Teams New York Jets - Gang Green

Remove this Banner Ad

Was a pretty tough game to watch, interception/turnover on second play and a TD within the first minute or so set the pace for the game. Not shattered like after the Pats loss though the Titans running up the score was pretty bad. The Titans are a decent side so not stressing too much about a loss on the road.

The thing that continues to s**t me is the lack of discipline in giving away penalties, do these guys have rocks in their heads?

That was much better than last week! Even though the Falcons haven't exactly been world beaters this year I thought it was a pretty impressive win for a rookie QB on the road, especially after we were headed with under 2 minutes to go. That's the second time this year Geno has driven down the field in the final stretch to secure a win. With a bit of luck we could be 4-1 and leading the Division but I'll take 3-2. If we can beat the Steelers (which we should) and get Holmes back we should be pushing for a playoff spot in what is a pretty weak Division. Will be interesting I see how we perform against the Dolphins as they have been pretty impressive this year, especially Tannehill.

Great win on the road against a team playing for its season. But I thought that when the Jets scored their third touchdown, that was the time to be aggressive and go for the two point conversion. If the Jets succeed, they lead by 14 points and it would have been difficult for Atlanta to drive successfully for two TDs in the remaining time. If the Jets failed, they lead by 12 points and it's not much different to the situation they found themselves in at the end of the game.

The Jets scored plenty of points quickly but one thing they need to work on as controlling the ball. By the end of the game, the Jets defence looked pretty gassed and Ryan was picking up yards in bunches. Even the Atlanta run-game, which was really anaemic in the first half, started to pick up towards the end of the game. Had the Jets put together some clock-chewing drives, especially at the start of the second half, the Jets' D would have been a little bit fresher and perhaps more able to stop the Falcons from getting as close as they did.

The one thing about Holmes is that he's such a domineering presence that he commands Geno to throw him the ball. That means that players like Kerley see less targets and arguably the Jets would benefit more from Kerley, Cumberland and Winslow seeing more targets than Holmes (though I note that Winslow grumbled a bit about only getting the one target yesterday).

My faith is slowly being restored...tough 4 weeks coming up though..very tough.

4 games ...lol

Depth really being tested.

Goodson out for the season with torn ACL & MCL, according to his own tweet.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/9824130/mike-goodson-new-york-jets-tweets-torn-acl-mcl

So from the starters on offence, the Jets have lost Winslow for three more games and Goodson for the season. Ivory is always dinged up. Holmes is dealing with a hamstring injury. Hill recently overcame a concussion and is up & down. Clyde Gates is no good (but is fast) and is also dealing with injuries.

The Patriots game could be a trainwreck.

The ironic thing is that if Goodson had executed his block properly, Geno would have avoided the Steelers' pressure and not thrown an INT to Timmons whom Goodson was injured trying to tackle.

Very frustrating game. You knew it was going to happen and it was like watching a train wreck in slow motion unfold right in front of you. Whole time I was just thinking "same old Jets" (am I jaded already? I've only been following this team for 3 and a bit years haha).

Last week Morningwegs playcalling was brilliant - this week I thought it was really quite poor, especially in the first quarter. The defense held up OK, only really giving up two big plays, the 3rd and long at the end of the 1st and the TD play. They did enough to allow the offense a chance to put up a winning score but they blew it, particularly with those two turnovers on the goal line but also with their inability to get enough 1st downs.

Cromartie really struggled and it appeared as though they had targeted him to test out his injury.

Well, just show that mistakes in the redzone etc. are justs o costly, still would love to know what Geno was thinking with that first INT.

It's a pity the Pats had that bull**** comeback too, I was more annoyed at that tbh, games like yesterday for the Jets were expected sadly. Going to be hard with the lack of depth on the O but we have a shot against the Pats...

A lot of 'experts' said we would be the worst team in the NFL this season.

As long as that doesn't become true I'm happy.

Sure would be nice to beat N.E next up....but just can't see it happening.

Ahh..the life of a Jets fan..haha:oops:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Awesome win after a pretty terrible first half. Our defence was great especially after half time giving Brady nothing. Yeah they had their 3 best defenders out but the Jets have injury problems of their own. At the end of the day any win against the Pats is immense doesn't matter how it comes.

The penalties continue to kill us though, though the one against them at the end sdaved us. We should have won in regular time though after the TD to Hill was disallowed when he had a penalty called against him after the Pats defender took a dive. Not much of the home town calls we saw earlier in the year at Foxboro..

When I heard he was released, knew he would be a chance for us to pick him up...

And the Jets have signed Reed.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/9975464/new-york-jets-deal-ed-reed

I think it's an awesome move. Reed is familiar with Ryan's system given their time together in Baltimore, and I read an article on a Jets board from a couple of years ago where Reed basically said he hoped the Ravens would hire Ryan as head coach over Harbaugh because Ryan makes football fun for the players. Reed might be 35 and will have lost a step, but the Jets are paying him less than $500,000 for the rest of the season, so it's low risk from the financial perspective and if he can assist the growth of Antonio Allen, Josh Bush and Jaiquawn Jarrett, so much the better. Plus Reed has played with Dawan Landry previously, so he's quite familiar with the system that the Jets will run.

And it keeps him out of the clutches of the Patriots.

-6d876a43426f0c61.jpg

I thought Geno had a good game, he threw it very accurately to the Bills, oh wait...

No, as I said in the main thread, I don't want to hear any articles about starting Simms because it just simply won't happen. It's a stupid thought.

A lot of factors were a factor today to why we got smashed, why don't we start with how much space we were giving the Bills recievers whom most of them having been picked up from the car park before they played this game. Our O-line falling to any pressure. Or that dumb touchdown which was caused by the wind.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back