home kit (kits and colours don't look alike at all, and white shorts just make more of a clash):
-Adelaide
-Brisbane
-Carlton
-Essendon
-Fremantle
-Gold Coast
-Greater Western Sydney
-Hawthorn
-Melbourne
-Port Adelaide
-Richmond
-St. Kilda
-Sydney

Clash required:
-Collingwood: No matter what, we wear white shorts and they wear their full home. We can also wear the bounding roo if we're the away team.
-Geelong: No matter what, we wear an inverted kit and they wear white shorts, since they don't seem to have a clash jumper
-West Coast: If it's our home game, we wear our full home kit and they wear yellow. If it's their home game, we wear white shorts
-Western Bulldogs: No matter what, we wear white shorts and they wear their full home. It's silly to have us in the inverted kit vs. them in their white clash, this way both teams wear their traditional design.

There's room to maybe fit the odd bounding roo in there too against pretty much any of the first group of teams.
Same for Geelong as well, both teams in home shorts really works in these match ups.

Perhaps St Kilda and Port I would have Geelong and North in all white still no matter what.

Be great to see North back in white and we have a away game against them, really love to see the clash jumper we have had the last couple of years used in a game:)

Not by the end of the west coast deal, good length of time where west coast were the only ones. Hawks were in Adidas by 2008, I think they swans changed tonisc in 2010, west coast went to idc in 2016 (don't quote me on the dates), that's a good period of exclusivity.

I'm hoping castore pull it out of the bad this year.

Hawthorn were in Puma during the 2012 Grand Final.

In fact they had an exclusive agreement with Puma dating back to the 1970s when the Sales Manager got Peter Knights and Peter Crimmins sales - rep jobs

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But I think the AFL always want white involved in that particular jumper which always ruins it

Surely that theory or rule has been thrown out the window by now. West Coat and Richmond both have yellow clash jumpers with no white, and Crowd this year had a Yellow and a Red away jumper with no white other than shorts.

Could be either, leaning towards no more McDonald's and its someone else, would of thought it would be a straight swap if it was McDonalds.
It has to be Sonic at this point. Red-yellow-blue colour scheme, American burger chain, and they are opening up their first restaurant in Adelaide next year.

It has to be Sonic at this point. Red-yellow-blue colour scheme, American burger chain, and they are opening up their first restaurant in Adelaide next year.
Sonic don't use yellow anymore. Just red and light blue now.

Is the colour yellow involved?

Considering that they used the yellow crusader for the training guernseys this year, that could mean they are going in another direction. As well, the tri-colour guernsey doesn't work well with the current NB template, so I'm almost hoping they go with the crusader for the home guernsey. All just my own theory however. Nonetheless, it's got me excited.

A lot of new accounts popping up and posting information, I do hope they are legitimate accounts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back