Newman axed amongst other list changes

Remove this Banner Ad

Heard a bit of audio of Vozzo on channel 9 last night. He said that Tunbridge and Newman will possibly be re-rookied but no guarantee. Depends on what is available at our picks.

Impressed with the clubs ruthlessness this year. We are well and truly in premiership mode now.

Impressed with the clubs ruthlessness this year. We are well and truly in premiership mode now.
The concerning one for me was Powell, just because we are in premiership mode I don't want us to give up on a few long term prospects.

The concerning one for me was Powell, just because we are in premiership mode I don't want us to give up on a few long term prospects.
He showed a lot of promise late in the season, but I suppose we'll just have to trust the club on this one!

Out of the delistees waterman is the only one who will be on our list at the end of next year. Throw in mcginnity,Lucas possibly karps and McInnes and a retiring Butler we will have a few picks in a strong draft

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Thought McInnes showed quite a bit when he got his chance. Definitely worth a spot on the list.

Was Powell really that good as everyone is making out though? He played most of his time with us in the WAFL reserves. He doesn't seem to have any set position and looks too skinny to be a KPP. He reminds me of Jarrad Grant.

Thought McInnes showed quite a bit when he got his chance. Definitely worth a spot on the list.
I have wasn't saying he is a certainty to be delisted but he would definitely want to make the most of any opportunities he gets

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Heard a bit of audio of Vozzo on channel 9 last night. He said that Tunbridge and Newman will possibly be re-rookied but no guarantee. Depends on what is available at our picks.

What did he say about Colledge and Waterman, are they certainties if available? Surely we'd be hoping another club picks up Colledge though.

So happy this thug has been de-listed. He ruined his career the moment he decided to brutally bash someone. Now we can all say justice was trully done. He is just going to be another poor man (this is certain as he obviously isn't a smart) who will have to go through life working the long hours with a criminal history forever haunting him. The victim i'm sure is laughing about it.

For what it's worth, he showed absolutely nothing at AFL level when he played. He came on and kicked a couple of junk time goals when the games were well and truly over. These goals were also handed to him by his team mates who were just sharing the love. Anyone remembering glimpses of talent really have selective memory. Why would WCE persevere with a convicted criminal when there are so many other talented footballers out there. They kept their PR in tact by sticking by him and paying his legal costs.

Jesus christ, lay off you philistine.

I don't like Newman either, but you're getting pretty damn personal with that paragraph. His game day performances are one thing to criticize, but it's another thing throwing parting shots at a young player who unfortunately didn't have what it took to make it in a tough business. I'd hardly say that's cause for insinuating that he's a failure as a person.

How's your jaw by the way?

Really?
The guy averaged 12 disposals and 1 goal a game in the WAFL this year, and has been on our list for 4 years

Been a classic case of some over rating our list. Newman was a smallish, not explosive fwd who is not great over head. Was never going to make it.

College, Tunbridge... Turning over our list has been long overdue. We made a GF without these guys so thank you for your service and all the best.

Jesus christ, lay off you philistine.

I don't like Newman either, but you're getting pretty damn personal with that paragraph. His game day performances are one thing to criticize, but it's another thing throwing parting shots at a young player who unfortunately didn't have what it took to make it in a tough business. I'd hardly say that's cause for insinuating that he's a failure as a person.

How's your jaw by the way?

He is a failure as a person... that's widely accepted. That's why he was locked up and isolated from society for a year. It is completely acceptable to call him a criminal and a thug as he was found guilty through the courts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He is a failure as a person... that's widely accepted. That's why he was locked up and isolated from society for a year. It is completely acceptable to call him a criminal and a thug as he was found guilty through the courts.

I'm not going to play down the severity of the charge against him, but it's one night of his entire life.

Lots of 19 year olds make mistakes. Some are more serious than others. But there is plenty of time for them to redeem themselves once they have served their time.

tumblr_mkfpzhImiO1rxofjho5_250.gif

Success is not final, failure is not fatal.

Not only the delisting and moving players to the rookie list but we have set ourselves up well for next years draft. Most of the lower end of the list on 1 year deals and we can rejuggle this main/rookie list numbers to get two extra main draft picks.

He's not quite 22, so he's been legally an adult for about 4 years.

I daresay he can well and truly turn his life around in the next 40 odd years before he retires to get your approval Pat. All is not lost.

You should have seen Keyser at Murrays age. Smoking crack, getting up to no good, dancing the charleston in milk bars, and now look at him. People actually let him rant on a podcast FFS.

Hey Pat your're a ****head. Not even you believe the the stupid shite you write.

I just don't understand how late in the season we had enough faith to upgrade Newman to the senior list but now we just delist him.

Shoddy treatment.
To be fair, Newman can have little to complain about when it comes to west coast treatment of him, they've supported him really well Imo.

Overall I'm happy to see colledge and Tunbridge off the main list. Waterman not so much, but if ts related to the illness then ok. Hopefully he can bounce back.

Only other change which I didn't like was Powell, not she why we didn't give him more of a chance.

Just on a side note, I remember last year it was our intention to be 39/5, but cavka still being available forced their hand. So it's possible that we may take more then 3 if a certain player of interest remains on the board and is unlikely to reach our rookie pick.

You come across as an affected party to his indiscretions, or of a similar type of offence. If you are, it seems you need some form of professional help to get through this experience.

If not, you appear to be an extremely small minded person. He has spent time in prison and has earned a second chance. Given his age at the time of his offence, labelling him as a 'failed human being' is way over the top and way too simplistic. Get a grip buddy.

He copped a bigger punishment than most and served it without a peep. Came out, the club stuck with him rather then cut him loose, and hopefully helped him turn his life around. Im pretty proud of how the club treated him and good luck to him if he doesnt get rerookied.

Newman was a smallish, not explosive fwd who is not great over head. Was never going to make it.

There's a lot of unrealised talent there. It's a shame. For me this is still the most confusing of the off-season changes, after everything that happened with him he was able to force his way into a top 2 team this year.

Ah well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back