Teams New York Jets - Gang Green

Remove this Banner Ad

I think I'm falling in love with McElroy in this game.
If I were Arizona, I'd contemplate giving up as much as a 4th round draft pick to get him to my franchise!
That goes for any team who needs a backup!
With Rex too focused on Sanchez and Smith, I feel it allows another team to swoop in and get McElroy who I think is the best in the team........

Giving way too much credit for one game, although I have to agree he had the better game out of the 3. Sanchez still looks the same, any pressure on him and its panic stations. That pick 6 was just lulz.

Saw on Facebook...just have to post it...

1098225_575957239117635_2016573163_n.png

The New York Daily News calls Jets GM John Idzik's reputation as a "football guy" compared to Mike Tannenbaum a "narrative steeped in fiction."

In an extremely harsh take, reporter Manish Mehta believes the "early returns on Idzik’s personnel evaluation skills are not good," and that "his honeymoon officially ended 3 minutes, 49 seconds into the preseason opener when Mark Sanchez added to his ever-growing Pick-6 collection." Mehta correctly points out that a number of Idzik's gambles — David Garrard and Mike Goodson for instance — have not paid off, but it's unfair to write off his offseason based on Sanchez. Idzik had extremely little money to work with, and is only stuck with Sanchez because of Tannenbaum. Idzik's had an abnormal number of fliers go awry, but we still like the direction he's trying to take Gang Green.

Source: New York Daily News

Smith is going to have to play pretty bad or that to happen

I thought this was pretty funny

Apparently owner Woody Johnson wants to make Sanchez "earn every cent" of the $8.25 million he's slated to make in 2013.

"What's going to happen to Sanchez? Would they release him? I think it's possible -- not inconceivable -- that Idzik could encourage Woody Johnson to just take the cap hit, $8.25 million, and get it over with now," Werder said. "But I've also been told by people who are close to the organization that Woody Johnson is tired of being criticized for all the dead money the Jets have accumulated and he's going to make Sanchez earn every cent of this $8.25 million, even if he doesn't play this year."

Basically that means Woody's figured out the Jets are the NFL's punching bag, he's sick and tired of it and he's ready to take it out on someone else. That someone else appears to be Sanchez, who's apparently going to spend a lot of time either on the Jets sideline or in front of media members explaining why he's on the sideline during 2013.

Feels good. Feels real good. Geno had his struggles, but he was right there and didn't panic. Showed poise and fought back after being rattled. Couldn't expect anything more. Wasn't a pretty game but it was a win. Suck a dick haters, 32nd in the league my arse. We usually push NE in the first clash, hopefully we can do a little more than that and keep making ESPN and co eat their words.

There are positive signs but lets be honest we were lucky to get the win. Still not sold on Geno but was pleased with the poise he had under pressure at times. Our pass rush looks much improved

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No thanks. He's not a good pro-style QB.

i thought he was, he doesn't run the (I've just gone blank on the name of the scheme where the qb has the option to throw to the rb or run himself), and he goes through his progressions he has all the tools, and is elusive rather than go for the run based plays that RG3 goes for

Let's go J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS!!!

Beat the Pats today and I won't want anything more out of the season.

Well, maybe also smash Tom Brady's face into the dirt!

With Gronkowski out, Amendola out, problems at RB, Welker, Gonzalez & Woodhead gone since last year I think we're in with a sneaky chance as long as our D is solid and Geno doesn't throw any picks.

Should have won the game. Hill can GAGF with that shocking fumble that resulted in a TD to the Pats and then his horrible attempt at fighting for a first down. Don't entirely blame Geno for the three picks at the end of the game. I think that at least one of them was on the receiver (Hill?) for not cutting his route as Geno expected. He did try to force a pass into a very small window for the first pick and the third pick was a hail Mary heave that could have gone anywhere.

Hopefully Shelden and Mo are okay to play in 10 days. Marty needs to look at his play calling. Far too pass happy given the conditions in the second half and left Ivory in the bench in the dog-house for too long after his fumble.

Moral victories don't count in this league. Hopefully the Jets smoke the Bills next round.

Pretty much exactly that Dixie. The lack of Ivory was very bad, Powell is an average runner who isn't bad, but doesn't have the potential of Ivory. Hill was shocking tonight. Gates was worse. So many drops including the missed touchdown.

Pretty much exactly that Dixie. The lack of Ivory was very bad, Powell is an average runner who isn't bad, but doesn't have the potential of Ivory. Hill was shocking tonight. Gates was worse. So many drops including the missed touchdown.

Couldn't believe when Hill made that grab think it might be in the late in the 3rd quarter, first time he made a decent catch and apart from that he was awful. Gates didn't look like catching a single ball.

The int in fg range by Geno was on him though, got to safer with the throw. I have to admit, he's growing on me though

What do we think after today's loss? I was calm about this one because really Geno was always going to have a game like this, we knew he wasn't perfect coming out of the draft. While a lot of the loss is on him, it's how he bounces back next week in a tough prime time game will tell us more.

2 injuries to our receivers didn't help but really we need more depth, the sooner we get rid of Gates the better.

O-line was inconsistent today, had some great moments mixed with bad but the titans pass rush was killing us more often than not. Penalties hurt as well again.

Missed the game, forgot that we were a 4am game so I got home about 1, settled in to watch us and realised we weren't on for another three hours. No way I could make it through so I just went to bed. Pretty awful box score, not sure how interested I am in downloading and rewatching it. Seems like Cro has regressed though :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Back