News New Jumpers for 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Online Competitions can be made to provide the outcome already determined by the competition organiser.

as this entry from one of our design competitions shows.

1710361693294.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hot take here, I think the Eagles had the right idea when they moved to navy from royal blue. The problem is they botched the designs when they did it - both tripanels were far inferior to the wings, and the navy wings are nice but it'd look a lot nicer in the same arrangement as the original home jumper. The OG wings (either colourway) and the current wings are the best home jumpers the eagles have had but if they were navy that extra contrast would be elite. But even more importantly, the off field merch would look so much better in navy than royal it's not even funny.

Yeah I don’t believe for a second that the ochre didn’t win that vote, I’ve been saying for a while that west coast take themselves too seriously to wear a “bad” retro kit like Freo did with the 3D anchor.
I reckon there's a fair bit of truth to this, West Coast always feel very corporate and safe. Frankly surprised we're getting any retro jumper at all

Hot take here, I think the Eagles had the right idea when they moved to navy from royal blue. The problem is they botched the designs when they did it - both tripanels were far inferior to the wings, and the navy wings are nice but it'd look a lot nicer in the same arrangement as the original home jumper. The OG wings (either colourway) and the current wings are the best home jumpers the eagles have had but if they were navy that extra contrast would be elite. But even more importantly, the off field merch would look so much better in navy than royal it's not even funny.
It's good as an alternative clash colour like they wore in the mid to late 90's, but I prefer royal blue as the home and main guernsey.

Gold looks terrible as the base colour, navy is a stronger base colour. I would like to see a variation of the current Eagle logo with a navy base used as the alternative uniform.
Disagree, I’d even like to see West Coast wear the gold jumper with blue shorts for one home game a year.

But the navy wings should be in their set in some capacity (royal, gold and navy), I don’t know what purpose it would serve but it looks good.

Disagree, I’d even like to see West Coast wear the gold jumper with blue shorts for one home game a year.

But the navy wings should be in their set in some capacity (royal, gold and navy), I don’t know what purpose it would serve but it looks good.
It looks better with blue shorts, and they should change the Eagle to be royal blue on the gold clash uniform. But with white shorts, I would prefer a navy base uniform, similar to Melbourne's primary blue clash/navy home uniforms.
OkbYvZym.jpg
Surprised people hate this.
HERO_230321_MatchInfoRD2.jpg
And prefer this.

Last edited:
I reckon there's a fair bit of truth to this, West Coast always feel very corporate and safe. Frankly surprised we're getting any retro jumper at all
I use to see that uniform on a lot of "worst guernseys ever" lists, so I'm not sure why people think it was a shoe in to win. It'd be like expecting the Power Rangers Hawthorn guernsey to win a popular vote against other uniforms.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back