News New Jumpers for 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please lets keep discussion to actual confirmations, legitimate news items and credible leaks only. Remember that any of your own design ideas do not belong in this thread, but are to go in the Jumper Ideas thread.

A change will not be considered to be confirmed until it has either been announced by the club or leaked by a retailer.

If you do come across some information, please make sure to post your sources with any confirmed releases, and clearly state any rumours or leaks.

Cheers, and enjoy!

REMINDER: TROLLS WHO DELIBERATELY POST FALSE OR MISLEADING INFORMATION WILL BE CARDED

Adelaide
New Rear Sponsor - TBA (Replacing Optus) - Confirmed 28/8/21.

Brisbane Lions

Carlton

Collingwood

New Rear Sponsor - TBA (Replacing CGU) - Confirmed 9/2/21; Source.

Essendon

Fremantle

Geelong

Gold Coast

Greater Western Sydney

Hawthorn

Melbourne

North Melbourne

New Manufacturer - Puma - Confirmed 28/10/21; Source.
New home jumper - return to white base - Rumoured; Source.
New away/clash jumper - rumoured to be Bounding Roo; Source.

Port Adelaide

Richmond

New Front Sponsor - nib (moves from back to front) - Confirmed 18/10/21; Source.
New Back Sponsor - Latitude - Confirmed 5/11/20; Source.

St Kilda

Sydney

West Coast

Western Bulldogs

Last edited:
No! If you are aware of the st kilda Facebook post they had towards the end of the year asking members and supporters about their favourite jumper/clash there were 2 clear winners……. There is also a tweak to the home jumper that will keep a lot of people happy also
I just had a look at that post and yellow was definitely the overwhelming favourite.

If it was posted in the last 24 hours it was either taken down or was an old pair (isc and cgu branding). I dont believe the players will get any new gear until day 1 of pre season which hasn't started (which is why it's been quiet).
it was nike x Collingwood shorts with a white trim at the back. it was new as I have every nike x pies item since its release in January.

View attachment 1274330
I believe you’re referring to these ISC shorts.
images

Yeah so I reckon you can pretty much take it to the bank that its Hungry Jacks sponsoring the Crows, just reading between many lines.

If so, and assuming they take both spots, hopefully they do the buns logo above the number and go with just the text for below the number. That full square logo that West Coast had for a bit was terrible!

Regardless, it’ll be a sad day losing a text only sponsor from the back. Only a single one-off game in 2009 has had a sponsor box on the back. Rip clean look.

Yeah so I reckon you can pretty much take it to the bank that its Hungry Jacks sponsoring the Crows, just reading between many lines.

If so, and assuming they take both spots, hopefully they do the buns logo above the number and go with just the text for below the number. That full square logo that West Coast had for a bit was terrible!

Regardless, it’ll be a sad day losing a text only sponsor from the back. Only a single one-off game in 2009 has had a sponsor box on the back. Rip clean look.

anyone else hate the above number sponsors? Just me?

Yes and No. I do hate them but the way Melbourne has done there’s with Beyond Bank is very slick and it looks good. That’s how they should look.
I feel there may be a bit of bias there but I agree. I just don’t want our game to end up becoming billboards. Although it does already look like we’re going that route.

I thought the original clue was that it was an American Burger joint? I've always thought of HJs being 'Australian' even if it was just a shoot off from Burger King.

Anyway, if it truly is then something like this could work. Yellow text would just get lost against the hoops and the number I feel.

1636089982351.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought the original clue was that it was an American Burger joint? I've always thought of HJs being 'Australian' even if it was just a shoot off from Burger King.

Anyway, if it truly is then something like this could work. Yellow text would just get lost against the hoops and the number I feel.

View attachment 1274577

To me, I consider Hungry Jacks an American company that just uses a different name in Australia. Just like I wouldn’t call McDonald’s Aussie just cos they like to call themselves Macca’s these days.

That mockup would be nice, but I’d be (pleasantly) surprised if it eventuated. There hasn’t been a whole lot of room between the number and first hoop lately, so I feel like about the best we could hope for is the old red text in white box overlapping into the hoops.

Anyone know what brand thiese boots are? Noticed a few Eagles boys wearing these boots today
6284B733-1CC2-4CD2-907C-7DE3C1306683.jpeg

anyone else hate the above number sponsors? Just me?

Most team sponsorship looks plain awful, slap a big box without any regard to the design of the jumper and job done. Looking at my own club, Ed could jump up and down all he wanted about Collingwood being black and white, but with the size and scale of the sponsor tramp stamps, blind Freddie even knew that was a laugh.

The AFL and club administrators make so many visits to the NFL as if it's a mecha of sports administration higher learning.... but clearly end up spending more time at NASCAR night school.

If they did go the NFL route, the AFL could cleanskin the jumpers for league wide national sponsors, making it more attractive to the big corporates. Digital stadium signage and prime time broadcast advertising packages would make for a compelling spend. Especially if potential clashes with competitor brands are no longer an issue.

Clubs wouldn't have to live and die by the whim of the major sponsor as has been the case in the past. They still forge corporate partnerships obviously, but the main dollars are guaranteed by the AFL in a national deal.

I think either Monday night or Thursday night football has to work in order to make the strategy a success.... but we are talking jumpers here not the big picture so going back to my original point: they are mostly poor, design wise and should go; but as clubs are the advertisers whores, it ain't going to happen.

I'm more interested in the fact they are isc socks. No idea about the brand thought it was nike at first
Official training hasn’t started. A small group of lads out there at the club training

932BC327-FF87-4A8A-98BC-C6BA7CECDC13.jpeg

Is that a new brand in footy? Seen a few of the nike boys cross to them

Most team sponsorship looks plain awful, slap a big box without any regard to the design of the jumper and job done. Looking at my own club, Ed could jump up and down all he wanted about Collingwood being black and white, but with the size and scale of the sponsor tramp stamps, blind Freddie even knew that was a laugh.

The AFL and club administrators make so many visits to the NFL as if it's a mecha of sports administration higher learning.... but clearly end up spending more time at NASCAR night school.

If they did go the NFL route, the AFL could cleanskin the jumpers for league wide national sponsors, making it more attractive to the big corporates. Digital stadium signage and prime time broadcast advertising packages would make for a compelling spend. Especially if potential clashes with competitor brands are no longer an issue.

Clubs wouldn't have to live and die by the whim of the major sponsor as has been the case in the past. They still forge corporate partnerships obviously, but the main dollars are guaranteed by the AFL in a national deal.

I think either Monday night or Thursday night football has to work in order to make the strategy a success.... but we are talking jumpers here not the big picture so going back to my original point: they are mostly poor, design wise and should go; but as clubs are the advertisers whores, it ain't going to happen.

NewsCorp tried that in 1997 for Super League but DB Breweries who sponsored the Auckland Warriors at the time, weren't happy with the name of one of their Beers, DB Bitter, being removed from the jerseys. I'd expect similar backlash from sponsors if that were to happen in the AFL.

Anyone know what brand thiese boots are? Noticed a few Eagles boys wearing these boots today
View attachment 1274699
The brand is called Concave and that specific model is the Concave Halo. they were kinda popular around 2016. maybe the players were given these boots back then and they just use them for training or something. ive seen a couple of players wear them since then but not many.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back